Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Season-ticket strike to bring the owner to the table

Comments

• I will not be renewing my season ticket (Lower West dearest section) unless something drastic happens
    before the end of February. What I cannot understand is Duchalet has had problems at Standard Liege,
    he must be sensing the unrest at Charlton, so why put up with this unnecessary aggravation.
    If he has any sense of decency the best thing he can do is to sell up as soon as possible,
    before he rips the heart completely out of our wonderful club.
    Have been following Charlton since my school days. Surely someone like Richard Murray
    can see what is going on. Would love to see a British business man or infact anyone
    with knowledge of English football to take over sooner rather than later!
  • As much as I don't like what's happening at the moment I will always renew I know I will
  • edited February 2015
    I'll be around longer than these clowns.

I'm renewing, reluctantly.

But fair play to those that have stronger principles than me!
  • Just emailed Katrien. Looking forward to her response.
  • Uboat said:

Just emailed Katrien. Looking forward to her response.

I emailed her at 11am still not heard back perhaps she's out trying to sign messi
  • I think that it is important for the Trust not think that it is the only avenue for opposition. Ideas from others and a broad banner of opposition to Duchatelet is what's needed. It doesn't matter who comes up with the bright, funny or creative ideas. The main thing is to be inclusive and that cuts both ways. Charlton supporters should be uniting around wanting a Charlton owner, who will run the club competently, invest in the future in a way that will bring the club forward.
  • Sponsored links:

• Don't get some of this to be honest. Respect you all, and fully understand that people are prepared to walk away from their Charlton habit.

But I couldn't just rock up regularly at another club, regardless of the level.

This is the thing... What if by paying your money at another club you help that side rise above Charlton in the Leagues?
  • I would never watch anyone else, rarely bother with games on TV, just don't feel inclined to give any more of money to RD next season.
  • This is the situation the trust should be all over and looking to act on. There is enough above to quote people and highlight to the club the danger to ST sales next year.

• MrLargo said:

Don't get some of this to be honest. Respect you all, and fully understand that people are prepared to walk away from their Charlton habit.

This is the thing... What if by paying your money at another club you help that side rise above Charlton in the Leagues?
    Whilst I certainly won't be going to watch anyone else myself, if Dulwich Hamlet or Ebbsfleet ever overtake Charlton in the league that will only be as a consequence of yet more spectacular mismanagement by you know who, not as a result of them being able to bankroll themselves up the league with the extra £200 a season from a couple of Charlton supporters.
    Even if Charlton were a stable; Championship / Premier League side?
  • Could I please suggest that all those genuinely not renewing send KM an email...

Katrien.meire@cafc.co.uk

In a polite way I suggest you Let her know how long you have been going, what CAFC means to you and why you are not renewing. The CEO simply has to be made aware even if she chooses to ignore correspondence with her customers.

Admin- I hope you do not mind me posting her email, it is simple enough to find via Google so I don't think that I am breaking any confidences by posting it, just making it easier for people.

http://www.votvonline.com/app/download/17757051/RFI+07451+-+attachment.pdf

Please also copy in chair@castrust.org if you want the Supporters Trust to be in the loop which may prove useful.
  • Unfortunately action will speak much louder than words with this mob and the only way is to hit these people in the pocket.

The show is clearly run by Rolly Polly, with tweedle dum & tweedle dee in charge at SE7. Nothing we say will make any difference with these people at the helm, they only deal in propaganda and half truths.

Perhaps a start would be to boycott facilities such as programmes, food, club shop etc. I know most of this is franchised out but an early warning before a full season ticket boycott would send a clear message.

It does need proper organisation, something the trust could perhaps step up to the plate on.
  • Watch this space @Hartleypete
  • MrLargo said:

Don't get some of this to be honest. Respect you all, and fully understand that people are prepared to walk away from their Charlton habit.

Whilst I certainly won't be going to watch anyone else myself, if Dulwich Hamlet or Ebbsfleet ever overtake Charlton in the league that will only be as a consequence of yet more spectacular mismanagement by you know who, not as a result of them being able to bankroll themselves up the league with the extra £200 a season from a couple of Charlton supporters.
    Even if Charlton were a stable; Championship / Premier League side?
    Well this is a thoroughly ridiculous conversation. Firstly, if Charlton were a stable Championship/Premier League side then it's unlikely that supporters would be deserting the club in their droves, talking about season ticket boycotts and considering the possibility of going to watch the odd game at their local non-league side because it's too painfully depressing to go and watch Charlton anymore.

Secondly, I presume by asking "even if Charlton were a stable Champ/Prem side?", you mean if Ebbsfleet or Dulwich happened to overtake Charlton whilst Charlton were in the Championship or Premier League. Admittedly I'm not a finance expert, but I really think it will take quite a lot more than a small handful of Charlton fans deciding to take in some non-league football to enable Dulwich or Ebbsfleet to make it to League 2, let alone the Premier League.

Thirdly, I just want to reiterate that this is an utterly ridiculous discussion. We have got more than enough to worry about at the moment without concerning ourselves about the impending surge up the table of a couple of clubs in the 6th and 7th tiers of the football pyramid.
  • RedPanda said:

I plan to keep up my volunteering with animals on Saturdays, then aim for a few away games and Tuesdays.

You've been going to The Den?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 2015
    The fact that it's franchised may actually have more weight. It means the contractors would be getting on the clubs case as nobody is buying all the food and drink they are preparing. They aren't going to want to continue with a contract that has no value. They couldn't change contractors either because nobody is going to come and tout their wares knowing that people are boycotting the catering.

The downside of course is that it would be affecting a business other than CAFC and I'm not sure that's fair. But, if it's for the good of the club, I wouldn't rule it out.
  • Been a S/T holder since 1988 but for the first time i'm considering delaying buying until the latter part of the Summer instead of "bang" paying in April when it's cheaper. waiting to see what happens with the owners, players in & out first. I'll always go regardless of what division we are in but at this moment a tad disillusioned with the whole situation!
  • chappers said:

Been a S/T holder since 1988 but for the first time i'm considering delaying buying until the latter part of the Summer instead of "bang" paying in April when it's cheaper. waiting to see what happens with the owners, players in & out first. I'll always go regardless of what division we are in but at this moment a tad disillusioned with the whole situation!

That's a good idea, as they probably wouldn't be able to raise the prices if few people have renewed when the new season tickets go on sale. I think there would be very little to lose by waiting.
  • The fact that it's franchised may actually have more weight. It means the contractors would be getting on the clubs case as nobody is buying all the food and drink they are preparing. They aren't going to want to continue with a contract that has no value. They couldn't change contractors either because nobody is going to come and tout their wares knowing that people are boycotting the catering.

The downside of course is that it would be affecting a business other than CAFC and I'm not sure that's fair. But, if it's for the good of the club, I wouldn't rule it out.

Good point, hadn't thought of it like that. Regarding adversely affecting the catering business - they suffer in the short term as the result of a supporter boycott, or they suffer in the long-term when we're in League 1 next season and there's hardly anyone in the stadium to buy anything, what's the difference?
  • chappers said:

Been a S/T holder since 1988 but for the first time i'm considering delaying buying until the latter part of the Summer instead of "bang" paying in April when it's cheaper. waiting to see what happens with the owners, players in & out first. I'll always go regardless of what division we are in but at this moment a tad disillusioned with the whole situation!

That's a good idea, as they probably wouldn't be able to raise the prices if few people have renewed when the new season tickets go on sale. I think there would be very little to lose by waiting.
    thanks ME14
  • any boycott of food would have to be followed up with publicity and a letter to the company explaining the situation.
  • edited February 2015
    I wouldn't put it past RD to just close the catering altogether if a boycott was successful. It's something else to consider. The guy is used to getting his way, who knows what he would do in order to try to get that.
  • RedPanda said:

I plan to keep up my volunteering with animals on Saturdays, then aim for a few away games and Tuesdays.

You've been going to The Den?
    This should have been my first "flag" on the basis it's being unkind to animals !
  • One of the unfortunate side effects of supporting a club is that heart strings often get entwined with purse strings.

• I wouldn't put it past RD to just close the catering altogether if a boycott was successful. It's something else to consider. The guy is used to getting his way, who knows what he would do in order to try to get that.

I'm thinking along the same lines.
    How do you hit a multi-millionaire in the pocket.
    If a % of people stop buying programmes, he could just reduce the print run and number of selling points.
    The same with food. If only a certain amount are buying from the outlets, then only open certain ones and reduce the amount available.