Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Thuram refuses to travel to Leeds

Comments

• edited April 2014
  • Nug said:

Yann897 said:

Yann897 said:

Oakster said:

IAgree said:

Funny how the inexcusable behaviour of one player has generated a whole raft of negative opinions about RD. So desperate is the need for schadenfreude that excuse to have a moan about the new owners / players / Manager is seized with great enthusiasm and relish. Anyone who doesn't subscribe to this seems to have their identity questioned. Whilst any tom dick or Harriet who registers and gives dire warnings about RD is blithely accepted.

Personally I am a bit sick of the selective attention and relentless negativism.

Breathtaking hypocrisy Incorruptible!!!!!!
    Hello mr oakster , care to explain why my last 3 post have made you laugh out loud ?
    So you didn't wanna explain you thought you would just lol ^ that instead , I'm sure you and Henry Irving have OCD with clicking the LOL button nearly every one of my posts don't worry I like it it's funny . Dunno if anyone else has this problem with these two or just me ?

Pretty sure you were quite generous with the lol's back in the day, as soon as someone posted about Powell going or criticising RD.

Spot on. He was and still is which is why it is so funny giving it back to Yann.

What's even funnier is that he hasn't seen the irony and it now getting upset.

Let's see who LOLs this post.
  • dickplumb said:

We can't make an informed decision of the merits,or otherwise, of the Belgian league. How many people on this forum regularly watches Belgian League games? None, so we don't know how good or bad it is.

Every week, don't miss a game, huh?
  • Watched Thuram in the warmup yesterday and he didnt look too clever. His influence seemed to rub off on Hamer in the game.
  • dickplumb said:

We can't make an informed decision of the merits,or otherwise, of the Belgian league. How many people on this forum regularly watches Belgian League games? None, so we don't know how good or bad it is.

Totally agree - my perception was that Liege were on a par with a bottom half FAPL team like Villa, West Ham or Sunderland but this is based on image not watching any football. Their top striker is rated at £10M so that's another measure. If they are really top half championship or on a par with a yo-yo club I stand corrected but they strike me as where Charlton might be within a few years with the right decisions, backing and some luck.

• edited April 2014

Nug said:

Yann897 said:

Yann897 said:

Oakster said:

IAgree said:

Funny how the inexcusable behaviour of one player has generated a whole raft of negative opinions about RD. So desperate is the need for schadenfreude that excuse to have a moan about the new owners / players / Manager is seized with great enthusiasm and relish. Anyone who doesn't subscribe to this seems to have their identity questioned. Whilst any tom dick or Harriet who registers and gives dire warnings about RD is blithely accepted.

Personally I am a bit sick of the selective attention and relentless negativism.

Breathtaking hypocrisy Incorruptible!!!!!!
    Hello mr oakster , care to explain why my last 3 post have made you laugh out loud ?
    So you didn't wanna explain you thought you would just lol ^ that instead , I'm sure you and Henry Irving have OCD with clicking the LOL button nearly every one of my posts don't worry I like it it's funny . Dunno if anyone else has this problem with these two or just me ?

Let's see who LOLs this post.
    Yet another blatant attempt at HI to 'up' his popularity.

• RedChaser said:

@vff did you go last night then? If so well done that man it could have been you that made the difference :-)

I did go RC. I am sure that my shouting at the referee that he didn't have a clue tipped the balance ! The victory certainly makes the rest of the week go easier.

• vffvff
    edited April 2014
    Not sure about AA attitude wise RC. He has some talent, and I know footballers and skilled players have to a certain level of arrogance but it can be counterproductive. I wonder if he thinks that he is better than he is. Despite the pitch kissing, not sure what to make of his goal celebration, where AA evades his team mates on the pitch for the goal celebration. Good strike but I am wondering whether AA thinks he is too good for the club and his team mates ? I may well be wrong. If AA commits to the club, I guess it will disprove that. Just a feeling and opinion. Probably totally wrong. He will need to improve fitness. Reminds me of a similar type to player to Andy Reid though not so good, and not so injury prone. Happy about the victory though.
  • vff said:

Not sure about AA attitude wise RC. He has some talent, and I know footballers and skilled players have to a certain level of arrogance but it can be counterproductive. I wonder if he thinks that he is better than he is. Despite the pitch kissing, not sure what to make of his goal celebration, where AA evades his team mates on the pitch for the goal celebration. Good strike but I am wondering whether AA thinks he is too good for the club and his team mates ? I may well be wrong. If AA commits to the club, I guess it will disprove that. Just a feeling and opinion. Probably totally wrong. He will need to improve fitness. Reminds me of a similar type to player to Andy Reid though not so good, and not so injury prone. Happy about the victory though.

You make a pretty good point, but I'm (relatively) sure he's not the first player who has evaded his team mates to celebrate with the coaching staff. JJ with his free-kicks against Sheffield Utd/Wed in L1? It was more to do with the importance of the goal there.

Besides, he ran over to a team mate who was on the bench; Hughesy. Hughes being a player we know likes to "mentor" and encourage other players.
  • Sponsored links:

• vffvff
    edited April 2014
    LuckyReds said:

vff said:

You make a pretty good point, but I'm (relatively) sure he's not the first player who has evaded his team mates to celebrate with the coaching staff. JJ with his free-kicks against Sheffield Utd/Wed in L1? It was more to do with the importance of the goal there.

Besides, he ran over to a team mate who was on the bench; Hughesy. Hughes being a player we know likes to "mentor" and encourage other players.
    Sure thing. Hughesy is a great character and maybe has helped out AA with some advice. It would be great if Hughes can be supported to develop as a coach. Looks like he lives and breathes football and has got an excellent attitude.

The view of the goal from the Covered End camera gives the best view of it. AA has to run a long way to get to the home bench and evades his team mates looking to celebrate the goal, who looked a bit non plussed with it all. Not the cause but didn't help the team settle and Charlton conceeded a soft goal shortly after. It was an important goal for sure but the whole thing looked not right. Maybe I have got the wrong end of the stick, who knows.
  • Thurman hasn't got a Charlton future in every sense.

He was a shite keeper that we simply don't want to see again.

He (if) refused to travel to Leeds, he must be full of it and obviously has a false interpretation of himself where he thinks he doesn't have to bother to be a team player because his name is iliiun Thurman and should be the Real Madrid no.1 between the sticks.

I've heard If a club signs Thurman, they get a free Ian dowie "manage my club" coupon they can use at anytime.
  • vff said:

LuckyReds said:

vff said:

Sure thing. Hughesy is a great character and maybe has helped out AA with some advice. It would be great if Hughes can be supported to develop as a coach. Looks like he lives and breathes football and has got an excellent attitude.

The view of the goal from the Covered End camera gives the best view of it. AA has to run a long way to get to the home bench and evades his team mates looking to celebrate the goal, who looked a bit non plussed with it all. Not the cause but didn't help the team settle and Charlton conceeded a soft goal shortly after. It was an important goal for sure but the whole thing looked not right. Maybe I have got the wrong end of the stick, who knows.
    Because Hughes called him to score on twitter before the game
  • vff said:

LuckyReds said:

vff said:

No, they were shocked to see AA run so far and not collapse, needing oxygen...
  • DeeBee said:

vff said:

LuckyReds said:

vff said:

Not a great reason to avoid celebrating the goal with your team mates. Look at the Dervite goal celebration which is a proper team celebration.

(Charlton go onto score another 2 minutes later. Not blaming goal celebration for first yeovil goal which was all over the place defending but it didn't help).
  • Kap10 said:

vff said:

LuckyReds said:

vff said:

We really are looking for conspiracy theories.

No, not really, if anything I am trying to find an explanation for the strange behaviour other than AA thinks he is a maverick creative talent above the level of the rest of the team / club.
  • vff said:

DeeBee said:

vff said:

LuckyReds said:

vff said:

Not a great reason to avoid celebrating the goal with your team mates. Look at the Dervite goal celebration which is a proper team celebration.

(Charlton go onto score another 2 minutes later. Not blaming goal celebration for first yeovil goal which was all over the place defending but it didn't help).
    If you really think that giving Astrid a big hug or a whack on the back would have stopped us conceding, you really are reading far too much into it sorry to say. If they had a problem with it, it would have been sorted at half time at the latest I am sure. Something out of nothing!
  • So if the players don't celebrate as one after a goal is scored there has to be some sort of undercurrent of negativity affecting the team? Okaay..........
  • Sponsored links:

• If he stood alone and no one approached him I may get your point, but the lad was genuinely jubilant at the fact he'd scored and ran over to the bench to share the moment with some of his mates and the rest ran over to him.

Don't know if you've ever scored in a match before, but you just lose the plot for a second or two. Very much doubt there was any thought process to avoiding those on the pitch with him.
  • vffvff
    edited April 2014
    Yann897 said:

I can't believe a Charlton Fan?? Is even moaning about how a Charlton player is celebrating a Charlton goal !

It was an observation more than anything else. I have some doubts about attitude and future commitment. Happy that he scored.

Apologies to you and any members of the happy police in raising any questions, doubt or even a hint that the prevailing dogma / ideology of RD world is anything less than perfect.
  • vff said:

Yann897 said:

I can't believe a Charlton Fan?? Is even moaning about how a Charlton player is celebrating a Charlton goal !

It was an observation more than anything else. I have some doubts about attitude. Is that still allowed on the forum ?

Apologies to you and any members of the happy police in raising any questions, doubt or even a hint that the prevailing dogma / ideology of RD world is anything less than perfect.

The happy police!? Christ have a word mate.
  • Anyway, back on topic:

I gather Thuram has had a look on the map and is going to get on the coach for Brighton, just so he feels closer to home.
  • vffvff
    edited April 2014
    DeeBee said:

vff said:

Yann897 said:

It was an observation more than anything else. I have some doubts about attitude. Is that still allowed on the forum ?

The happy police!? Christ have a word mate.
    Have a word with yourself mate. Seems like some on here don't accept any even remotely small critical comment of the current goings on.
  • But why would you be critical over that though ? I thought he showed a lot of emotion after scoring a great goal ,
    Bet you had a mental break down after Jerome Thomas's goal vs west ham.
  • vffvff
    edited April 2014
    Yann897 said:

But why would you be critical over that though ? I thought he showed a lot of emotion after scoring a great goal ,

Huh ? I think you will need to put up a link of the goal before I'll be able to understand what you are talking about.

There's no s after the Thomas above BTW. An ' after the S is all that is needed.
  • So we moan that we don't score.
    Then when we do bloody score, we moan about the celebration?!

• vff said:

Yann897 said:

But why would you be critical over that though ? I thought he showed a lot of emotion after scoring a great goal ,

Huh ? I think you will need to put up a link of the goal before I'll be able to understand what you are talking about.

There's no s after the Thomas above BTW. An ' after the S is all that is needed.
    Wow didn't realise you could get more petulant but now you wanna be grammar police !