Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Reza Ghoochannejhad (signed by Apoel)

Comments

• Options
    Stig said:

Stig said:

Well Done Reza

I don't get what all the fuss is about. Harry Redknapp's Granny would have scored that!
    No she wouldn't because the ball would have hit her Zimmer and the ref would have blown up for handball.

The fuss is about a Charlton player scoring a goal at the World Cup. That's never happened before and we don't know when, or even if, it will happen again. Personally I'm pleased for him and proud that he is one of us. Sure, it would have been nice if he'd scored a 30 yard curler to beat Argentina, but he didn't. I'm not letting the fact that it was a tap-in spoil my fun. He still had to be on that pitch, he worked tirelessly and after 80 minutes he still managed to be in exactly the right position. Credit to him. As far as I'm concerned any Reza goal is a great goal.
    I see sarcasm is lost on you.
  • Options
    Fiiiiiish said:

His one goal only went in because the defender ducked under Neath the shot. He is pony.

Fine if you don't rate him, but that shot still had to bend round to the far post and was a quality goal.

He was frustrating but his movement in the box was good.
    I'd say his overall movement was good and he obviously knows where the goal is. Diving is an issue but he seemed to have learnt it was working by the end of the season. If he wants to play for us, I'd have him back, but I don't see it happening.
  • Options
    He had everything in his game apart from physicality - which is probably the most important ingredient in the Championship.

It stopped him getting in goalscoring positions and it stopped him contributing to our overall play too often. In the Dutch league where he previously plied his trade, you get so much more time on the ball. That style suits him, but I don't think he could hack the Championship in truth.
  • Options
    He was cajoled and pressured to come to Charlton and represents the massive downside of the network model. Reza, Thuram, Nego, Yoni, Astrit....none look as if they would bust a gut for the cause.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

seth plum said:

He was cajoled and pressured to come to Charlton and represents the massive downside of the network model. Reza, Thuram, Nego, Yoni, Astrit....none look as if they would bust a gut for the cause.

Would disagree about Astrit. Not a hustle and bustle type player by nature - but he looked like he cared.

Yoni looked like he was interested up until about two months ago.
    That was when his interest started to peeter out...

• Options
    edited January 2015
    cafctom said:

seth plum said:

Would disagree about Astrit. Not a hustle and bustle type player by nature - but he looked like he cared.

add to that, that Thuram just wasnt very good (can a goalkeeper bust a gut?) and Nego played about 180 minutes.

So basically, just Reza, who's not that type of footballer.
  • Options

Fiiiiiish said:

His one goal only went in because the defender ducked under Neath the shot. He is pony.

Fine if you don't rate him, but that shot still had to bend round to the far post and was a quality goal.

He was frustrating but his movement in the box was good.
    I'd say his overall movement was good and he obviously knows where the goal is.
    Sounds like you've forgotten his heroic cross field dribbles, which got him no nearer the goal, ended in failure and didn't seem to go down all that well with his team-mates.
  • Options

cafctom said:

seth plum said:

add to that, that Thuram just wasnt very good (can a goalkeeper bust a gut?) and Nego played about 180 minutes.

So basically, just Reza, who's not that type of footballer.
    A friend of mine also spoke with Ben Hamer last season and when the topic of Thuram came up, apparently Hamer said that he was absolutely phenomenal in training.

Still the worst player I've ever seen in a Charlton shirt however.
  • Options
    If Reza comes back he'd be a great option to have in a squad.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Reza could point out where everybody else is going wrong.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Reza came to Charlton to get game time to ensure he was included in Iran's World Cup squad.

• Options
    seth plum said:

To be fair, the size of Astrit it would take ages to bust his gut. He probably just got subbed off before he got the chance
  • Options
    I would take him back if he's willing to put the work in. Would be a great addition to have if his mind is in the right place.
  • Options
    Unless he goes elsewhere in the network he'll have to come back. I don't think the Russian window has shut yet though. Maybe a nice few months out in the cold will teach him it ain't so bad here after all.
  • Options
    Return of the <3
  • Options

I would take him back if he's willing to put the work in. Would be a great addition to have if his mind is in the right place.
    That's one mighty big if...........
  • Options
    Did Reza play under Luzon?

One quality Luzon apparently has, is that of being a good man motivator, so if he could get Reza's head into the game and wanting to play for us he would be very useful addition back into the squad. If you have watched any of his games for Iran you can see that he can actually be a very hard working player who has an eye for goal.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2015

Did Reza play under Luzon?

One quality Luzon apparently has, is that of being a good man motivator, so if he could get Reza's head into the game and wanting to play for us he would be very useful addition back into the squad. If you have watched any of his games for Iran you can see that he can actually be a very hard working player who has an eye for goal.

Would appear so. According to Wiki, Reza played 10 times scoring 4 goals. Reza started playing for Standard in Jan 2013 whilst Luzon joined in May 2013 and was Standard's coach when he left them for us but whether he had any real say in that is anyone's guess as Roly calls the shots. So Reza had moved to Standard from Sint-Truiden within the 'network' prior to that in the same year that Luzon was appointed.
  • Options

That's one mighty big if...........
    Of course, I agree with you on that. But IF somehow Luzon sorted him out, then maybe just maybe we can get a good player out of him. Cause no doubt he has talent there somewhere.
  • Options
    My god no. He's so bad.
  • Options
    FFS no way would I want him back.
  • Options

My god no. He's so bad.

questionably better than what we have...
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

My god no. He's so bad.

questionably better than what we have...
    Let alone didn't we play him out wide a bit as well? With the service he got, how could he of been any better. He's a world cup scorer remember ;)
  • Options
    Am I right in saying that Reza went out on a season loan, but then it was cancelled in January, does that mean he should be back with us? If so where is he? Is he training anywhere?
  • Options
    ross1 said:

Am I right in saying that Reza went out on a season loan, but then it was cancelled in January, does that mean he should be back with us? If so where is he? Is he training anywhere?

On the bench today?

• Options
    Oggy Red said:

ross1 said:

On the bench today?

Depends where the bench is