Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Millwall Away (**2,431 Sold** (13th March))

1101112131416»

Comments

• doronron said:

Who cares how many fans we're taking to Millwall , all i want is 3 points tomorrow.

I care,we should sell out after just a few days,they are only 4 miles up the road,we need all the suport we can get

Sorry , that should have said 3 pints tomorrow.
  • D_F_T said:

It's funny, of all the Charlton fans I've met in real life, not one has referred to me or my club as 'scum'. Not one. Only see it on the internet.

I'll quite happily do you that honour!

• THEMCA said:

Croydon said:

Where are people drinking beforehand? London Bridge?

Yes I was wondering that! There's a Whetherspoon type place directly outside the station.

Thameside on the Southbank is nice.

Or there's a pub further along Tooley Street towards Jamaica Road.
    There will be at least 20-30 of us in the Market Porter
    Wooo hoo. I'm working but I'm sure I can slip on in lads!!! :)
  • I could not get a ticket for the Sheffield united game,but know a few people who as soon as they realised we could be going to Wembley were falling over their selves trying to get to Sundays match. Always been like this when Charlton have a cup run. Some of these people would not go to normal league away games if they had free travel and tickets
  • I could not get a ticket for the Sheffield united game,but know a few people who as soon as they realised we could be going to Wembley were falling over their selves trying to get to Sundays match. Always been like this when Charlton have a cup run. Some of these people would not go to normal league away games if they had free travel and tickets

That is very interesting - what is your point?
  • I went to Sheffield as I thought the team would put the effort in (wrongly) for that one. I won't be going to Millwall as it's the annual roll over and have our tummys tickled day.
  • Lets just hope all of us making the effort are rewarded today, however unlikely that may be.

I think the same could be said for every club in the country.
  • By the way today is the first time I've been to the Den, does everyone stand up? I'm in row G of my block and I'm a little worried people will sit down.
  • By the way today is the first time I've been to the Den, does everyone stand up? I'm in row G of my block and I'm a little worried people will sit down.

Only the team will be sat down today.
  • Sponsored links:

• Everybody stands .
  • Okay cheers.

• It's funny, of all the Charlton fans I've met in real life, not one has referred to me or my club as 'scum'. Not one. Only see it on the internet.

We are too polite that's for sure. Take three points and try not to worry about it.
    Can see you doing a job on us on Saturday. We are shocking at the moment. Confidence shot to bits. Nailed on relegation.
    Don't try and soft soap me Spanner of course you'll bloody turn us over.
    Mate, we went to Blackpool on Tuesday, they hadn't won in 17 attempts but they beat us! Add to that the injuries we picked up there and at derby, if you don't beat us Saturday you never will. We've even had to recall John Marquis (league two player at best) it's got that bad.

Not buying it son. It's all a ruse. You know and I know that when the good Lord created Millwall and Charlton, you got all the points and we got all the brain cells.
    Genuine LOL.
    Brilliant

• Stig said:

Despite what people are saying, this isn't the biggest match of the season; it isn't even the biggest match this week (sadly, we've already lost that). I don't want to play down its importance, but going on about being "embarrassed" is well over the top. Sure, it would have been nice to sell out but we haven't. It's no big deal, I'm sure those of us that are there will make plenty of noise. And before we start berating those that haven't bought a ticket, it's worth thinking through a few facts first:
    - 5,000 of a fans spent a hell of a lot money going up to Sheffield last weekend, I suspect a lot of them can't afford two away days in such quick succession.
    - We've got two matches a week for the forseeable future. People with families and other commitments may well find it difficult to make time for all of them.
    - Our record against Millwall is shocking. Perhaps not everyone really wants to put themselves through the anticipated heartache and misery again.
    - Performances and results have been poor recently. It's understandable that some will question why they should turn up when there's no guarantee that the team will.
    - Some of our fans go just to watch the football and don't enjoy the posturing, banter and aggression that's often associated with derby matches. Each to their own.
    - Last time, people were held in for ages afterwards. Perhaps people have better ways of spending Saturday evening than waiting behind a police cordon.

So, lets not beat ourselves up over this. If you're going to the match have a great time, support the Addicks, and lets hope you see a win. If you're not going to the game, keep the Addicks in your heart and listen out for the result, because you might just be pleasantly surprised.

Great post Stig.

• I really fancy us today. Got a new manager who won't know any previous from this fixture.
    Our captain signs a two year deal, good performance in the week, no Morrison for Millwall.
    We will win and win well.
    And everybody will live happily ever after.
  • Anyone need a ticket? PM me. Can meet around London bridge. Cheers.

You couldn't get a ticket? Anyone who wanted a ticket for that game could have got one. Lets not kid each other.

I think the same could be said for every club in the country.
    To be fair, Utd had Rotherham fans in their crowd to boost numbers!
  • Sponsored links:

• I really fancy us today. Got a new manager who won't know any previous from this fixture.
    Our captain signs a two year deal, good performance in the week, no Morrison for Millwall.
    We will win and win well.
    And everybody will live happily ever after.

Yes I've got a good feeling about today. Then again, it could just be that pre-match optimism all over again.

Couldn't get time off work but COYR!!!!
  • Great vocal support today. The team really don't deserve the level of support they receive. If they could replicate the energy and positivity of the travelling fans we would be safe by now. 5 goals in the last 10 lead games is a shocker.
  • edited November 2015

D_F_T said:

It's funny, of all the Charlton fans I've met in real life, not one has referred to me or my club as 'scum'. Not one. Only see it on the internet.

I've mentioned the train spotting thing a couple of times, but meant in a jovial way, because it is a light hearted nickname isn't it. It's not like calling someone scum. I once referred to Charlton as "a sort of Watford of the south". That didn't go down too well with the Charlton fans in my company.

And I've never met a Millwall fan that has called me an "anorak" or "trainspotter" to my face.........funny aint it!