Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Reza Ghoochannejhad (signed by Apoel)

Comments

• Options
    Still not sure Reza is cut out for Championship football, I really hope he makes it but we shall have to wait and see.

Shame a couple of his other efforts did not go in as we may have been able to get a decent fee for him.
  • Options

Well done Reza. I think that there us a real player in there. Whether he returns to us we will have to wait and see.

I bloody hope so - he signed a 5yr contract only 6 months ago !!

• Options

he/we score - get in there reza!!! ...but our final rep in brazil is going home though...

Only just caught this so echo everyone's congrats to Reza.

Pleased in a sense he is coming home now - need to get ALL our lads training together as soon as poss ready for the PSF.

• Options
    edited June 2014
    At the moment we have got:

Pope

Solly
    Morro
    Gomez
    Wiggins

Wilson
    Cousins/Buyens
    Jacko
    Harriott

Reza
    Vetokele

I have to say, I am very excited.

And before I get questioned on the lightweights upfront... Who said small players can't play up too together. Look at Suarez, Sturridge, and Sterling.
  • Options
    He won't be back for a good 2/3 weeks. Holiday time for Reza.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Well Done Reza
  • Options
    dizzee said:

Pope

Solly
    Morro
    Gomez
    Wiggins

Wilson
    Cousins/Buyens
    Jacko
    Harriott

Reza
    Vetokele

And before I get questioned on the lightweights upfront... Who said small players can't play up too together. Look at Suarez, Sturridge, and Sterling.

Your missing Simon Church. ;-(
  • Options
    Nice to see him score , the offside flag in the first half saved his embarrassment when he ballsed up a sitter
  • Options

Pleased he got a goal, shame they won't advance any further. Let's hope he uses this experience to push on for us next season. Guess the upside for us is he gets a few mores days rest now and can rejoin our pre-season sooner.

Indeed. Just think how knackered he'd be if Iran went all the way to the final.
  • Options
    Stig said:

Well Done Reza

I don't get what all the fuss is about. Harry Redknapp's Granny would have scored that!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    dizzee said:

Pope

Solly
    Morro
    Gomez
    Wiggins

Wilson
    Cousins/Buyens
    Jacko
    Harriott

Reza
    Vetokele

Sturridge is 6 ft and I don't think you could call him or Suarez lightweight.

I'd say it's more BWP and Eccleston... It'll probably never work.
  • Options
    I think AddicksAddict was messing about but I agree 100% Stig
  • Options
    Brilliant - well done Reza, that really is an achievement.
  • Options

dizzee said:

Pope

Solly
    Morro
    Gomez
    Wiggins

Wilson
    Cousins/Buyens
    Jacko
    Harriott

Reza
    Vetokele

Your missing Simon Church. ;-(
    It's actually Simon 'Missing' Church, but it's an easy mistake to make... ;)
  • Options
    Playing in England's rubbed off on him:
    https://sg.sports.yahoo.com/news/world-cups-dirtiest-player-082400716.html

"Iran's Reza Ghoochannejhad, managed to concede 16 fouls from 270 minutes of play, making him the second highest player to concede fouls."
  • Options
    He's learning fast.
  • Options
    Any idea when he'll return for Pre-Season?
  • Options
    My guess would be 2-3 weeks after the WC finished for him.

Hopefully will be back training in a week or so. Should need less fitness work than the others anyway.
  • Options
    The next highest player to concede fouls was the ex-Charlton (sorry you are not Man Utd, you can't have a permit), Christian Bolanos.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Scoham said:

dizzee said:

Pope

Solly
    Morro
    Gomez
    Wiggins

Wilson
    Cousins/Buyens
    Jacko
    Harriott

Reza
    Vetokele

Messi, Xavi and Iniesta.
  • Options
    dizzee said:

Pope

Solly
    Morro
    Gomez
    Wiggins

Wilson
    Cousins/Buyens
    Jacko
    Harriott

Reza
    Vetokele

Looks like a team to me with Harriott joining front two to make a very pacy 4-3-3!
    We still need a keeper and another centre back and loan cover later (for injuries) but it's a good place to be early July.

Really hope Reza gets tucked into the first 10 games with Church playing cup and on the bench :)
  • Options

Scoham said:

dizzee said:

Pope

Solly
    Morro
    Gomez
    Wiggins

Wilson
    Cousins/Buyens
    Jacko
    Harriott

Reza
    Vetokele

Messi, Xavi and Iniesta.
    A rare exception at one of the biggest clubs in the world.
  • Options
    dizzee said:

Pope

Solly
    Morro
    Gomez
    Wiggins

Wilson
    Cousins/Buyens
    Jacko
    Harriott

Reza
    Vetokele

How can you get excited about this team? Its not very different to last year and we simply weren't good enough with those players...
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Improved strike force, certain young players are a year older and actual options from the bench (Moussa).

Still need a Goalkeeper and a centre back (Bikey).

To me it looks like a midtable team, which I would be happy with considering the past two seasons.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Scoham said:

dizzee said:

Pope

Solly
    Morro
    Gomez
    Wiggins

Wilson
    Cousins/Buyens
    Jacko
    Harriott

Reza
    Vetokele

Messi, Xavi and Iniesta.
    A rare exception at one of the biggest clubs in the world.
    Second only to Sheffield Wednesday who are massive. An exception but only because they trained hard at making it work.
  • Options
    No creative midfielder,an inexperienced goalkeeper, no centre forward, no centre back depth and only 12 experienced players in the squad. Still a long way to go I think.
  • Options
    No centre forward? We just signed one from a Champions League club...unless you'd rather a League One journeyman like Mooney instead.
  • Options
    edited July 2014

Improved strike force, certain young players are a year older and actual options from the bench (Moussa).

Still need a Goalkeeper and a centre back (Bikey).

To me it looks like a midtable team, which I would be happy with considering the past two seasons.

So glad others see this - our academy players are a year older and by the end of next season some might have close to 100 games!
    To rely on Pope and Lennon / Gomez is too risky... I had a look around and clubs like Brighton, Ipswich and Derby have premier league loans going in and out of their squads over the last couple of seasons - Brighton have a load of Spanish talent just left. So if we can't buy top players to improve the squad I sincerely hope we can borrow them to complete a first 18 that can win more than it loses.
    Southbank said:

No creative midfielder,an inexperienced goalkeeper, no centre forward, no centre back depth and only 12 experienced players in the squad. Still a long way to go I think.

Four players to strengthen the spine of the team - needs to happen and Duchatelet has the cash and decisiveness to do it. Only rumours at present but at least we have 21 players signed up right now (with no passengers)

• Options
    Where is he? Doesn't seem to be in Spain (not in any of the pictures). Had an extended break after World Cup - but should be back in training by now. Off on loan somewhere...maybe SL?