Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Reza Ghoochannejhad (signed by Apoel)

Comments

• Options

Church has also had good games in a Charlton shirt. I don't think Reza has ever had a good game.

He's trash

Didnt have a bad debut against Wigan... Could have had a hat-trick in that match

Thing is he was mostly played out wide whenever he got into our team when he's a natural Striker everywhere else
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Dazzler21 said:

Church over Reza everytime. One has scored goals for Charlton, the other hasn't.

Keep both of them if we can but...

- Simon Church: 38-appearances (3-Goals)
    - Reza Ghoochanniejhad: 15-appearances (1-Goal)

Not really much in it between them
    don't forget Reza was played out wide, or came on as a sub more than playing up top.
    Okay could you stop posting, we've twice now pretty much posted the same comment right at the same time :)

People are gonna talk... Jeez!!!!
  • Options

Reza just scored the winner! 1-0 win against the UAE to send us top of the group.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_AFC_Asian_Cup#Group_C

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAKSlkpb_eg

That was some Etheridge style goalkeeping for Reza's goal !

So what's the deal now, is he coming back to us ?
  • Options
    Take That...he is back for good
  • Options
    Reza will not be coming back to us.
  • Options

Church has also had good games in a Charlton shirt. I don't think Reza has ever had a good game.

He's trash

Didn't go Leeds away I guess?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

He's trash

So we can forgive diving around, playing for himself and making minimal effort because he scored a great goal in one of his 15 appearances?

He's rubbish, he dives and, to cap it all, he doesn't want to play for us-why is he still being discussed?

Also, our new Israeli manager may be a stumbling block-or did he play under him before?
  • Options
    HandG said:

He's trash

So we can forgive diving around, playing for himself and making minimal effort because he scored a great goal in one of his 15 appearances?

He's rubbish, he dives and, to cap it all, he doesn't want to play for us-why is he still being discussed?

Also, our new Israeli manager may be a stumbling block-or did he play under him before?
    I really don't think Luzon's nationality stop him playing a Dutch-Iranian player, if Reza doesn't play for Charlton again it will be on attitude/ability grounds.
  • Options
    He's a useless sack of shit
  • Options

I like him... You obviously don't score countless goals at international level without some ability. And we are hardly Barcelona.

Yes obviously there is the issue of him being promised a permanent move away that he never got. But if he has a change of heart, I would welcome him back.

I don't mind him and would probably like him back if his attitude was correct as he gives us different options but I think to describe his international record as one that's yielded "countless" goals is accurate, unless you have severe difficulty with counting to 13 !
  • Options
    I can't see him coming back....unless Igor is moved elsewhere.
  • Options

When it comes to goals and Charlton, anything above 10 is countless.

Very true
  • Options

He's trash

Yeah I did actually. He was rubbish in that game as well.
  • Options
    His one goal only went in because the defender ducked under Neath the shot. He is pony.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    vffvff
    edited January 2015
    dickplumb said:

Reza will not be coming back to us.

If Reza decides he can play for Charlton AND Luzon and displays a positive attitude then he is welcome back. That seems unlikely at this stage. It is debatable if Reza has the physique and game to manage in the Championship. If he could stop falling over and looking for free kicks then he might manage it. If the change of Luzon as manager has no impact on Reza not wanting to play for Charlton then he needs to be moved on. His wages may be preventing another more suitable player coming in. Particularly when the budget is being so tightly managed. It is either that or Duchatelet puts on an exemption for his wages. That's just speculation. Who knows how the various networks loans / signings are worked out.

At the moment Reza will go down in the record books for being the first Charlton player to score in the World Cup and scoring a cracking goal at Leeds, which helped steady Charlton in the fight to stay in the Championship. That and being the second Iranian player not to really make any lasting impact at Charlton.

I guess we will find out whats happening with Reza when the Asian cup is finished.
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited January 2015
    http://uk.soccerway.com/matches/2015/01/23/asia/asian-cup/iran/iraq/1466412/

Reza G. scores 119 min goal in exciting Extra Time period. Iran knocked out. Reza scores some timely goals for Iran. At least the result may cheer up the Iraqi's who are having a rough time of it.

Maybe we will find out what is going to happen to Reza pretty soon. The shop window performances in the Asian cup may result in an offer or a move.

Iran 3 Iraq 3 * Iraq win 7-6 on pens

Asian Cup Half-time 1 - 0 : Full-time : 1 - 1 Extra-time: 3 - 3 : Penalties 6 - 7

Venue: Canberra Stadium (Canberra) Attendance: 18921

Iraq Goals: S. Azmoun 24' (assist by V. Ghafouri): 1 - 0 / 1 - 1 56' Ahmed Yasin (assist by Alaa Abl-ALzahra)

1 - 2 93' Younis Mahmoud : M. Pouraliganji 103' (assist by A. Teymourian) 2 - 2 / 2 - 3 116' Dhurgham Ismail (PG)
    R. Ghoochannejhad 119' 3 - 3
  • Options
    Why all this talk about Reza? He's on a season-long loan at Kuwait. Why would he be coming back? Or have I missed something?
  • Options
    edited January 2015

Why all this talk about Reza? He's on a season-long loan at Kuwait. Why would he be coming back? Or have I missed something?

There was a rumour towards the end of December that Reza was coming back - http://www.tehrantimes.com/sports/120429-irans-ghoochannejhad-to-leave-al-kuwait

Bobby Peeters said that he had no idea, but didn't want him back if he wasn't going to want to play for Charlton - http://www.southlondon-today.co.uk/Sport.cfm?id=19474

I have a feeling it's since been confirmed though; but I can't find a source anywhere; the last article about him on the OS was 06th August..

• Options

His one goal only went in because the defender ducked under Neath the shot. He is pony.

Fine if you don't rate him, but that shot still had to bend round to the far post and was a quality goal.

He was frustrating but his movement in the box was good.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    You guys sure are appreciative of your lone World Cup scorer. Yeah, he can be frustrating for us Team Melli fans too at times, but he's clutch, technical & knows how to make runs.

Most of us Iranians want Reza back in Charlton, fyi.
  • Options
    Ever watch Kobe Bryant?
  • Options

Ever watch Kobe Bryant?

Nope
  • Options
    Personally think Reza is pony, but regardless of his ability, he decided he didn't want to play for our club.

For that reason alone, I certainly wouldn't want him anywhere near us again...........