Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Season-ticket strike to bring the owner to the table

Comments

• Ive heard it all now.
    Dont buy STs, cos the bloke who has bought the club with millions of his own money doesnt match up to your perception of a football club owner.
    Lets all not go to any games ever again, watch RD close the club because of lack of interest and we can all start again as Charlton Reds (or something, Like Wimbledon) and then we can all disagree with the owners if we dont like what they are doing with their money.
    Great.
  • I think this is one of the few levers we have and if we got organised, I'd support it.
  • Wasnt planning on getting one anyway. Rather go Arsenal
  • Where was the season ticket boycott when Jiminez and Slater were in charge or is it because Powell gone .The club was in a worst state then then it is now.Just asking
  • All you people saying id rather go Exeter and arsenal ect I'm shocked and and feel sick your not real fans so we don't need you !
  • edited March 2014
    If you want protest do it through the CAST lets support the bloody club ffs
  • Agree with Airman 100%. My season ticket is on hold.
    I would love to know what Alex Dyer and Paul Hart think of
    these loanees that we have got from Standard Leige.
    Do they think that they are Championship standard
    and honestly good enough to be in the team.
    Be very interesting if Ben Hamer plays tomorrow!
  • Maybe Chrissy will tell us what he thinks soon enough!
  • Sponsored links:

• Maybe Chrissy will tell us what he thinks soon enough!
  • For everyone that feels the same way we need to all pull together to hit the owner where it hurts....

He is worth £400m so where exactly is that spot that will hurt him?
    Dont think because he has pots of money he wont notice a very low take up on season tickets,the man has made an investment and he will have to take notice of this. Dont think this is just about cp getting sacked,this is about where the club is heaing and many wont want to be part of this feeder club bollox.Charlton will always have to sell some players but we wont to be our own club run by someone who has our best interests at heart. Without this where do we go.
  • Yann897 said:

All you people saying id rather go Exeter and arsenal ect I'm shocked and and feel sick your not real fans so we don't need you !

You think people dont get annoyed and say stuff in the heat of the moment ? Personally I went to bed having picked my dummy up after the weekend, I wake up to CP sacked after being offered a new deal last week. In my short 30 years as a Charlton fan ive been through amazing highs and some pretty bad lows (just like most of us), yes I will be there to see more of those highs and lows ... but im just having my day of acting like a petulant child, which I kinda feel im more than entitled to.
  • Aside from needing to get behind the team, does anyone think the Belgian will give a toss if a few hundred/thousand stay away? Suspect like all these asset-stripping chairman, he won't be seen again.
  • Roland has his work cut out if he wants to persuade me to renew. So far he hasn't done too well. His Head of Academy has said that the best Charlton players can go to Liege, and Liege players who aren't good enough can come to Charlton. He appears to be applying this to his managers now. He has also said that Charlton fans must expect to sell a player now and then, upon which he sold 3 of our best players in the middle of a relegation scrap, and replaced them with rejects. So he has to convince me that the hard-earned dosh which I will be putting into supporting his club will not go towards Liege's assault on the Champion's League. Under TJ and MS I always renewed ASAP.
  • Most players are rejects from somewhere.....
  • I won't be renewing ST after 20 continuous years unless I become convinced over the rest of the season that I can buy into and support Charlton's role in Roland's multi-club project, which currently does not seem likely to me. I can see how it makes sense for him, but it just will not for a lot of Charlton fans.
  • Sponsored links:

• Have been a supporter since 1955 bought ist season ticket when we moved to palace, will still go but untill i feel
    this owner has charltons best interest , will go as and when suits me at no time have i had that feeling from
    this new o
  • I love Charlton. Always have and always will. Have been a fan/supporter for 53 of my 58 years, used to go with my late dad and now go with my youngest son, infected by the addick bug aged 8 and still infected 22 years later. Now I am living in Berkshire, my Saturdays and evening matches at the Valley are about much more than just the football. It is about honouring the history, seeing my old haunts and keeping in touch with both my sons, their partners and my grandkids.

I don't like what we have seen and heard of the RD approach so far; I hate the way CP has been treated; I hate the apparent interference in team affairs; I don't like the idea of us being a feeder club (if that's what he truly meant). But I don't think RD will be here for very long; the project will either fail or he will move on to other interests. Charlton will still be here when he is gone - probably still a basket case as it almost always has been in my lifetime, but still recognisably Charlton.

For all those reasons, although I am still reluctant to renew until we at least know what league we are going to be playing in and what RDs plans really are (backed up by actions because as sure as hell his words now have a hollow ring), I almost certainly will renew. I would love to bring RD into the open to explain his approach directly but I doubt that a season ticket strike will do that. Isn't most of our revenue from tv rights?
  • I will go, and I will obey the rules in the stadium, but I expect to be banned because I will be letting them know about every bad thing constantly and loudly.
    The only thing that will shut me up is win after win home and away, survival this season, and Jose Riga not being Rolands poodle, and him fighting for the autonomous good of Charlton Athletic on the football side.
  • It's hardly a protest if everyone is saying..."I won't buy a season ticket until deadline day and by then RD will have to tell us of his intentions..." is it?

All he's gonna do is wait until you all renew at the last minute and then call a 'behind closed doors,
    I love you all and want the best for you, your families, your poxy love affair with something called Charlton athletic' meeting, and fukk us all as we all really know is his whole purpose.

What a grumble and grunt the man is/seems/most likely is.
  • i will start a thread for a season ticket strike roll call, i think it is a good idea and we could potentially make a difference.
  • I doubt it would bother Roland Rat. What did he say to the Standard Liege disgruntled fans? My way or buy me out. Nuff said.
  • edited March 2014
    I'm in the wait and see what happens before I renew camp...at the moment.
  • We as a family go back to 1920. We currently hold 4 season tickets and between us we see most games. We had a meeting tonight and have decided to exit supporting Charlton. End of an era for us. We just feel our money could be better spent elsewhere.
    Won't be on here and we have decided to all go to the valley tomorrow as a farewell. It's just not our club anymore and we will now go to watch Bromley.
  • More rabble rousing bollocks.....you ought to be ashamed.
  • Off_it said:

Sadly i suspect a lot of opposing comment to Airman is based mainly on pre-conceived dislike of the individual rather than on the issues at hand.

Sorry Dan, but that comment is just plain wrong. Have a word with yourself.

If you think a fan - a proper fan - would base their support for the club or otherwise purely on a dislike for Airman Brown then you are so wide of the mark I find it hard to fathom.

You seem to be insinuating that anyone who might disagree is "sniping". Really?

It might not surprise you to know that I DO disagree with the notion of not renewing season tickets en masse - but not because Airman has suggested it.

Why then? Well, if the likes of me had taken that course of action when we left the Valley back in the day then this whole debate would be academic - there wouldn't be a club for any of us to support.

The club is bigger than any owner, manager or individual supporter - or website. The club WILL survive and continue, regardless of whether people like it or want to be a part of it. We all have a choice. Nobody is forcing anyone to do anything. If you don't like it then you are free to do whatever you think is right, as will the rest of us.

But either way I don't need people telling me I feel the way I do because of some petty personal issue. Disgraceful.
    I have to say I agree with this.