Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Ashes

Comments

• Options
    So much for technology - pay heed those in favour of it for footballing decisions, which are often far less black or white...it still takes a human to make the final decision even with the help of the replays.
  • Options
    67-2 England lead by 2.
  • Options
    an interesting day to say the least .. England are red hot favourites now .. aren't they??
  • Options
    15-2 aint it really so I wouldn't say favorites
  • Options
    According to bookies we are. Don't really see why
  • Options
    Because they have to bat last...the pitch will be turning all over thr shop
  • Options

According to bookies we are. Don't really see why

Also, because you tend to back your own team, so they give worse odds. I wouldn't be surprised if The Aussies are favourites in Oz land.
  • Options
    I'd still back us at this stage. As long as KP and Cook can stay in for most of the morning and put a good platform for everyone else, there's still a lot of cricket left to be played..
  • Options
    yes, I think we have a better side - but we need to make a few runs tomorrow - next couple of partnerships will be key!
  • Options
    They are only going to be batting to win on a day 4 pitch, won't be a mind field and chasing 200. Will be good day but fancy them
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oops mine field
  • Options
    The quality hasn't been all that high, but in terms of drama, I can't remember a cricket match that I've enjoyed more. Better than some matches on flat wickets where it's a guaranteed bore draw. Still reckon we need to get 300 runs... Easier said than done
  • Options
    The 3rd umpire should be given the heave ho - disgraceful decisions.
  • Options
    I just don't understand what the doubt was over the stumping. Same as Mitchell Johnson run putt in ICC trophy
  • Options
    I was there today. One of the most bizarre days cricket I've ever seen.

The ebbs and flows were pretty dramatic!

I thought the third umpire was wrong on both occasions. Agar capitalised on the first with a superb knock. I was sat next to a guy who said he knew him and he said to me as Agar walked out to the crease "he can bat this lad", so it certainly proved! Good for him. Cook and Pietersen deserve credit for steadying the ship after the second error and calming things down.

We need to bat all day tomorrow. On a turning wicket that encorporates bounce for Swann, I can't see the Aussies chasing anything over 250.
  • Options
    My Day 4 tickets that I nearly threw away at midday are suddenly looking very good!
  • Options
    still feel a bit gutted agar couldn't hold it together for a couple more runs; he played sensationally well. really beautiful strokeplay
  • Options
    The whole game hinges on the first couple of hours . If KP and The Chef are still in come lunchtime then I think England will win but if wickets fall , as is the norm in the morning session at Trent Bridge then we are well and truly stuffed. I will take a wicket down and a 100 lead at lunch right now .
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Pitersen b Pattinson 64 inside edge onto the stumps.

121-3 Lead by 56.

I'm not bitter at all, but if Erasmus had made the correct decisions we'd be about 200 in the lead with only 2 down :-)
  • Options
    Well maybe KP should have reviewed it, the way things have been going.......
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cook gone.
    And thats that Ladies & Gents.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Cook c Clarke b Agar 50 Caught at 1st slip, spinning out of the rough

131-4 England lead by 66.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Cook out.

• Options
    Riviera said:

My Day 4 tickets that I nearly threw away at midday are suddenly looking very good!

Where's that bin?

• Options
    Bloody hell. Bell Bairstow Prior Swann Broad (injured) Finn Jimmy. We need 200 runs from you fellas, absolute minimum.

Think the fat lady is warbling.
  • Options
    Bell needs to step up. I'm hoping that Prior gets his act together, and that the Aussies forget to aim at the stumps when Bairstow is batting.

what do we reckon is a defendable total? 88 ahead at the moment. I'd crap myself if it's less than 250, and I don't think we can get there
  • Options
    absolute bare minimum of 200 ahead is needed, ideally 250+ but can't see us making that
  • Options
    I reckon a 250 lead might be enough. 300 lead & I'm very confident, even if they get close.

I'd say the match is 50/50 at the mo.

157-4 92 lead at lunch.
  • Options
    157/4

92 ahead at lunch
  • Options
    Cliche time, but this next session should decide the match
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!