Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Ashes

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2013
    Cook c Haddin b Pattinson 13

27-1 wicket out of nowhere for me. Apparently 89mph, the quickest ball of the morning.
  • Options
    swinging with a spade in his hand. cook out. pattinson bowled.
  • Options

Suspect its just me, but a home Ashes series just doesn't have the same buzz as an away one.

Na. More of a buzz when the ozzies had a decent lineup!
    No way! Far better when they're a poor team who we beat! They're fans are the world's sorest loosers!
  • Options

Cook c Haddin b Pattinson 13

Correct me if i'm wrong, but I don't think Cook ever plays well at Trent Bridge

• Options

Correct me if i'm wrong, but I don't think Cook ever plays well at Trent Bridge

It's a swinging/seaming sort of track and Cook being a left hander is susceptible to chasing the ball a bit. The Aussies also have a few left handers in their team.
  • Options
    Jeez, Strauss has got the most boring commentary voice ever!
  • Options
    Has Warner been sent home?

Thought his ban meant he was free to play in the tests?
  • Options

Clarke said they'd decided not to go with him as he was out of match practice.

• Options
    54-1 off 15 overs.

Trott 23no off 20. Going like a steam train. Queue Trott getting out.

• Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

Clarke said they'd decided not to go with him as he was out of match practice.

Ha ha that worked well then. Ban him so he's free for the tests, then don't play him because he hasn't played!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2013
    Root b Siddle 30

78-2.

They've only bowled a few decent balls all morning & got 2 wickets :-(
  • Options
    Cracking yorker from Siddle. Late swing too.
  • Options
    98/2 at lunch.
  • Options
    warner has been sent to play with Australia A against Zimbabwe.
  • Options
    98-2 at lunch.

An ok start by us, not good but not terrible either. Trott looks like he could bat all week.
  • Options
    Cook should have done better, but Root out fair and square. From what I've heard we will need to a decent first innings total because the pitch is pretty flat
  • Options
    The pitch looks dry in a couple of days it'll start to crack up - Australia will have to bat last on it and against Swann.
  • Options

The pitch looks dry in a couple of days it'll start to crack up - Australia will have to bat last on it and against Swann.

True, but I wouldn't want a big first innings deficit. Smith can tweak a bit, and Agar is an unknown quality... maybe they are trying to out-fox KP again by bringing in a left arm spinner? It worked so well last time with "X-Doh"

• Options
    KP out. 102-3
  • Options
    Not looking so clever now....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    124/4 Trott out. Oh shit.
  • Options
    128/4

Trott b Siddle 48.

A shame he was looking good - a bit of a self-induced wicket, playing at a wide ball and inside-edging into the stumps.
  • Options
    Big big trouble. With Cook, Pietersen and Trott out for less than 80 between them the batting line up looks a little bit brittle. We need the lower middle order and tail to fire now - bet they are wishing they picked Bresnan now!
  • Options
    I seem to remember England doing this in New Zealand. Now is not the time. Maybe we went in half-baked and underprepared again? We do that a lot in test series. Still not time to start panicking. sod it. PAAANNIIIIICCCCCCCCCC
  • Options
    169-4

Bell 20 Bairstow 27
  • Options
    The frustrating thing is, 3 of the 4 wickets are down to poor shot selection.
  • Options
    Nice 50 partnership has got us out of trouble
  • Options
    178-5

Bell c Watson b Siddle 25
  • Options
    Who said the Aussies were rubbish?!

I'm switching over to the Tour de France...
  • Options
    big innings needed from Prior.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!