Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Ashes

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2013
    England have got to wake up and wake up quickly here or they will have to bat for the next 2 and a half days to eek a draw. A new ball is an absolute eternity away. They need to stick to their lines and lengths at the very least. Finn has been garbage today.
  • Options
    Fair play to the lad, you cant bemoan if he gets his ton. Oh and I coping loads of flack over here!
  • Options
    out!
  • Options
    God - is it wrong that my heart is almost aching for the guy?!

Anyway - damage is done. What odds now and England collapse?
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    The poor sod. Caught on 98. Never thought I'd be disappointed not to see an Aussie get a ton. Stunning innings.
  • Options
    Actually felt really sorry for Agar, sort of wish we'd got him out two runs later!

Beggars can't be choosers though, we needed that wicket.

Well played by the lad.
  • Options
    At last. 65 lead is very handy.
  • Options
    Got to feel sorry for him.

On another note though, he should replace Cowan at number 3.
  • Options

God - is it wrong that my heart is almost aching for the guy?!

Anyway - damage is done. What odds now and England collapse?

You'd have to be a hard man to begrudge him what would have been a well deserved debut ton.

Let's hope our openers can bat as well as their number 11!
  • Options
    What a plonker.. He should have bid his time
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Haven't really got any excuses for a poor batting display now given the performance of Agar - very unlucky!
  • Options
    to be fair I'm gutted for the boy
  • Options
    He's an aussie... I celebrated when he was caught out.
    it was our only time where we could get him out unfortunately. Nervous trying to reach his 100, so he went for a big shot. otherwise he could of gone to 150. and we would be out in the field all day by the way it was going.
  • Options
    He was out when in single fingers, so no sympathy whatsoever. 3rd umpire has killed England.
  • Options
    TMO made a bad decision, but what's killed England is bowling rank shite.
  • Options
    Only following on BBC website and a bit of Sky Go on my mobile at work but think sometimes you just have to hold your hands up and say that was brilliant. Fair play young un', magnificent innings.
  • Options
    haha gutted. people feeling sorry for an aussie. whatever next.......
  • Options
    wasn't that a great innings to watch I don't really like cricket apart from the ashes for the rivalry but I doff my cap to that lad if all batsman played like that more people would warm to it glad he didn't get a ton because he is the enemy but well done stupid name
  • Options

Indeed. I wish he got run out on 99.
  • Options

I 'think', because in a lot of instances, cricket still doesn't have the full tribal edge that football does. Cricket I want to see good cricket, a good spectacle, and hopefully England win. Football I want my team to just get the result and not over bothered how they get it.

Might just be me

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    agree to a point

its the aussies
  • Options
    I danced round my office shouting for joy. But then again, I AM a bit classless.
  • Options

I 'think', because in a lot of instances, cricket still doesn't have the full tribal edge that football does. Cricket I want to see good cricket, a good spectacle, and hopefully England win. Football I want my team to just get the result and not over bothered how they get it.

Might just be me

An interesting one AFKA. I massively want England to absolutely smash the Aussies, I work with loads of them and they wind me up no-end.

I think cricket is slightly different in that if you see something brilliant from an opposition player then in my opinion they rightfully get the respect they deserve, even if it is bloody annoying!

I've not seen footage of Agar walking off the pitch but I imagine he got a good send off and would have gotten a massively deserved standing ovation from the whole ground had he got his ton.
  • Options
    I'd have cheered, done a dance, and then clapped him off. Bit like Big Mitch in Sydney....
  • Options

I'd have cheered, done a dance, and then clapped him off. Bit like Big Mitch in Sydney....

Sums it up much better than I just did Suzi!

• Options
    11- 1
  • Options
    I clapped Brett Lee in 2005. Because that was after they lost.
  • Options
    If I was at Trent Bridge and he got a century I would've given him a standing ovation, I wouldn't do the same if someone scored a hat-trick against Charlton. That's the difference between the two sports.

It's great that he got close but didn't make it. :-)
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

11- 1

Feck!
  • Options
    Australia need just 8 wickets then !!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!