Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Reza Ghoochannejhad (signed by Apoel)

Comments

• Options
    RedPanda said:

Davo55 said:

Is the Iran game on tv? Looks like ITV are covering Argentina's game.

ITV 4, or the ITV website.
    Cheers @RedPanda
  • Options
    Another good bet!
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    GGGGGOOOOOOAAAAAAALLLLLLLLL!

Well done Reza
  • Options
    Goal! Bosnia and Herzegovina 2, Iran 1. Reza Ghoochannejhad (Iran) right footed shot from very close range to the centre of the goal. Assisted by Andranik Teymourian with a cross.

World cup goal scorer. You little beauty.
  • Options
    He really has deserved that goal for all his endeavours over the three games. Well done Reza!
  • Options
    Well done Reza! Do the same for us next season please.
  • Options
    Pleased he got a goal, shame they won't advance any further. Let's hope he uses this experience to push on for us next season. Guess the upside for us is he gets a few mores days rest now and can rejoin our pre-season sooner.
  • Options
  • Options
    he/we score - get in there reza!!! ...but our final rep in brazil is going home though...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Well done Reza! Do the same for us next season please.

I'd prefer him to get more than one goal...

So would I. Hope he doesn't take me too literally.

• Options
    Reckon the club shop will be rubbing their hands in anticipation of making a mint putting ghoochannejhad on the back of our new shirts come August.
  • Options
    First Charlton Athletic player to score a world cup goal ?
  • Options
    vff said:

First Charlton Athletic player to score a world cup goal ?

Yes, great moment in our history, now we start the wait for the next one.........
  • Options
    Well done Reza
  • Options
    let's hope he's now (reza)sharpened up for our season - so how many weeks recuperation does he get after zero time off over the summer?
  • Options
    Well done Rez, hoping he comes back full of confidence, after being somewhat negative a month ago starting to look forward to seeing our new players alongside Cousins, wiggins, solly, Wilson, Jackson, and Morrison, oh and the new kit arrived today one day after my lads 9th birthday, looks pretty good on him.
  • Options
    I don't reckon he will make it back to Sparrows Lane in time for the start of pre-season tomorrow.
    Should be OK for Friday though.
  • Options
    So happy for Reza. He has played very well this world cup and i am excited to see him next season. Hopefully he plays in the correct postion and can make runs and create opportunities like he has over the last two weeks.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2014
    I didn't see his name on the Golden Boot list. Some untidy fella seems to be top....

Delighted he's got the goal he deserves at a World Cup though and made Charlton history as well.
  • Options
    he has the raw talent, but will he truly come through at super competitive championship level - sooo hope he does, we definitely need a new iranian legend as creamy buggery lasted only 20 or so mins away to ipswich in the league cup!
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    The 'Iranian Zidane'. Persians have a dry sense of humour.
  • Options
    yeah, i do recall the big build up for karim - he did have something i felt, but oh well...on to reza now, the iranian wright!
  • Options
    Don't know for sure but would not think Reza would have to return for duty until late July, the bloke deserves 3-4 weeks total rest away from football.

The last time we'd have had to worry about this stuff was back in 2002 when we had Jensen in the Danish team - did we have anyone at the 2006 World Cup?
  • Options

Don't know for sure but would not think Reza would have to return for duty until late July, the bloke deserves 3-4 weeks total rest away from football.

The last time we'd have had to worry about this stuff was back in 2002 when we had Jensen in the Danish team - did we have anyone at the 2006 World Cup?

No, but we had Dennis Rommedahl at Euro 2004
  • Options
    Well done Reza. I think that there us a real player in there. Whether he returns to us we will have to wait and see.
  • Options

Well done Reza. I think that there us a real player in there. Whether he returns to us we will have to wait and see.

Yep, at the World Cup he's shown exactly why he has such a devoted fan base, he's proven there is one hell of a player in there somewhere. As to whether that player will ever show up in a Charlton shirt I just do not know but if anything surely he MUST be played up front now and not out wide...
  • Options
    He looked confident throughout and is more interested in shooting when near goal than passing - most un-Charlton like!