Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Ashes

Comments

• Options
    Bell seems to be doing well, so expect him out soon.
  • Options

Almost!

• Options

Almost
  • Options
    174/5

Think we still need at least another 140 to make a game of it
  • Options
    Well I haven't see much from Bairstow in the Test arena to satisfy me he is a number 6 yet.
  • Options
    Need big innings from Bell and Prior here. If not, think that's it for this test.
  • Options
    edited July 2013

Need big innings from Bell and Prior here. If not, think that's it for this test.

I'm thinking the same. If one of these can make a ton, I'll think we may just edge it.

I think Prior can be our match winner.
  • Options
    The pitch is not easy to score runs on and with swann and anderson we have a chance!

Just need to get a 200 lead to let the bowlers do their stuff!
  • Options

I'm thinking the same. If one of these can make a ton, I'll think we may just edge it.

We are running out of options. Broad is injured and while he and Swann are half decent, neither is reliable. With hindsight, considering how much Finn sprayed it about, Bresnan should have played.
  • Options
    Anything under 200 lead and we're struggling. 200+ could be enough but 250 would make me feel as though it's still in the balance.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We have to bear in mind that the Aussies were 117-9 and would've been all out for 125 if Erasmus wasn't an idiot.

If Rogers and then Cowan go early, they could well panic.

• Options
    The wickets of Clark and Watson will be key I think.

Matt Prior seems to have increased our run rate, just hope he doesn't get out taking too many risks at this stage. Although batting tentatively has its own problems
  • Options
    Yes Clark and Watson will be key, i meant to say Rogers and Cowan will no doubt go early, then they're 2 down and might wobble a bit.
  • Options
    Looking decent, just need to keep the score ticking over and not lose any wickets.
  • Options
    Another hour of Prior will take away the game from Australia, as he's the sort of player who always scores runs quickly if he's at the crease. Very Gilchrist like
  • Options
    Lead by 150 now. I've got doubts over Finn and Broad's bowling, and the longer we leave it, te better for Swann... But we are in defendable in principle territory.
  • Options

Or maybe not!
  • Options
    He who lives by the sword...
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    223-6 Lead is 158

Prior c Cowan b Siddle 31

Bell 50 no
  • Options
    230-6 at tea. Lead is 165.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    265-6 England lead by 200
  • Options
    Blowers getting carried away on TMS, just mentioning Blow Jobs. Poor old Tuffers was rolling around.
  • Options
    We need more in my opinion.

As it stands Australia hold the initiative but a lead of 250 would be more or less even Stephen and 300 plus would favour England
  • Options
    reckon we will be just shy of a 300 lead by cop
  • Options
    have to say Bell's getting us out of the brown stuff here
  • Options
    Bell rarely gets the credit he deserves. Quality player.
  • Options
    WSS said:

Bell rarely gets the credit he deserves. Quality player.

Couldn't agree more. He's just passed 6000 Test runs today, with an average of 48, which is a fantastic record, never seems to get the coverage that Cook, Pietersen or Trott get though. Great player.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    WSS said:

Bell rarely deserves the credit he gets.

:-)
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Bell 77 no Broad 37 no Partnership 79

297-6 232 ahead
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!