Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

**Post-Millwall Arrangements | Leaving The Ground | Please Read**

Comments

• They can f*ck off, still going up Ransom Walk whether it's closed or not.
  • Yeah alright nathan
  • I can't believe that people are defending the polices' decision.

It's not only the polices' decision though. It's a joint decision with the club. The blame is shared 50/50 IMO.

I must admit that I posted on here initially trying to put the other case as I figured that the majority of us would be up in arms regardless of what the arrangements actually were.

Having given it some thought and read the rest of this thread though I'm finding it a real struggle to find much merit in the arrangements and put any kind of case on their behalf.

The only thing I can see the logic in is trying to move the smaller number of fans out of the area more quickly - if you actually had any faith in the police being able to accomplish this then you could at least see them achieving the end game of avoiding trouble, albeit at the cost of inconveniencing the majority.

Unfortunately I think there's a fair chance that the inconvenience will have been in vain come Saturday evening.
  • I've emailed Mick Everett asking who spawned this bright idea.
  • The bigger issue will be in the ground as Cafc have a history of not removing away fans in home areas until its too late

If we are all locked in and the OB are busy outside could be interesting
  • edited March 2013
    we were asking Mick, and wanted clarification of rumours, as there was nothing official, hope that's OK? :)
  • PopIcon said:

I've emailed Mick Everett asking who spawned this bright idea.

He could of done a lot to prevent this , no?!
  • What time will the police block the area? How early would I have to leave in order to be able to miss all this?
  • Yeah alright nathan

I don't want to go the other way, in fact, I don't even know the other way via the level crossing
  • Ask the Charlton cozzers they would've told you mate

I can't believe people are surprised or angry
  • Sponsored links:

Best of British to you, Prior.

• Jarman said:

PopIcon said:

I've emailed Mick Everett asking who spawned this bright idea.

He could of done a lot to prevent this , no?!
    Prothero is the top man now I believe.
  • Yeah alright nathan

I don't want to go the other way, in fact, I don't even know the other way via the level crossing
    Come out of the ground, turn right, end of the road turn left. It's not hard, just follow the others going that way!

My Mum will hold your hand if you're scared :-)
  • Anyone who thinks this is genuinely the best option is just being deliberately belligerent.

Maybe some of us dont want/dont have the time to have a pint of watered down piss in the north stand, especially after a defeat.

Im almost tempted to say I cant be arsed, but I know I will be.

This is Charlton all over....

Ive changed my mind on not wanting Millwall to go down...

Brilliant! Post-match entertainment. I look forward to watching that!
  • I can't believe that people are defending the polices' decision.

It's not only the polices' decision though. It's a joint decision with the club. The blame is shared 50/50 IMO.
    Well let's wait and see what other info we find out before buying into that. There have been other cases which were allegedly joint decisions but in reality the club felt they had no choice but to do what the police wanted. The police will have to answer my FOI request for Thursday's meeting minutes, unfortunately they have until 16 April to provide it.

• Really sending a message to the yobs there Charlton....
    Hearing from the Liaison officer at Huddersfield this was decided weeks ago. Club categorically didn't want Millwall kept back due to potential seat damage. And of course theres a few quid to be made when you have the only alcohol outlet in miles and thousands of captive customers.
  • edited March 2013
    I'm guessing that it's because they want no meeting of the 2 sets of fans, a la Palace away. Whether that works remains to be seen, as doubtful as it is.

What pisses me off is that we the majority are being treated as criminals, the HOME fans. Regardless of what did or didn't happen over there, or what intelligence they have, I find that very, very hard to justify.

It was decided weeks ago. Apart from what people here have said, I mentioned the fact the lower north bars were announced ages ago as being left open, and they can't organise resources, manpower, tactics etc with only 48 hours' notice. It also annoys me we're being lied to by the club, because of those scumbags down the road.
  • Does this not leave it open for an ambush scenario at London Bridge?
  • Croydon said:

Does this not leave it open for an ambush scenario at London Bridge?

Yup - going to be a bundle of laughs once we finally get there. Those travelling back into London are typically spread over 2/3 trains for a normal game. If we're all held and queueing to get in, there's likely to be two or three thousand Addicks turn up at London Bridge on one train...
  • Sponsored links:

• Anyone who thinks this is genuinely the best option is just being deliberately belligerent.

Maybe some of us dont want/dont have the time to have a pint of watered down piss in the north stand, especially after a defeat.

This is Charlton all over.....

Have to agree does have you feeling that way, if it wasn't for my season ticket i wouldn't bother going, to keep back home fans is a joke especially if we suffer a defeat, they have left it last minute to announce this so they could get all the ticket sales in 1st. Who ever arranged this is a complete prick.

• Just to be pendantic I think ALL 18,000 or so Charlton supporters should take the club up on their offer and "pop" into the North Lower bar (or whever it is that is going to be open) and get a drink.........I'd love to see the chaos that ensues !!!

I , for one, will be making my protest during the game.
  • Just to be pendantic I think ALL 18,000 or so Charlton supporters should take the club up on their offer and "pop" into the North Lower bar (or whever it is that is going to be open) and get a drink.........I'd love to see the chaos that ensues !!!

Intriguing! How?

This is Charlton all over.....

Have to agree does have you feeling that way, if it wasn't for my season ticket i wouldn't bother going, to keep back home fans is a joke especially if we suffer a defeat, they have left it last minute to announce this so they could get all the ticket sales in 1st. Who ever arranged this is a complete prick.

Agree with you, but, although I have never met him, Mick Everett is said to be proper Charlton, sensible, and knowing what's what. I'm really reluctant to believe it's his idea.

Intriguing! How?
    by booing ?

• Cuff said:

Really sending a message to the yobs there Charlton....
    Hearing from the Liaison officer at Huddersfield this was decided weeks ago. Club categorically didn't want Millwall kept back due to potential seat damage. And of course theres a few quid to be made when you have the only alcohol outlet in miles and thousands of captive customers.

IF (and it's a big if) the club have put profits before safety this is unforgiveable and something for the Trust to look into. This does unfortunately appear to be a distinct possibility, given that all the local pubs are shut (presumably on police advice), and yet the club will continue to sell alcohol to away fans. I have been to many away trips where we have been unable to buy alcohol inside the ground, even against teams where we have no particular rivalry, and this decision does seem baffling. I really hope it's not going to come back to bite us.

• Maybe I'm missing something here, but how are we being 'kept back'? Unless the police pull something at the top end of Harvey Gardens, I'm hoping to be at Woolwich Dockyard and on a train within 30 minutes of the final whistle. Sorry if I'm wrong about this, will gladly be put right so I can plan this properly.
  • What a mess.
  • I believe I mentioned it earlier up, we do also have a fans forum too, although it is made up from the various fan groups and branches and only meets at the whim of the club, but yes CAS Trust will be asking that question if an when we get an opportunity to do so.

I believe the club will begin to listen to us more if we show mass membership, we are growing but a long way off that, so the message is you know what to do..
  • Not one to criticise my club but that decision is ridiculous. Its Millwall that causes the trouble, inconvenience them not your loyal paying home fans. Your not telling me Millwall fans are all gonna go quietly and completely clear the area in 25 mins. Like others say this likely to be more like 45min/1 hour.

Alternative stay in the north stand and have a beer! The queue is bad enough at half time without half the east and west stand in there as well!!

no chance of getting a beer, keep them fuckers in for an hour or however long it takes.