Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Season-ticket strike to bring the owner to the table

Comments

• Unless we turn our season around, I don't think I'll be renewing next season. Will pick and choose my games
  • I'm aiming to become the Godalming FC Raider next year
  • I'm gonna give the fleet a bit of my money I think they do a thing where under 11s go free so I can take the boy and save him from this shit
  • I would be happy to boycott my S/T - but only if it was part of some sort of coordinated protest. Individuals refusing to renew will have some impact - but won't really trigger any sort of reaction unless it was a mass boycott. Not sure how it could be coordinated - but, if say 50% of the 10,000 S/T holders rebelled they might start to take some notice. And what would the desired outcome be? The only thing we would all want is a new owner - who would understand the history, culture, the badge and the fans.... where would they come from? Who would find someone? And, importantly, would Duchatelet actually want his 'experiment' to appear to fail? Would he sell or would we disappear...no easy answers.
  • Had a season ticket since 1996, not going to renew unless something dramatically changes! I cannot accept how this club is being run! And short of me standing outside the back of the west stand shouting my discontent this the only message we can send
  • cafc-west said:

I would be happy to boycott my S/T - but only if it was part of some sort of coordinated protest. Individuals refusing to renew will have some impact - but won't really trigger any sort of reaction unless it was a mass boycott. Not sure how it could be coordinated - but, if say 50% of the 10,000 S/T holders rebelled they might start to take some notice. And what would the desired outcome be? The only thing we would all want is a new owner - who would understand the history, culture, the badge and the fans.... where would they come from? Who would find someone? And, importantly, would Duchatelet actually want his 'experiment' to appear to fail? Would he sell or would we disappear...no easy answers.

There's a simple answer, Poland does what if wants and we accept it
  • dancafc said:

I'm gonna give the fleet a bit of my money I think they do a thing where under 11s go free so I can take the boy and save him from this shit

Been to a few games recently as I live within walking distance of the ground. Definitely a club going places
  • Sponsored links:

• Easy way to get the message out - when the s/t renewal forms arrive - everyone send them back with 'not renewing till Duchalet goes' or some co-ordinated phrase. Surely the office staff will have to report to KM or whoever the reasons for people not renewing.
  • dancafc said:

I'm gonna give the fleet a bit of my money I think they do a thing where under 11s go free so I can take the boy and save him from this shit

Been to a few games recently as I live within walking distance of the ground. Definitely a club going places
    Am I right about under 11s?
  • cafc-west said:

I would be happy to boycott my S/T - but only if it was part of some sort of coordinated protest. Individuals refusing to renew will have some impact - but won't really trigger any sort of reaction unless it was a mass boycott. Not sure how it could be coordinated - but, if say 50% of the 10,000 S/T holders rebelled they might start to take some notice. And what would the desired outcome be? The only thing we would all want is a new owner - who would understand the history, culture, the badge and the fans.... where would they come from? Who would find someone? And, importantly, would Duchatelet actually want his 'experiment' to appear to fail? Would he sell or would we disappear...no easy answers.

Don't think we've got 10,000 season ticket holders anymore, the club was pretty coy about the numbers last summer. Regardless of any organised action, just looking on here tells you that there's plenty of people who won't be renewing.

As for the desired outcome - put the club up for sale, that's what I want. Whether a protest/boycott would have any effect or not is irrelevant, he needs to see our contempt for his regime.
  • Been thinking for a while we might not renew our 3. Feel no affinity to the people around the club at the moment, missed quite a few this season too. Will pick and choose, take my son to Dartford, Ebbsfleet maybe a few other teams.

We've been to the junior addicts Xmas party for the last few years and it was definitely different this year with regards to the players attitudes to the kids. Not saying they were rude or anything just a bit flat like they would rather be somewhere else. Of course I know they all feel like that but Morrison, Green, Hughes, Wagstaff, Hamer et al were brilliant in the past. I know the quality needed to improve but we've not brought in players that want to be here, and it shows on the pitch. Sadly I don't see that changing under Roly.
  • Sounds petty I know but I haven't been eating food at the Valley and will stop buying drinks. No ST renewal for me or my brother I suspect. I know Roland won't give a monkeys. Might try Welling.

I think @ValleyMick that you need to go to Welling, Park View Rd at least once before committing to a season there.
  • I said just after Bob was sacked that if Luzon gets the job that's it for me and I wont be renewing. I haven't changed my mind.
  • dancafc said:

dancafc said:

Yes. Under 11's go free with a paying adult.
  • dancafc said:

dancafc said:

Yes. Under 11's go free with a paying adult.
    Well that's where me and the boy will be
  • edited February 2015
    TEL said:

masicat said:

We as a family go back to 1920. We currently hold 4 season tickets and between us we see most games. We had a meeting tonight and have decided to exit supporting Charlton. End of an era for us. We just feel our money could be better spent elsewhere.
    Won't be on here and we have decided to all go to the valley tomorrow as a farewell. It's just not our club anymore and we will now go to watch Bromley.

In which case you won't be missed.....bye.
    You will be missed ... if we alienate long-standing supporters what hope is there
  • Sponsored links:

• As much as I am unhappy with the current regime, too early for this sort of stuff. Still a lot of football to be played.

Let's see how things go over the coming month

Well we can't boycott season tickets until they are actually on sale anyway, but other than that why wait?

We'll have confirmation by this time tomorrow that we've got to save ourselves with the same squad that we've all known for a couple of months is painfully inadequate (possibly with one questionable addition). That's almost insignificant though - virtually everything that's happened since Roland arrived has been negative, we don't need anymore evidence that this whole set up is a disaster.

Wait another month, wait til we're actually in the relegation zone, wait until we've been relegated? We should be voicing our displeasure at every match from this point onwards.
  • Don't get some of this to be honest. Respect you all, and fully understand that people are prepared to walk away from their Charlton habit.

But I couldn't just rock up regularly at another club, regardless of the level.

It's so we can still watch football don't worry I'm not getting my charlton tattoos removed and replaced with fleet til I die
  • Don't get some of this to be honest. Respect you all, and fully understand that people are prepared to walk away from their Charlton habit.

But I couldn't just rock up regularly at another club, regardless of the level.

I know what you're saying AFKA but football is my drug. I will always love Charlton but I will not give any more of my money to the current regime so will have to get my fix elsewhere
  • edited February 2015
    This thread makes me sad. Long standing fans deciding not to go anymore. RD will move on in the end but the damage he will leave behind will last a generation or more. It is extraordinary the mess he is leaving.

I would probably also be joining the exodus, I have a young family and hate the fact I leave them to go and waste my weekend watching rubbish. But I go with family and they will all renew so I will follow and hope things improve and that when I start taking my children RD will have moved on and things will be better.

• Right, I'm off to Primark to get by all black outfit, then some banner paint from B&Q and straight down Selhurst to queue for my new Season Ticket.
  • edited February 2015
    I've had a S/T since 1972 and I won't be renewing.

Not until they go on sale anyway.
    Fooled you all. I'll always go. I love Charlton.
    But I do think we need to try and make our feelings clear in some way.
    I may come back from Cheltenham early to let KM know what I think !