Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Ashes

Comments

• England's bowling is as good as the batting was inept
  • edited July 2013
    54-4

Rogers lbw Anderson 16
  • Cheers Lincs
  • Rudders22 said:

Cheers Lincs

it's nice to be right .. (occasionally (:->))))))))
  • 65-4 still 12 overs left tonight
  • LenGlover said:

65-4 still 12 overs left tonight

Play finishes at 6.30pm.
  • Rudders22 said:

Totally agree about Straus. Imagine if we had Boycott and Strauss in as commentators?

Have been out & about, listening to the BEEB commentary .. Blofeld and Boycott, the terrible Bs, both over 70 and WELL past their sell by date .. Blofeld umming and ahhing, got the eyesiight of a blind man, Boycott grumpy and insulting everybody, he's never wrong .. absolutely awful they are .. but I know the BBC will keep them going until both die .. perhaps their ages and opinions (ummm ahhhh) reflect the age of those BBC listeners who can still get emoted about test cricket (except for me of course)
    been listening to it as well. I think it's been great. I'm use to those two and I enjoy them. Always take boycotts opinions with a pinch of salt but enjoy his rants and blowers can be a master with the English language. In fact the whole team bring a lot to the table, different opinions and views, and different techniques when it comes to describing the action or the non action.
    was annoyed when the shipping forecast came on, missed the LBW of rogers.
  • Rudders22 said:

Totally agree about Straus. Imagine if we had Boycott and Strauss in as commentators?

Have been out & about, listening to the BEEB commentary .. Blofeld and Boycott, the terrible Bs, both over 70 and WELL past their sell by date .. Blofeld umming and ahhing, got the eyesiight of a blind man, Boycott grumpy and insulting everybody, he's never wrong .. absolutely awful they are .. but I know the BBC will keep them going until both die .. perhaps their ages and opinions (ummm ahhhh) reflect the age of those BBC listeners who can still get emoted about test cricket (except for me of course)
    been listening to it as well. I think it's been great. I'm use to those two and I enjoy them. Always take boycotts opinions with a pinch of salt but enjoy his rants and blowers can be a master with the English language. In fact the whole team bring a lot to the table, different opinions and views, and different techniques when it comes to describing the action or the non action.
    was annoyed when the shipping forecast came on, missed the LBW of rogers.
    we'll have to agree to differ on this one ...
  • Blofeld is simply embarrassing. He cannot see a thing.

Boycott is the best analyst in sport, let alone cricket.
  • Riviera said:

Blofeld is simply embarrassing. He cannot see a thing.

This.
  • Sponsored links:

• Riviera said:

May the cricket gods bowl you an 180mph bouncer!
    Shame on you

• Riviera said:

May the cricket gods bowl you an 180mph bouncer!
    Shame on you

Why?

Blowers is a lovely old man but he needs his co-commentator to tell him what has happened. I didn't hear him today but a number of times recently he hasn't even seen people get bowled.
  • Hey girls
    Hey boys
    Superstar DJ'S
    Here we go
  • and it sounds like Broad is still injured!
  • Get in there
  • 5 down 5 to go
  • Anderson gets Smith...

Ct Prior 53.

108/5
  • Magic, come on lads!
  • One brings two...

Haddin b Swann 1

113/6.
  • Now Haddin bowled Swan
  • Sponsored links:

• yeah!!!!
  • Lovely bowling from Swanny!
  • Come on, let's skittle them for 150 here
  • Another one
  • 7 wickets down!
  • P Siddy ct Prior Anderson 1

114/7.

A bit of reverse swing out there now.
  • Great catch as well
  • Damn a dropped one. That should have been caught !!
  • Swanny doesn't want Anderson to get five...
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!