Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Season-ticket strike to bring the owner to the table

Comments

• @Airman Brown - will Addicted be answering both questions?

As an aside have the G21 had a follow up meeting?
  • @Airman Brown - will Addicted be answering both questions?

As an aside have the G21 had a follow up meeting?

Let's see, shall we?
  • My view is that we should consider asking supporters to withhold their season ticket renewals for the time being until we get some clarity about what is going on with our club.

Personally I have no confidence in any of the people running it, including the leadership team as well as the board, and season tickets are the one lever we can pull without being accused of damaging the team. It's just an idea and I'd welcome people's input.

How about defining what you mean by clarity.

Fair question. I think clarity will emerge over the next week in terms of what happens on the pitch as well what comes out of the boardroom. In the meantime, I hope to be able to give you a more substantive response in 48 hours time, once a few of us have put their heads together. That will be of more use than my view alone, because as NYA rightly points out I don't speak for everyone and I don't pretend to do so.
    Airman - still awaiting your response

• My view is that we should consider asking supporters to withhold their season ticket renewals for the time being until we get some clarity about what is going on with our club.

Personally I have no confidence in any of the people running it, including the leadership team as well as the board, and season tickets are the one lever we can pull without being accused of damaging the team. It's just an idea and I'd welcome people's input.

How about defining what you mean by clarity.

Fair question. I think clarity will emerge over the next week in terms of what happens on the pitch as well what comes out of the boardroom. In the meantime, I hope to be able to give you a more substantive response in 48 hours time, once a few of us have put their heads together. That will be of more use than my view alone, because as NYA rightly points out I don't speak for everyone and I don't pretend to do so.
    Airman - still awaiting your response

Sorry - ipad problems - please ignore!
  • Addickted can tell you the answer. He's had his instructions.

Not sure I understand what you're trying to say Airman.

Are you suggesting that I'm a 'stooge' for the Club?

• So, who's going ahead with this now then? Come on, own up.
  • edited May 2014
    Addickted said:

Addickted can tell you the answer. He's had his instructions.

well I was hoping we could deal with this privately but can you please tell us how you know that Airman - or anyone else for that matter - has renewed his season ticket? And what you would your defence, and that of the person at CAFC who supplied you with the information - be, under the Data Protection Act?

These petty tribal vendettas are tedious at the best of times, but this is bang out of order.

• The "issue" is in my previous post. Nothing more, nothing less. I hoped admin would deal with it, but they have families to look after. I am not sure what I would PM to you. I think you should be PM'ing Airman, it is his personal protection rights you appear to have infringed.

There are some boundaries that should not be crossed. This is only a football club, for heaven's sake.
  • Sponsored links:

• Just looking back over this thread and I'm sure some of the earlier posters would probably wish to eat their words. Some of the comments are laughable or misguided at best. Buy on the rumour, sell on the fact!
  • edited May 2014

The season is virtually over, Championship status has been retained, and things are evolving, hopefully in the right direction.

I'm not sure its too healthy or in anyone's best interests to keep digging up / revisiting previous issues and we certainly don't want a summer dominated by petty or private squabbles.

Would be very grateful if people would attempt to 'draw a line' for now, or if not take whatever issues they have to PMs or offline.

thank you.

• Depressing
  • edited May 2014
    mrbligh said:

I'm with AB, got to wait and see how this pans out.

Wouldn't want to put even £150 of my money into supporting liege B. (we all know i will though.)

this is all a bit class-less

I totally renewed my existing seat before the deadline, so did most of you, let's all chill out now and enjoy the summer
  • Sponsored links:

• What's a stooge ( serious question)

I think that the drip feeding from inside is getting more balanced now as atleast we are getting two views

Instead of one

I hope the forum is used to get things out not just pm it makes it an interesting place

• What's a stooge ( serious question)

It's what scottish people use to put a show on
  • Addickted said:

Addickted said:

Addickted can tell you the answer. He's had his instructions.

well I was hoping we could deal with this privately but can you please tell us how you know that Airman - or anyone else for that matter - has renewed his season ticket? And what you would your defence, and that of the person at CAFC who supplied you with the information - be, under the Data Protection Act?

These petty tribal vendettas are tedious at the best of times, but this is bang out of order.

I still haven't had an answer from the original G21 statement which spoke about fans 'across the generations', when none of the G21 were under the age of 40 - unless you include the Leeds fan present at the meeting.

How do you think you know this? You are wrong anyway because one of those there was at school with my son and is about the same age, my son is 20.

• shine166 said:

thenewbie said:

If you really think this will make a blind bit of difference to RD, you are naive at best I am afraid. If his plan is to fob off prospects/cast-offs from Liege to Charlton to keep them in circulation til he needs them, will low attendances bother him? The fuck they will.

It will make me feel better, Exeter are only 30 mins from me, il be watching them next season
    Er excuse me! what's wrong with Argyle?
    Exeter dirty northern b*stards! ;o)
  • It was a funny line to come out with it'smy when you consider the stuff that's been posted in the last few yrs