Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Ashes

Comments

• Massive Leo Sayer coming.
  • Thank god I lost my job in time for the Ashes.
  • A day of BBC updates, Charlton Life and very little work beckons.
  • edited July 2013
    Don't think it will be as easy to beat the Aussies as some have predicted but reckon our quality will lead us to a 3-1 win.

Certainly think Australia's bowlers will be more of a threat than we think - if they stay fit.
  • I'm going to restrain myself today. No booze till midday.
  • Absolutely gutted, got to take my mum up London to hospital so will miss the first day. Looking forward to the highlights later tonight though.
  • Suspect its just me, but a home Ashes series just doesn't have the same buzz as an away one.
  • There's less buzz now we're favourites. Now I'm just scared we'll fluff it.
    Heard a rumour that Agar will play instead of lyon. Interesting
  • So excited! I'm going tomorrow, the Ashes still has the same buzz for me!

Agar gets the nod, hands the Baggie green by McGrath.
  • Sponsored links:

• pity about the weather, damp and cloudy .. this might be a good toss to lose, batting early on could be tricky but in the first test of a prestigious series, will it be a good move to ask the oppo to bat first ?
  • I've never seen Agar bowl, his Cricinfo page says he has played just ten FC matches before today:

http://www.espncricinfo.com/the-ashes-2013/content/current/player/505120.html

He played in the tour match v Worcs:

http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/566929.html

Average form in that match - three wickets for around 160 runs.
  • As far as I can see Lyon is not injured - I presume being a left-hander he's been selected to go after KP.
  • Finn plays
  • Suspect its just me, but a home Ashes series just doesn't have the same buzz as an away one.

I know what you mean.
    I'm thinking about organising honeymoon number 2 for this xmas to go back - otherwise it will be unbearable.

• edited July 2013
    England win the toss & bat first :-)

Cook Root Trott Pietersen Bell Bairstow Prior Broad Swann Anderson Finn.

Overcast conditions.
  • SR Watson, CJL Rogers, EJM Cowan, MJ Clarke*, PJ Hughes, SPD Smith, BJ Haddin†, PM Siddle, JL Pattinson, MA Starc, AC Agar
  • that could be the worst ever opening over in ashes history
  • The ball's swinging.

Harmison 2006. Set the sorry scene
  • Sponsored links:

Just trying to "improve" on Harmison!

• Can anyone please recommend a good website to stream the cricket? Bored at work!
  • and this one is shaping up to be the 2nd worst (:->)
  • why didn't Siddle start up ?
  • Whats the score
  • 10 for 0

Similar to an FA cup tie?

Amazing how far we've come in 15 years. I can't see it happening but I would love to 5-0 them!
  • McBobbin said:

that could be the worst ever opening over in ashes history

Harmison 2006. Set the sorry scene
    On the subject of 5-0s... Bloody hell, I had forgotten all about that! Worst ball ever.

Na. More of a buzz when the ozzies had a decent lineup!
  • Different batsmen , different techniques.

Cook is playing with his hands a bit too far in front of his body, almost shoving his hands at the ball.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!