Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Ashes

Comments

• Options
    Trott now gone. 11- 2
  • Options
    What a shite team we have got !!
  • Options
    blimmin 'ell.
  • Options
    Aussies have got this in the bag. Absolute garbage from England since about 11.45.
  • Options
    In huge trouble now. Need a century partnership from somewhere.
  • Options
    third umpire strikes again!!
  • Options
    edited July 2013
  • Options
    Big big trouble. I do some actual work for 5 mins and have an Aussie workmate tell me that Starc is on a hattrick. FFS
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Slit ur wrist time for some!

People far too confident before the series, including the media and the players so it seems.

This isn't over and even if it is, there are 4 more tests. Perhaps it's the kick up the arse we need.

England aren't a bad team overnight. Plenty of time but hopefully people realise the Aussies are no mugs.
  • Options
    Looked like the finest of inside edges to me but snicko says only hit the pads. Serious trouble now.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Are a lot of cricketers forgetting how to play the five day game ?
  • Options
    No need to panic, we got smashed in the first test out there in 2010/11 and look what happened. It might actually wake us up.
  • Options
    Need to hope KP and Cook can find their form.

• Options
    To be to England we have been shit for a while. Struggled in the one days games. Lost to New Zealand in one day series and struggled against them in the tests here and over there. Although I am half Australian (on my Dad's side) as I was born in England and spent most of my time in England I find it extremely frustrating watching England at times. First day batting was a shambles, we got ourselves into a good position 119 for 9? but didn't kill them off and we bowled crap "come and hit me for 4 and 6 type balls and didn't finish them off. We should have had a 75+ lead and building on that now. Instead we are facing defeat. This isn't a great Aussie side but one with some good players.
  • Options
    Awful. We simply cannot bat. Their number 11 on debut gets 98 so what is wrong with our batting line up? In big, big trouble. Will KP get us out of danger, I wouldn't bet on it...Cook needs to play a skipper's innings and hope he gets enough support through the order...
  • Options
    Trott hit that! The ball clearly gets deflected! That third umpire has something against us! Two bad decisions in one day that could be costly
  • Options
    KP wil either get out slogging for about 30 or get 200.
  • Options

Trott hit that! The ball clearly gets deflected! That third umpire has something against us! Two bad decisions in one day that could be costly

"You couldn't make this up. Apparently there was a technical problem with the side-on view of HotSpot when the Jonathan Trott decision was reviewed. Would it have reprieved him? We'll never know."
  • Options
    People are getting a bit far ahead of themselves. England aren't batting well, but could still easily reach 250+. Let's not forget that the Aussies only made it to 125 before that freak innings which is unlikely to come again. If England can get to 200 ahead, then I'd fancy them on this pitch. Add to that the fact that I reckon England can get to 325+ if Cook can get in.

On another note, I still think KP is vastly overrated and should be on the edge of being dropped. He'll either get out soon or a huge score.
  • Options
    " Apparently, the side-on view wasn't available because the replay of the Joe Root dismissal, from the previous ball, was being readied. The system cannot record and play at the same time"

FFS.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Surely if the technology fails in the above case it stays as the on field decision of the umpire and no review is lost for the team?
  • Options
    hopefully broad will have recovered a bit and be able to bowl properly. We won't beat anyone with just three bowlers, one of them being a scatty Finn
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    I presume most people posting aren't actually watching. If the 3rd umpire had made the correct decisions the Aussies would have been all out for about 130/140 (can't recall the precise score).

Agar was 100% out of his ground and should have been given out stumped. There is absolutely no doubt in my mind.

We'd have led by 70 odd.

Then to add insult to injury, Trott gets given out lbw, when he more than likely got an inside edge & as there was most definitely doubt, the original not out decision should have stood.

If Erasmus had not made 2 incorrect decisions we'd now be about 110 in the lead with 1 wicket down.

Instead we trail by 28 with 2 wickets down.

I'm not usually one for being over critical of umpires & refs, but this guy had slow mo replays and still made the wrong decisions, which have turned this match on its' head !
  • Options
    a very strange day .. England's bowlers seem to have been world beaters against the batsmen and carpet beaters against the number 11, though he did play so well
    As for the technology .. was there a conversation between the on field and replay umpires as to why Trott was originally given not out ? .. unless it was because it was thought that he got a nick he was plumb .. it should be that the third umpire only reverses the decision if he is certain that a gross mistake has been made, if the on field official is sure that there was a nick, even if there is no snicko, bilko or bolko proof to back up that decision, the benefit of the doubt should go to the batsman, otherwise the whole integrity and capability of the on field man is put in grave doubt
  • Options
    red_murph said:

haha gutted. people feeling sorry for an aussie. whatever next.......

I 'think', because in a lot of instances, cricket still doesn't have the full tribal edge that football does. Cricket I want to see good cricket, a good spectacle, and hopefully England win. Football I want my team to just get the result and not over bothered how they get it.

Might just be me

An interesting one AFKA. I massively want England to absolutely smash the Aussies, I work with loads of them and they wind me up no-end.

I think cricket is slightly different in that if you see something brilliant from an opposition player then in my opinion they rightfully get the respect they deserve, even if it is bloody annoying!

I've not seen footage of Agar walking off the pitch but I imagine he got a good send off and would have gotten a massively deserved standing ovation from the whole ground had he got his ton.
    Football might have a tribal edge, but if the opposition score an absolutely stunning goal, or if the goalscorer is a legend/really decent bloke, then they will usually get a ripple of applause, especially if the goal doesn't mean anything (e.g. if one team is well ahead).

With cricket, while I want to see England (or Kent ha ha) win, I also want to see a decent match. I remember going up to Edgaston to watch us play India 2 years ago in the Test. Tendulkar was out unluckily, India collapsed and the game was over by 3pm that day. It was great to get such a big win, but a bit more cricket and tension would have made the ocasion more memorable.
  • Options

I presume most people posting aren't actually watching. If the 3rd umpire had made the correct decisions the Aussies would have been all out for about 130/140 (can't recall the precise score).

Agar was 100% out of his ground and should have been given out stumped. There is absolutely no doubt in my mind.

We'd have led by 70 odd.

Then to add insult to injury, Trott gets given out lbw, when he more than likely got an inside edge & as there was most definitely doubt, the original not out decision should have stood.

If Erasmus had not made 2 incorrect decisions we'd now be about 110 in the lead with 1 wicket down.

Instead we trail by 28 with 2 wickets down.

I'm not usually one for being over critical of umpires & refs, but this guy had slow mo replays and still made the wrong decisions, which have turned this match on its' head !

I fully take your points regarding the incorrect decisions.

That said the players can only go with the decisions as made by the umpires.

The lad was (erroneously) given not out and proceeded, on his debut remember, to grab the game by the scruff of its neck and completely transform his team's position.

In those circumstances I stand by my earlier comment that it's a hard man who would have begrudged him his ton and I am as partisan an England fan as anyone.
  • Options
    Agar had the biggest smile on his face. He didn't seem upset, so nor was I.

Actually I was pleased & relieved that we're still in the game.
  • Options
    Pietersen is looking good .. think I'll have a few on him making a ton this innings
  • Options

Pietersen is looking good .. think I'll have a few on him making a ton this innings

Sssh :-)
  • Options
    (:->)
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!