Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Reza Ghoochannejhad (signed by Apoel)

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2014
    se9addick said:

Our January 2015 transfer activity is going to look very similar to our January 2014 activity, isn't it ?

Don't tell me Igor and Cousins are on the way out like Yann and Stephens.........ffs. :-0
  • Options
    I'd be as excited to see his name on the team sheet as I would Church's.................
  • Options
    edited December 2014

I'd be as excited to see his name on the team sheet as I would Church's.................

Christ, he's not as bad as church! However, I know what you mean. I'd be less than impressed to see him turning up again.
  • Options
    Well Reza would be welcome right now IMO!
  • Options
    I'd rather church tbh
  • Options
    Something tells me that Reza thinks he knows more about football than anybody at Charlton, and he sees his job as pointing in every direction telling others what they should be doing, preferably from a prone position.
    Since he was (and I mean this) a success in the Brazil World Cup, he will now know even more about football than everybody else, and if he returned to us his pointing finger would be called on so much it would risk a stress fracture, or at least achilles hamstring phalanges.
  • Options
    If Bob can fire him up to play like he was with Iran in the world cup, I'd have him back.

If he's just going to perform like last season, no thanks.
  • Options
    I'd take Ajdarevic back in a heartbeat too
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Swisdom said:

Now the caterings livened up you might be in with a shout.

• Options
    Swisdom said:

Agree would be a great option off the bench can create something and better technically that pretty much everyone we have...
  • Options
    Reza started in the Asian Cup win against Bahrain and made a substitute appearance in the win against Qatar. Iran just qualified for the knockout stage.
  • Options
    Just thinking about the Asian cup, Reza and Iran must be in with a good shout. 3 horse race? Iran, Japan and the Aussies?
  • Options
    cafc4ever said:

Just thinking about the Asian cup, Reza and Iran must be in with a good shout. 3 horse race? Iran, Japan and the Aussies?

Throw South Korea in there too. Bookmakers have Japan and the Aussies as favorites to win it with South Korea & Iran right behind them. China's played well too I must say and Uzbekistan is a formidable opponent.
  • Options
    I could score against the UAE
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    157 appearances 70 goals vs Watt 92 Appearances 23 Goals

Just wish he wanted to play for us.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Reza scored in the 119th minute to send us to penalties.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9QpyXx9znY
  • Options
    Does that mean he is coming back now
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Woo come home Reza

2012– Iran 23 (13)
  • Options
    Bottled it.
    Never took a penalty.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    OUCH... Iraq beating Iran must be a huge scalp there are over 50 places between these two in the rankings... Well done to Iraq for managing it

Also seen that Japan have lost to United Arab Emirates in the other Asian Cup Quarter-Final setting them up against Australia in the Semis - Some big results there
  • Options
    Is the rest of this tournament on UK tv?
  • Options
    Church over Reza everytime. One has scored goals for Charlton, the other hasn't.
  • Options

Church over Reza everytime. One has scored goals for Charlton, the other hasn't.

Keep both of them if we can but...

- Simon Church: 38-appearances (3-Goals)
    - Reza Ghoochanniejhad: 15-appearances (1-Goal)

Not really much in it between them
  • Options

Meh, much of a muchness really when you consider Church is always played up top and has had much more game time.
    Simon Church
    41 (3)
    Reza
    15 (1)

One has scored Goals, the other just Goal.
  • Options
    The two goals in the videos above were not difficult finishes for Reza, but what stands out is his reaction to each of them. The boy clearly loves playing for Iran. I have no idea how we would do it, but if we could harness some of that passion he could still have a role to play for us, although another small nippy striker is not a high priority right now.

The realist in me says he'll never do it for us though.