Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Millwall Away (**2,431 Sold** (13th March))

Comments

• After last season never vowing to go back to Millwall ever again , i have succumbed this week and bought tickets , ( i'm convinced i need medical help) in a weird way i'm more excited about this match than the cup game, and would love to beat them , and relegate them, c'mon Charlton fans , dig deep , put your hands in your pockets and lets do this.
  • edited March 2014
    I hope we never succumb to Groupon... Palace and QPR both have
  • My boy plays for long lane u8's they've been asked to give the players a guard of honour onto the pitch and to have a kick about at half time
  • Brighton had lower tier yesterday.
  • ChiAddick said:

Brighton had lower tier yesterday.

All of it ?
  • No. Central blocks.
  • .If we can manage 5k for a cup game at 12 on a Sunday then there should be no excuse for not selling this out now.

Plus the result could have a huge impact on if we stay up or not.
  • IF we beat Sheffield Utd I can see midweek sales of Millwall rocketing. Only thing with that is I can see Huddersfield at home Wednesday, which is still a big game, being treated as a non event.
  • Just bought my Millwall tickets on general sale this morning ..... Seems everybody is pre-occupied with Sheffield at the moment and if progress a lot of people will be saving for a Wembley outing.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited March 2014
    Spanish said:

It really doesn't make any sense, given they will have to pay up to half the receipts from the promotion to Groupon and they are not likely to attract masses of new people from Groupon's database. They'd be better off - financially and in terms of take-up - doing two tickets for £20 and putting an ad in the local press, in my opinion. The clubs probably like this because it has no upfront cost, but it does impact if you just cannibalise your existing revenue and give Groupon a cut from that while you're about it.
  • Spanish said:

It really doesn't make any sense, given they will have to pay up to half the receipts from the promotion to Groupon and they are not likely to attract masses of new people from Groupon's database. They'd be better off - financially and in terms of take-up - doing two tickets for £20 and putting an ad in the local press, in my opinion. The clubs probably like this because it has no upfront cost, but it does impact if you just cannibalise your existing revenue and give Groupon a cut from that while you're about it.
    Not the first time they've done it this season, so I assume the first game worked out well financially?
  • Spanish said:

Not the first time they've done it this season, so I assume the first game worked out well financially?
    Must of done.
    All those massive crowds you've been getting recently?
  • edited March 2014

Spanish said:

I don't know anything about the people at Millwall, so this is not meant personally or directed at anyone in particular, but I would never underestimate the foolishness of football clubs when it comes to tickets, pricing and revenue. As I said, there is no upfront cost and that's what will attract some people, even if they could actually do better by spending some money.

Was there any apparent increase in home support for these matches?
  • Just over 12k there on saturday. Did they give Brighton the lower tier?
  • Brighton had about 2,300 there I think
  • 1994 we took 10k to Man Utd and about 1500 to Millwall a few days later.

A win at Sheff Utd should sell this out but can see why some might have held back financially with a potential replay.
  • Spanish said:

I don't know anything about the people at Millwall, so this is not meant personally or directed at anyone in particular, but I would never underestimate the foolishness of football clubs when it comes to tickets, pricing and revenue. As I said, there is no upfront cost and that's what will attract some people, even if they could actually do better by spending some money.

To be fair our new commercial director is by all accounts a bit of an arrogant arse, so if it did fail previously it wouldn't surprise me if he ignored it.

The previous scheme was done a Tuesday night, so always a poor barometer for success.
  • Can't believe the spanners are doing this for their cup final.
  • cant believe im saying this but i actually agree with Sparrows !! Millwall are a poor barometer for success.
  • Sponsored links:

• This is turning into such a big game with more than local pride at stake.
  • yep - we'll sell this out easily, tickets still on restricted sale and we've already sold 2k
  • Went on general sale yesterday and expect people are distracted by the cup game ... Win that and people will snap tickets up in the euphoria of all is Charlton ..... Lose and they will go because the league becomes even more important .... win win
  • ChiAddick said:

This is turning into such a big game with more than local pride at stake.

Met an old mate last sat who supports that lot.
    Reckon's we'll smash them.
    I made him right.

• i really really want one. defo time to try and extend this overdraft ballbags
  • Spanish said:

To be fair our new commercial director is by all accounts a bit of an arrogant arse, so if it did fail previously it wouldn't surprise me if he ignored it.

The previous scheme was done a Tuesday night, so always a poor barometer for success.
    Sold 93 for this one so far . . .
  • The numbers are slow for this

If lose or draw at sheff utd I reckon 2500 ish, if we win it will sell out in a heartbeat
  • What's the allocation?
  • Did a Millwall fan just say 'barometer'?

The worlds gone bonkers.