Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Reza Ghoochannejhad (signed by Apoel)

Comments

• Options
    _MrDick said:

What a shame that there was only a handful of people there to witness it. How many does that stadium hold ...
    Was that the G21 clapping ?

BTW, I think that proves that Reza is a class player. He just didn't want to play for us.
  • Options
    oh come on, he's shite. I hate this belief that he is somehow a brilliant player who never came good for us. He knew he wasn't good enough to play week in week out at this level so ran away
  • Options

_MrDick said:

What a shame that there was only a handful of people there to witness it. How many does that stadium hold ...

BTW, I think that proves that Reza is a class player. He just didn't want to play for us.
    One strike doesn't make a footballer! That said, I don't think his finishing was ever in doubt - just his overall work ethic and the strength/stamina required for the championship.

I think he's shown his true colours since though; if he's happy enough picking up a massive pay check whilst playing in the poorer leagues of the world then I'm glad it's no longer Charlton's signature on those pay checks.

Personally, I'd like players who want to push their limits and play at the highest level they possibly can - I want professional pride in a Charlton shirt, and I want pride for the shirt itself. Reza seemed incapable of those things.
  • Options
    #moveonheisnotonywatt
  • Options
    LuckyReds said:

_MrDick said:

One strike doesn't make a footballer! That said, I don't think his finishing was ever in doubt - just his overall work ethic and the strength/stamina required for the championship.

I think he's shown his true colours since though; if he's happy enough picking up a massive pay check whilst playing in the poorer leagues of the world then I'm glad it's no longer Charlton's signature on those pay checks.

Personally, I'd like players who want to push their limits and play at the highest level they possibly can - I want professional pride in a Charlton shirt, and I want pride for the shirt itself. Reza seemed incapable of those things.
    As far as i'm concerned his finishing is in doubt. He missed an open goal vs QPR and only scored 1 goal for Charlton in 15 games!
  • Options

LuckyReds said:

_MrDick said:

As far as i'm concerned his finishing is in doubt. He missed an open goal vs QPR and only scored 1 goal for Charlton in 15 games!
    What an important goal though!
  • Options
    Was that Thuram in goal?
  • Options
    Good shot but had lots of space.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    yes this thread has been used again and so it can only mean 1 thing

Reza had just scored for Al-Wakra(they are now 3-1 Behind)
  • Options

yes this thread has been used again and so it can only mean 1 thing

Reza had just scored for Al-Wakra(they are now 3-1 Behind)

Great news. I am thoroughly depressed about the start of another working week, but this has really cheered me up no end. This has made my life bearable again.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I thought he played for sporting Kuwait or whoever it was
  • Options
    Keep up Colin!
  • Options
    How many goals has he got now in the Iranian 5-a-side league?
  • Options

That loan ended and he's now on loan to bottom of the league
  • Options
    But the question is Where's Reza?

• Options
    dickplumb said:

Dazzler21 said:

Who cares. In all my fifty four years of watching Charlton I have never known a group of players with long contracts who are so unconnected to the Club as Reza, PP, Nego etc. To think how much money we have wasted on these players plus Tucudean.

The club sorts long contracts... Not good enough.
    Short contracts... not good enough...

The club can't win imo.
  • Options
    sammy391 said:

When did that happen?
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    Scoham said:

sammy391 said:

When did that happen?
    I'm guessing when paulie was distracted as his mrs wasn't letting him watch the champions league final, otherwise he would have been on the ball and updated this thread
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    mrbligh said:

Dazzler21 said:

dickplumb said:

Dazzler21 said:

Who cares. In all my fifty four years of watching Charlton I have never known a group of players with long contracts who are so unconnected to the Club as Reza, PP, Nego etc. To think how much money we have wasted on these players plus Tucudean.

The club sorts long contracts... Not good enough.
    Short contracts... not good enough...

The club can't win imo.
    They could start by getting the good players on long contracts and the shit players on short contracts
    This is Charlton we can't afford to do that!
  • Options
    Surely theres got to be a breach of contract if he is not at training? Unless he has already been sold?
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

Dazzler21 said:

Does anyone think any of these three players will be at the club in a few weeks? At the club meaning not loaned out either.
  • Options
    No
  • Options
    Have to admit... I am wondering if we'll maybe see Polish Pete / Loic Nego in the Welling match tomorrow (Especially the latter seeing he did appear a few times prior to going to Hungry and would be another option to play on the Right of Midfield at the moment other than Gudmundsson)
  • Options
    How was he on his return from injury?
  • Options
    Hardly touched the ball.

made one good pass that lead to a shot.

didn't dive whenever touched.

can't blame him for result as came on when two down and got mostly high balls to win.

• Options
    Reza had no opportunity to do anything against Brentford. When he came on the teams confidence was gone and he had no supply.
  • Options

How was he on his return from injury?

Did okay. Was quick and picked out a couple of good passes to McA. Seemed to be up for it. Fell over less than usual.

However, not convinced that he's good enough for the Championship or has what it takes to be a regular goal scorer. Squad player at best.
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    I'm not writing him off yet, when he played up at Forest and got injured he looked lively, didn't have enough time to make an impression yesterday, and to be fair , very few. Shelton players came out of that game smothered in glory.

Until till Tony Watt can get fit / sort himself out , I'd start Reza and Big Mak up front.