Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Millwall Away (**2,431 Sold** (13th March))

Comments

• Stig said:

Despite what people are saying, this isn't the biggest match of the season; it isn't even the biggest match this week (sadly, we've already lost that). I don't want to play down its importance, but going on about being "embarrassed" is well over the top. Sure, it would have been nice to sell out but we haven't. It's no big deal, I'm sure those of us that are there will make plenty of noise. And before we start berating those that haven't bought a ticket, it's worth thinking through a few facts first:
    - 5,000 of a fans spent a hell of a lot money going up to Sheffield last weekend, I suspect a lot of them can't afford two away days in such quick succession.
    - We've got two matches a week for the forseeable future. People with families and other commitments may well find it difficult to make time for all of them.
    - Our record against Millwall is shocking. Perhaps not everyone really wants to put themselves through the anticipated heartache and misery again.
    - Performances and results have been poor recently. It's understandable that some will question why they should turn up when there's no guarantee that the team will.
    - Some of our fans go just to watch the football and don't enjoy the posturing, banter and aggression that's often associated with derby matches. Each to their own.
    - Last time, people were held in for ages afterwards. Perhaps people have better ways of spending Saturday evening than waiting behind a police cordon.

So, lets not beat ourselves up over this. If you're going to the match have a great time, support the Addicks, and lets hope you see a win. If you're not going to the game, keep the Addicks in your heart and listen out for the result, because you might just be pleasantly surprised.

Agree with this I know at least 6 people who would have gone had it not been so quickly after the Sheffield United game.
  • It's funny, of all the Charlton fans I've met in real life, not one has referred to me or my club as 'scum'. Not one. Only see it on the internet.

And I've never met a Millwall fan that has called me an "anorak" or "trainspotter" to my face.........funny aint it!

• I wonder if that fat bloke about 45 years old will be there this year. Hilariously pathetic moron.
  • I wonder if that fat bloke about 45 years old will be there this year. Hilariously pathetic moron.

there will be loads of 45 year old fat blokes there!

there will be loads of 45 year old fat blokes there!

There was à stand one last time we played there. Funny to watch.
  • Croydon said:

Where are people drinking beforehand? London Bridge?

The travelling masses will be drinking at the blackheath tea hut apparently.
  • D_F_T said:

It's funny, of all the Charlton fans I've met in real life, not one has referred to me or my club as 'scum'. Not one. Only see it on the internet.

And I've never met a Millwall fan that has called me an "anorak" or "trainspotter" to my face.........funny aint it!

I've mentioned the train spotting thing a couple of times, but meant in a jovial way, because it is a light hearted nickname isn't it. It's not like calling someone scum. I once referred to Charlton as "a sort of Watford of the south". That didn't go down too well with the Charlton fans in my company.

• edited March 2014

D_F_T said:

It's funny, of all the Charlton fans I've met in real life, not one has referred to me or my club as 'scum'. Not one. Only see it on the internet.

I've mentioned the train spotting thing a couple of times, but meant in a jovial way, because it is a light hearted nickname isn't it. It's not like calling someone scum. I once referred to Charlton as "a sort of Watford of the south". That didn't go down too well with the Charlton fans in my company.

Its difficult to make a comparison for your club as no-one sinks as low as Millwall. It would be a harsh insult to the other club.
  • edited March 2014
    Stig said:

- 5,000 of a fans spent a hell of a lot money going up to Sheffield last weekend, I suspect a lot of them can't afford two away days in such quick succession.

blockquote>

Sorry, but if money was an issue for them, then why did they not just pick the Millwall game?

Can't understand where all these 'friends and family of ST holders' (that had same priority as people that had been to 4 away games) have suddenly vanished to?

I'm sorry but I think it's utterly pathetic considering our average home gate, and the fact it's just down the road.

• Sponsored links:

• No doubt Brighton away will Fly off the shelves.
  • No doubt Brighton away will Fly off the shelves.

Precisely.

• Any decent pubs that will be showing the rugby before and after?
  • I chose the Millwall game over the Sheffield United game, I'd be kicking myself if we beat Millwall and I wasn't there

Good set of values Greenie.....me too!

• Huge match, lots up for grabs, 3pts, pride etc.. Not sure why people getting so worked up about why we're not selling out our allocation. Millwall isn't one of your normal games, intimidation isn't everyone's cup of tea. That said I'll be there, hoping for a repeat of that snowy evening.... COYRS
  • I couldn't care less if only a hundred of us are present tomorrow, as long as we support our players loud and proud.
  • edited March 2014
    boggzy said:

Stig said:

Sorry, but if money was an issue for them, then why did they not just pick the Millwall game?

Can't understand where all these 'friends and family of ST holders' (that had same priority as people that had been to 4 away games) have suddenly vanished to?

I'm sorry but I think it's utterly pathetic considering our average home gate, and the fact it's just down the road.

Why on earth should they prioritise the Millwall game above the Sheffield game? Everybody is free to go to whatever games they choose (assuming they have the means and the ticket availability), people overwhelmingly voted with their feet that they'd prefer a trip to Sheffield than to Bermondsey. Good luck to them. I'm not going to criticise anyone for their decisions about which games they choose. As far as I'm concerned they're all Charlton fans and the club needs support at every game; it's not for you, me or anyone else to dictate anybody's attendance.
  • Croydon said:

Barrowboy, opposite LB.

• edited March 2014
    Millwall have scored 1 goal in 4 matches, Charlton have scored 1 goal in 4 matches. We have not scored against them in the last 3 matches and not beat them in god knows how long..it's a relegation scrap. We have a questionable regime, no scoring strikers, have just lost a fans favourite as our manager, signed someone who no one knows about. I'm not surprised we haven't sold out, and not surprised Millwall haven't either. Unattractive game
  • Milwall just signed some Austrian striker called Stefan Maierhofer.
  • Sponsored links:

• D_F_T said:

Clairvoyant? We are now. :-)
  • I chose the Millwall game over the Sheffield United game, I'd be kicking myself if we beat Millwall and I wasn't there

same

• Get up the barrowboy an banker tomorrow, opposite London bridge...more the merrier
  • Charlton fans making excuses for small away numbers since 1905

I'm not there either #skiingtrip

We'll still be the highest away crowd there all season.
  • The Den will be rockin tomorrow just don't go & spoil it by bringing flares.
  • Croydon said:

Yes I was wondering that! There's a Whetherspoon type place directly outside the station.

Thameside on the Southbank is nice.

Or there's a pub further along Tooley Street towards Jamaica Road.
    There will be at least 20-30 of us in the Market Porter
  • Who cares how many fans we're taking to Millwall , all i want is 3 points tomorrow.
  • Croydon said:

Last chance saloon
  • Who cares how many fans we're taking to Millwall , all i want is 3 points tomorrow.

I care,we should sell out after just a few days,they are only 4 miles up the road,we need all the suport we can get