Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Season-ticket strike to bring the owner to the table

My view is that we should consider asking supporters to withhold their season ticket renewals for the time being until we get some clarity about what is going on with our club.

Personally I have no confidence in any of the people running it, including the leadership team as well as the board, and season tickets are the one lever we can pull without being accused of damaging the team. It's just an idea and I'd welcome people's input.

Comments

• I agree, what reason do we have to renew other than blind loyalty and love for our club.

• Agreed
  • yep i have 4 seasons now on hold.....sad day.
  • Agreed. My application and that of my son both on hold.
  • If I wasn't a 5 yr holder, I would join in. But that's because I support Charlton and Charlton no longer exists for me.
  • The owner is a multi-millionaire - he won't even notice the protest.
  • vffvff
    edited March 2014
    It was on a thread on Into the Valley where Lazio supporters protested at an owners lack of investment by staying away for a game. It looked impressive. Duchatelet only appeared to invest at Liege after large protests from Liege supporters.

I have already decided not to renew until I see evidence in the Summer to see that Duchatelet is going to run Charlton as a serious football club. That was not dependent on the Coach that RD had decided to pick for the club. It was clear to me that CP was not going to prosper under RD and his time was limited. RD should have had the decency to do this in January.

The timings of all Duchatelet’s strategic decisions are very poor so far.
  • Just fecking bought mine on Saturday cos of the low price. Want my money back.
  • I'm going to hold on as i have no desire to watch Standard's 2nd 3rd or 4th team.
  • I didnt think I would ever contemplate not renewing, had once since 85/86, now have 3 with my two children.

Have probably enjoyed about 2 years in the last 10 in all honesty.

Will be a test this year, especially as I can pretty much guarantee no one will want my seats in Block E of the East
  • Sponsored links:

• Sorry to spoil your party, if Chris has gone I now feel much more confident about the future. I will now be renewing, and spending all my energy in backing the team. Roland has bought a Club lying one step away from the most famous league in the World, he is a very clever businessman so of course he is going to do his best to ruin us isn't he ?
  • The prices are frozen until the 9th of April I believe, certainly no reason to buy before then if you are dissatisfied with the current situation.
  • Already decided Not to renew Season Ticket after following Charlton since 1950s(not all the time with S.T). I do not know of any other club where the owner has six other clubs,expect ours.Its obvious he has no interest in any one club. Good Luck Chris,you deserve better.
  • Not a s/t holder because I live 450 miles away, but certainly not attending anymore games this season. Agree with SA- didn't take Roly Poly long to rip the heart out of our club.
  • I may start going to Dulwich Hamlet next season instead.
  • Not a s/t holder because I live 450 miles away, but certainly not attending anymore games this season. Agree with SA- didn't take Roly Poly long to rip the heart out of our club.
  • My view is that we should consider asking supporters to withhold their season ticket renewals for the time being until we get some clarity about what is going on with our club.

Personally I have no confidence in any of the people running it, including the leadership team as well as the board, and season tickets are the one lever we can pull without being accused of damaging the team. It's just an idea and I'd welcome people's input.

I'm afraid you don't speak for all fans AB, and indeed I'd say there was far more clarity now regarding the club than there was during the whole of the TJ/MS era. Whether or not you like that clarity is another matter.
  • If only we had threads like this and the Murray one about seven years ago!!!

We're so meek/forgiving as CAFC fans, and that is capitalised upon time and time again. Especially by the likes of Richard Murray.
  • Sponsored links:

• No brainer.

And to think only 10 years ago we were the club that most other clubs aspired to. Sad, sad day in the history of Charlton.
  • Sorry i don't agree. We support the club , managers and players come and go if we stop backing the club the downward spiral will continue. We still have a slim chance of escaping the drop a fans backlash will be the final nail in the coffin
  • If you really think this will make a blind bit of difference to RD, you are naive at best I am afraid. If his plan is to fob off prospects/cast-offs from Liege to Charlton to keep them in circulation til he needs them, will low attendances bother him? The fuck they will.

• My view is that we should consider asking supporters to withhold their season ticket renewals for the time being until we get some clarity about what is going on with our club.

I'm afraid you don't speak for all fans AB, and indeed I'd say there was far more clarity now regarding the club than there was during the whole of the TJ/MS era. Whether or not you like that clarity is another matter.
    I've never claimed that I do. However, I do know that there is deep concern about what's going on and I believe that the club is going to be damaged by it. I'm not going to sit and watch that happen without trying to influence it, but this is an idea and if others have better ones then bring them on.
    Selling two out-of-contract players for a fee and bringing in a half-dozen players (most unproven admittedly) doesn't seem to warrant 'deep concern' even others might have preferred the new owner to have done things differently.
  • shine166 said:

Good idea. Let's all stop going, that will help the team stay up..

Id rather we go down with Roland knowing the fans think he is a toss pot, than continue to put money back in his pockets
    We'll i think others would rather we stay up instead of making trips to Burton and Fleetwood next year, and right now somethings has had to be changed.
  • thenewbie said:

If you really think this will make a blind bit of difference to RD, you are naive at best I am afraid. If his plan is to fob off prospects/cast-offs from Liege to Charlton to keep them in circulation til he needs them, will low attendances bother him? The fuck they will.

It will make me feel better, Exeter are only 30 mins from me, il be watching them next season