Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Ashes

Comments

• Options
    The only hope is that we restrict their lead to 40 odd - and then bat well on a pitch that looks as dead as a doornail now.
  • Options
    Highest partnership of the match
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    England have turned into Kent.

Kent can never get the tail out either.
  • Options
    Does make you wonder what they are playing at bowling around the wicket to a left hander though. Bowl over the wicket, cramp him up and then stitch him up with the full and straight delivery. Ridiculous bowling short like that.

Fair play to Agar though. Cracking little cameo.
  • Options
    Thing is, it is not a normal tail end partnership. This guy will be spending most of his career around 6 in a test team once he has matured.

Thank god we had the start to the morning we did.
  • Options
    agree, but still bowled far too short to him this morning
  • Options
    Hurting us with Broad not being able to bowl. We have to hope he will be better for the Aussies second innings.
  • Options
    Gone from looking like having a 90+ lead to now maybe not having any lead at all
  • Options
    What is it with Aussie tail enders?
  • Options
    Agar batted at 3 for Henley :-(
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Hurting us with Broad not being able to bowl. We have to hope he will be better for the Aussies second innings.

Yeah, 'cos Broad always pitches it up :-)
  • Options
    50 for Agar. Great knock.
  • Options
    Same old england.never have the ability to kill teams off.if that was us in that situation we'd of been out for 120.embarrassing.
  • Options
    top knock in his first test, and an ashes test at that.
  • Options
    this kid is taking the piss now, another 6.
  • Options

Same old england.never have the ability to kill teams off.if that was us in that situation we'd of been out for 120.embarrassing.

To be fair- I recollect Monty being a last wicket hero a few times!
  • Options
    Yes he did but will Monty Finn or Anderson ever get a test 50.I very much doubt it.embarrassing.
  • Options
    Whole match has swung on a poor 3rd umpire decision. How can we not get it right when we have technology? Ridiculous, frustrated of Belvedere.
  • Options
    "Ashton Agar has scored the 2nd fastest fifty on Test debut by an Australian batsman (50 balls) – Adam Gilchrist holds the record (46 balls)"
  • Options

Whole match has swung on a poor 3rd umpire decision. How can we not get it right when we have technology? Ridiculous, frustrated of Belvedere.

to be fair it was out in my opinion. Odd that he didnt give it. As a regular number 11 myself I am however slightly enjoying this knock by Agar

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Great game, amazing what a bit of confidence can do
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    When is lunch? These two have rythm. Like being a new batsmen in when you come back out.
  • Options
    Lunch is 1:30
  • Options
    God help us if this kid gets a run a ball century... *with an attempted bok*
  • Options
    242-9 Oz lead by 27.
  • Options
    Glad I'm not able to watch this, sounds frustrating.
  • Options
    Agar is hitting everything in the middle, but we bowled utter bilge at times. Finn especially drifting down leg side.

Need some divine intervention at the moment.
  • Options
    England have well and truly had their pants pulled down here. Must've thought it was game over at 117-9 with a 19 year old number 11 walking in. Little did they know he is the new Don Bradman
  • Options
    Almost comedic batting him at number 11. This partnership is en route to batting England out the game if it carries on. England will need to rack up c400 in their innings.
  • Options
    This bloke should be opening for them. He's better than antyhing in their top order outside Clarke.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!