Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Season-ticket strike to bring the owner to the table

Comments

• What utter bollocks
  • Jints said:

I may start going to Dulwich Hamlet next season instead.

This is what I'll be doing. Absolutely gutted this morning.
  • Greg said:

Jints said:

I may start going to Dulwich Hamlet next season instead.

This is what I'll be doing. Absolutely gutted this morning.
    DH are only a 5 min walk, maybe we can start our own Charlton Exiles section !
  • 100% this
    cafckev said:

And we wonder why owners feel they can do whatever they want to clubs! Blind devotion regardless of what happens with such as comment like I support the club etc.

We all support the club, and no one has said that we dont, but watching the club fall lower and lower without anything being said or protested against is madness. Its a good job that we didnt say that when we left the Valley.

RD needs to know how we feel, and why we are unhappy. How will he know it if we all just sit there saying we are upset and angry but dont show it?

• Not had an ST this tear as have been travelling, but usually have one.
    Seriously f'd off by Powell's treatment and sacking but that wouldn't usually on its own stop me from renewing and going. As others have said we support the club and players n managers change.

HOWEVER.......if it turns out, as I fear, that we are simply going to have a yes man manager with a team mostly of RD franchise loans and signings then as far as I'm concerned it will no longer be Charlton as individuality is lost.
    I will be holding off from renewing until I hopefully have a clearer picture of what's gonna happen. Back in UK in few weeks and was looking forward to going to a game again but will have to decide whether I will bother now. Not happy.
  • Agree I will not renew but think my mind was made up
    Weeks ago as really don't want league 1 football again
  • My view is that we should consider asking supporters to withhold their season ticket renewals for the time being until we get some clarity about what is going on with our club.

Personally I have no confidence in any of the people running it, including the leadership team as well as the board, and season tickets are the one lever we can pull without being accused of damaging the team. It's just an idea and I'd welcome people's input.

If you want to practice what you preach, then good luck
  • Burn his house down ... that'll bring him to table ...
  • Sponsored links:

• If I wasn't a 5 yr holder, I would join in. But that's because I support Charlton and Charlton no longer exists for me.

If charlton no longer exist then stop posting on a charlton site.
    let's keep this in perspective

• DRFDRF
    edited March 2014

My view is that we should consider asking supporters to withhold their season ticket renewals for the time being until we get some clarity about what is going on with our club.

Personally I have no confidence in any of the people running it, including the leadership team as well as the board, and season tickets are the one lever we can pull without being accused of damaging the team. It's just an idea and I'd welcome people's input.

I'm afraid you don't speak for all fans AB, and indeed I'd say there was far more clarity now regarding the club than there was during the whole of the TJ/MS era. Whether or not you like that clarity is another matter.
    I've never claimed that I do. However, I do know that there is deep concern about what's going on and I believe that the club is going to be damaged by it. I'm not going to sit and watch that happen without trying to influence it, but this is an idea and if others have better ones then bring them on.
    Selling two out-of-contract players for a fee and bringing in a half-dozen players (most unproven admittedly) doesn't seem to warrant 'deep concern' even others might have preferred the new owner to have done things differently.
    Let's see what else comes out. Destroying the manager before an FA Cup quarter-final might rate more than a raised eyebrow.

My point is, get the facts. Many of us have known that CP was deeply unhappy with Duchatelet, as we know that the people running the club - Bradshaw, Kensell and Joyes - are dangerously out of their depth. If we are going to be run as a League One feeder club with Belgian management subordinated to Standard Liege then I'm out and so will a lot of other people be.
    The problem is what sort of clarification you hope to get. They can make all the positive statements in the world but many wont be convinced. Or he can say something like Charlton are my feeder club for my champions league team. And many will accept that anyway. Would you really leave just because our situation is this - even that wont last forever.

What do you want him to say to give you this clarity?
  • This is a great idea. People need to get the actioned. We need to stand firm. Before this Roland muppet sells our club off to Hyde housing or someone. He is a dangerous man.
  • MSE7 said:

This is a great idea. People need to get the actioned. We need to stand firm. Before this Roland muppet sells our club off to Hyde housing or someone. He is a dangerous man.

To be fair, making the club financially unviable is probably more likely to see him cash in on our assets.
  • We saw how the club reacted with the uproar over the crossbar tickets. As soon as they saw the protests, they came out and explained (and changed) the plans. OK, we are not going to get SCP back, but hopefully we will get some answers. If everybody just shrugs their shoulders and says we will support Charlton no matter what, we will become another soulless club, paying high prices for season tickets full of loan players who we have never heard of who are not playing for Charlton but for a contract at another club!
  • As said in another thread we have lost the Charlton I have supported for 50+ years, my son & I will not be renewing.
  • My view is that we should consider asking supporters to withhold their season ticket renewals for the time being until we get some clarity about what is going on with our club.

How can this be actioned?
  • With you Airman, my purchase is on hold.
  • I will be hanging on anyway before renewing our season tickets not just out of protest but because I want to understand what is happening at my club and will decide before I buy. I love Charlton Athletic Football Club and always will but I am concerned what the immediate future holds. I want to keep going and keep my close affinity with my club but it has to be a two way thing
  • Sponsored links:

• I'm with AB, got to wait and see how this pans out.

Wouldn't want to put even £150 of my money into supporting liege B. (we all know i will though.)

this is all a bit class-less
  • How can you get excited about a team when you know that if they play too well, they will be sold...

It's a very very soulless way to watch football. I can't support anyone else but I don't know if I can keep going to Charlton as it is.
  • It is now that the Trust needs to prove its worth. We need a co-ordinated plan.
  • I feel royally pissed off and I'm certainly in no mood to renew right now. RD's going to have to do something to convince me that we're not going to be SL's feeder club or, after 47 years support, I'll be off.
  • edited March 2014

If we are going to be run as a League One feeder club with Belgian management subordinated to Standard Liege then I'm out and so will a lot of other people be.

I don't post here very often, and I don't always agree with AB, but I'm very concerned that this is what may happen.

I also agree that we need to know what is going on with the club and what the long term plan is. If it's not to grow Charlton Athletic in its own right, then there is no Charlton Athletic - it'll be Standard Liege reserves.

Pausing and taking stock makes sense now. Fans not renewing season tickets will send a message to the owner. It won't necessarily hurt him financially, and he may not care.
  • edited March 2014
    I will always be a Charlton fan, butt I must admit this morning's news will make me delay re-newing until at least close to the April 9th cut-off date. Hopefully by then we will know a bit more, manager, players, league position, outcome.
  • Non-starter. I am Charlton through and through - love CP, but now he has gone, think RD deserves a chance to try things his way, but he will be gone in time as well, Charlton will always remain and I will always go.
  • But why AB? Will Roland set out his five-year plan? No. Will he be more than honest? No. Will he explain the details around sacking SCP? No. It won't get us anywhere IMO. Yes, let's show our annoyance, anger, dejection, etc, but the club will still remain, even if he sold to someone else and pissed off quickly.
  • Granpa said:

Sorry to spoil your party, if Chris has gone I now feel much more confident about the future. I will now be renewing, and spending all my energy in backing the team. Roland has bought a Club lying one step away from the most famous league in the World, he is a very clever businessman so of course he is going to do his best to ruin us isn't he ?

Hmmm... I always agree with what Airman says... I never 'like' granpa posts... But who would win in a....

Who am I kidding. ST will not be renewed any time soon.