Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Season-ticket strike to bring the owner to the table

Comments

• What I was suggesting 11 months ago was that people withheld their renewal to put pressure on the club until such time as we got some clarity. This idea was overtaken by the discussions that went on subsequently and led to the G21 statement, something drawn up in close discussion with members of the trust board despite the fact that it backed off from supporting it as an organisation in the end.

Nearly a year on I think we have that clarity. A season ticket strike (not a boycott) is a possible tactic, but realistically sales are likely to collapse regardless of any protest. I think we need to take more immediate steps, but also that we need to work together.

There is though, I suggest, a bit too much despondency. If we could get back to The Valley we can do anything, given time. Have a little more faith in what we are.

Agree completely with this. I won't be renewing my or my son's season ticket for next season unless and until I see some positive moves to improve the top to bottom management of the club and real investment in the playing side - which means actual noteworthy transfers and not just empty promises, vague statements and excuses.

Going to Charlton for me, though, is about much more than the football. It is where I grew up, It is where I spend time with one son, and near where I visit my other son and grandkids. I'll never give it up completely, but I will pick and choose my matches more from now on unless something changes for the better.

I would love to know what the "immediate steps" are that @Airman Brown envisages, what kind of organised action we could take and how that might best be done. I sense a role for the Trust here - it's time has come, I suggest.

• Don't get some of this to be honest. Respect you all, and fully understand that people are prepared to walk away from their Charlton habit.

But I couldn't just rock up regularly at another club, regardless of the level.

I agree AFKA, for me it just wouldn't feel right at any other club at all after everything.

But this definitely doesn't feel right either, heartbreaking, like you say. I've no intention of going the way things are.

Gonna miss football for a while!

• edited February 2015
    I won't be renewing....

in my current seat at least. I have sat in the same central East Stand seat since it opened and had a season for about ten years before that also.

However @ £440, when elsehwhere in the ground it is much cheaper (shit looks the same from most angles) I have been forced to re-evaluate.

With 3 children 5 and under, I'm needed at home (only going to get worse with parties etc) and have only seen about 5 matches so it's been a total waste.

Apart from that it's been so bad over the past 8 years that (apart from having a beer with my mates) I can hardly be bothered.
  • Having just moved to North Devon I was not sure however after Bideford lost 0 - 6 at home to Poole i'll probably stick with Charlton! :neutral:
  • I have stopped buying any food, drink and programmes at the Valley and will not go in the club shop again whilst Duchatelet remains at the club.

I only renewed this season because my brother renewed. That's not happening next season. So, I will not renew either.

I really like watching football. I hope to continue watching football at a few other stadiums with my brother. I will come back to Charlton and renew a season ticket when Duchatelet departs the club. I just hope there something to come back to.
  • vffvff
    edited February 2015
    The Duchatelet network experiment was one which was never going to work.

I have tried to give it a chance. The evidence has stacked up that Duchatelet hubris, rubbish stategy and ill judged footballing decisions is only sending the club in one direction. The football decisions are so inept it is almost as is if he is deliberate in trying to undermine the team and alienate long standing support and halve the support base for the club.

Duchatelet made lots of money from selling a good product that the market wanted. No one wants the Duchatelet Charlton network product and it is not producing profit or good football or strengthening the Charlton community. The community of Charlton supporters is being destroyed. I am pretty sure that he would not persist in selling rubbish electronic componets. I have no idea why he still pursuing this disastrously ill judged project.

Duchatelet needs to sell up for his own and Charlton Athletic's sake.
  • Will someone please tell this twat to fuck off....because I will and that's not good for my current health situation!! anyone got his email address...I'm more than happy to contact him by by phone, email...personal visit.
  • Sponsored links:

• I emailed Katrien! Made it clear how I felt
  • vffvff
    edited February 2015
  • I've made the decision that I won't be buying season tickets for me or my sons next season either.
  • I have emailed her too
  • I've made the decision that I won't be buying season tickets for me or my sons next season either.

That's what I told her in my email! Its not just the legacy, and the current, but the future generations they are pushing away

• vff said:

Sounds petty I know but I haven't been eating food at the Valley and will stop buying drinks. No ST renewal for me or my brother I suspect. I know Roland won't give a monkeys. Might try Welling.

I think @ValleyMick that you need to go to Welling, Park View Rd at least once before committing to a season there.
    Good idea.
  • Nug said:

Been thinking for a while we might not renew our 3. Feel no affinity to the people around the club at the moment, missed quite a few this season too. Will pick and choose, take my son to Dartford, Ebbsfleet maybe a few other teams.

We've been to the junior addicts Xmas party for the last few years and it was definitely different this year with regards to the players attitudes to the kids. Not saying they were rude or anything just a bit flat like they would rather be somewhere else. Of course I know they all feel like that but Morrison, Green, Hughes, Wagstaff, Hamer et al were brilliant in the past. I know the quality needed to improve but we've not brought in players that want to be here, and it shows on the pitch. Sadly I don't see that changing under Roly.

To be fair to them more of the players are young and in a foreign country.

This was my first year and I thought most of the players were very good with my son. Some were better than others but, to be honest, I was most disappointed with Jackson and Solly - they seemed to be in a conversation and gave the impression that the children were disturbing them. Laurie Wilson was, increadibly, chatty with my son and all the kids that were close to us.
  • The amount of people saying they are boycotting is unreal. It's sad as well but I don't blame anyone. Why force yourself to pay if you don't enjoy.

I can only make 3 more games this season but I'm thinking of missing them bar Millwall away. Even that though I don't really feel up for.

• Nug said:

Been thinking for a while we might not renew our 3. Feel no affinity to the people around the club at the moment, missed quite a few this season too. Will pick and choose, take my son to Dartford, Ebbsfleet maybe a few other teams.

We've been to the junior addicts Xmas party for the last few years and it was definitely different this year with regards to the players attitudes to the kids. Not saying they were rude or anything just a bit flat like they would rather be somewhere else. Of course I know they all feel like that but Morrison, Green, Hughes, Wagstaff, Hamer et al were brilliant in the past. I know the quality needed to improve but we've not brought in players that want to be here, and it shows on the pitch. Sadly I don't see that changing under Roly.

To be fair to them more of the players are young and in a foreign country.

This was my first year and I thought most of the players were very good with my son. Some were better than others but, to be honest, I was most disappointed with Jackson and Solly - they seemed to be in a conversation and gave the impression that the children were disturbing them. Laurie Wilson was, increadibly, chatty with my son and all the kids that were close to us.
    Jacko turned up an hour late to the two hour event !
  • Already wasn't renewing when this clown bought us, my 5 year ST before that was more than enough of an investment. He'll be lucky to get another penny from me
  • Sponsored links:

• We should ask the magic conch shell what we should do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lu5SJcNp0J0
  • Won't be renewing mine unless he either goes or changes this whole system of player recruitment .
  • As much as I am unhappy with the current regime, too early for this sort of stuff. Still a lot of football to be played.

Let's see how things go over the coming month

We've hardly played any decent football all season. We're on a downward spiral and I can't see a way out. We needed an experienced manager and championship hardened players. The fans see it, the media see it. The only person who doesn't see it is Two Chalets. I'm usually a positive person when it comes to Charlton. But this last month has left me feeling disillusioned. I support this team but not the regime.
  • Davo55 said:

What I was suggesting 11 months ago was that people withheld their renewal to put pressure on the club until such time as we got some clarity. This idea was overtaken by the discussions that went on subsequently and led to the G21 statement, something drawn up in close discussion with members of the trust board despite the fact that it backed off from supporting it as an organisation in the end.

Nearly a year on I think we have that clarity. A season ticket strike (not a boycott) is a possible tactic, but realistically sales are likely to collapse regardless of any protest. I think we need to take more immediate steps, but also that we need to work together.

There is though, I suggest, a bit too much despondency. If we could get back to The Valley we can do anything, given time. Have a little more faith in what we are.

Agree completely with this. I won't be renewing my or my son's season ticket for next season unless and until I see some positive moves to improve the top to bottom management of the club and real investment in the playing side - which means actual noteworthy transfers and not just empty promises, vague statements and excuses.

Going to Charlton for me, though, is about much more than the football. It is where I grew up, It is where I spend time with one son, and near where I visit my other son and grandkids. I'll never give it up completely, but I will pick and choose my matches more from now on unless something changes for the better.

I would love to know what the "immediate steps" are that @Airman Brown envisages, what kind of organised action we could take and how that might best be done. I sense a role for the Trust here - it's time has come, I suggest.

As AFKA says, it's heart breaking to read all these posts. Boycotting is not for me. End of. Might as well cut off my right hand ( OK, maybe the left-right is for holding my wine glass...)

Seriously, the only positive I've taken on here tonight are AB's words. I'll admit that we don't always see eye to eye but if there's going to be a fight ( for all the right reasons) then I want to be in his corner. We did what we could to help with the Valley Party all those years ago but now, with the name of our Club even more deeply engraved on our hearts, the Fanackapans will do our utmost to support any campaign he initiates. Might sound a bit gung ho but we ALL know what happened when AB & co girded their loins before .....

I too await with bated breath to hear more of those "immediate steps" he mentions , Davo.

Let's keep the faith a bit longer, guys & see how this pans out.

Out of interest @Fanny Fanackapan what would be the moment that you say "I've seen enough, time for drastic action" ?
  • I will not be emailing Katrien simply for the reason that it will be ignored. Get me Roland's number, he is the only one making decisions, and I will politely attempt to teach him things that he is obviously unaware of like the power of communication. He is heading for a maximum crowd next season of 12K if he's lucky, he will be forced to revise downwards his income forecast. The only way to hurt this man is to take his money away. Soon West Ham will appear on our doorstep, and if doesn't realise that they will target despairing Charlton supporters plus of course thousands of kids growing up who have not as yet declared their allegiance, he is a bigger fool than I first thought. As they say there is no fool like an old fool, yes you can include me.
  • Granpa said:

I will not be emailing Katrien simply for the reason that it will be ignored. Get me Roland's number, he is the only one making decisions, and I will politely attempt to teach him things that he is obviously unaware of like the power of communication.

If you can't track him down at Staprix NV head office (Transportstraat, Tessenderlo, Limburg, 3980 Belgium) then try Epiq NV or Elex NV - he's Chairman at all 3 and must have a PA knocking about who will get your message to him.

Google can help you get the numbers.
  • Could I please suggest that all those genuinely not renewing send KM an email...

Katrien.meire@cafc.co.uk

In a polite way I suggest you Let her know how long you have been going, what CAFC means to you and why you are not renewing. The CEO simply has to be made aware even if she chooses to ignore correspondence with her customers.

Admin- I hope you do not mind me posting her email, it is simple enough to find via Google so I don't think that I am breaking any confidences by posting it, just making it easier for people.

http://www.votvonline.com/app/download/17757051/RFI+07451+-+attachment.pdf

I emailed Katrien, she sent me some flowers........
  • Greenie said:

Could I please suggest that all those genuinely not renewing send KM an email...

Katrien.meire@cafc.co.uk

In a polite way I suggest you Let her know how long you have been going, what CAFC means to you and why you are not renewing. The CEO simply has to be made aware even if she chooses to ignore correspondence with her customers.

Admin- I hope you do not mind me posting her email, it is simple enough to find via Google so I don't think that I am breaking any confidences by posting it, just making it easier for people.

http://www.votvonline.com/app/download/17757051/RFI+07451+-+attachment.pdf

I emailed Katrien, she sent me some flowers........
    Some of these?