Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

**Post-Millwall Arrangements | Leaving The Ground | Please Read**

Comments

• davejrich said:

Charlton are not being kept in - you can leave just not aloud to proceed to the station or have a beer. I guess what the police want to do is get the scumwall away from the ground as quickly and as easy as possible - they will kettle them to the station just like we had to do at palarse - dont really see what the big deal is.

But most of them won't be going by train.

• davejrich said:

Charlton are not being kept in - you can leave just not aloud to proceed to the station or have a beer. I guess what the police want to do is get the scumwall away from the ground as quickly and as easy as possible - they will kettle them to the station just like we had to do at palarse - dont really see what the big deal is.

They will be afterwards

• No they won't
  • edited March 2013

davejrich said:

And your point is?

They can leave by train or by police van, I couldn't give a toss which it is!

Someone posted earlier that they were advised this would happen when they bought tickets.
  • Evening officer
  • You are effectively being kept in if:

A - you want to use the station.
    B - you park in the roads to the western side of the ground.

why would you do a 25 minute clockwise circuit of the ground (much of it uphill) to get to your car parked over the western side when you are apparently only being held up for 25 mins.

• edited March 2013
    This completely buggers up my plans for after the game to, why do they have to announce it so late?
  • Chill out everyone. Going to piss down with rain for most of tomorrow. Even the most moronic Millwall fan when he is cold and wet is probably going to want to go home.

What interests me is why this has only been announced now. On an earlier thread, a few people were saying they were told this at the Peterboro' away game. So is all this stuff about a meeting yesterday to decide this just nonsense? (In fact, someone posted on that earlier thread "why don't we keep away fans in for 20 mins after high risk games" a reply to an enquiry about after match arrangements from Mick Everitt which said "I can advise you that the Police meeting for the Millwall game has not yet taken place, so no decisions have been made regarding the post-match operation. Once we are aware of the details, the club will advise supporters accordingly".

So is our own club lying to us about how long this has all been planned ?
  • edited March 2013

This completely buggers up my plans for after the game to, why do they have to announce it so late?

So they get your money.

If they announced it earlier you might give it up as a bad job and too much hassle.

Season ticket holders of course have already paid so the Club don't really give a monkeys whether they attend or not.
  • Do people reckon it'd be quicker if I went to the other platform, went one station down and got a train from there?
  • Sponsored links:

• If scum lose they wont clear the ground and will rip up seats anyway, if they win they wont leave, they will stay to goad us, so not sure how the club expect to clear them in 25min. Also there has not been any thing said to say that they will be forced onto trains has there? This is an assumption? I feel they will be left to disperse as they wish to their cars / train or by foot with the majority kicking off because thats what they do best.
  • LenGlover said:

So they get your money.

If they announced it earlier you might give it up as a bad job and too much hassle.

Season ticket holders of course have already paid so the Club don't really give a monkeys whether they attend or not.
    Well I'm a season ticket holder : (
  • "Club categorically didn't want Millwall kept back due to potential seat damage."

Sounds like a good argument for a water cannon or two - would also put out any flares/fireworks that the idiots might let off. But no lets inconvenience the innocent - or at least those with the better record for crowd behaviour. Its bad enough that the game had to be brought forward to accomodate the behaviour of our neighbours.
  • davejrich said:

And your point is?

They can leave by train or by police van, I couldn't give a toss which it is!

Someone posted earlier that they were advised this would happen when they bought tickets.
    So why has their site advertised get their early as parking may be a problem, are you sure of your facts?

• edited March 2013
    I haven't read a thread on here with so much bedwetting for ages. Particularly from people on here, that we know drive to the games.

If you drive & normally park towards the station, then park somewhere else, it ain't that bleedin' difficult.

If you need the station, then yes, it ain't good, but after the way some of our "fans" behaved at Millwall & Palace, we're now getting the start of the comeuppance.

We can't have a number of "fans" causing trouble at derby games & then expect the club/police to not react.

We aren't being kept in. We're being prevented from getting to the train station for 30 mins.

Millwall aren't in a much better position. The're all being shipped on the 1st trains out, straight to New Cross or London Bridge 1st stop (even if they've parked up the road LOL).

Some people need to get a grip.
  • I think I might hang around the North Lower & have a couple of beers after the game
  • SE10 said:

Get those 3,000 cocaine snorting, Burberry wearing, wife beating, Stella drinking, BNP voting, tower block dwelling, Sun reading, benefit claiming, drug dealing, 'tooled up', Jeremy Kyle show guests OUT OF OUR GROUND AND BACK TO THEIR HOVELS AS FAST AS POSSIBLE.

Comment says alot more about you tbh.

• Don't Panic! Don't Panic! It's only a game.
  • SE10 said:

@OrmistonAddick

Nope.

Just not everyones at Charlton is as middle class as you or want us to be portrayed as such.

Grew up on a shithole estate, read the sun, don't mind Stella, have used the odd illegal substance in the past, probably have a different political view to you. Does that mean I should fuck off then as I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who doesn't quite fit your little fantasy as who should support Charlton.

glad someone speaks sense!
  • I haven't read a thread on here with so much bedwetting for ages. Particularly from people on here, that we know drive to the games.

If you drive & normally park towards the station, then park somewhere else, it ain't that bleedin' difficult.

If you need the station, then yes, it ain't good, but after the way some of our "fans" behaved at Millwall & Palace, we're now getting the start of the comeuppance.

We can't have a number of "fans" causing trouble at derby games & then expect the club/police to not react.

We aren't being kept in. We're being prevented from getting to the train station for 30 mins.

Millwall aren't in a much better position. The're all being shipped on the 1st trains out, straight to New Cross or London Bridge 1st stop (even if they've parked up the road LOL).

Some people need to get a grip.

If you really think every Millwall fan is going to shepherded onto a train to London then I think it is you that needs to get a grip my friend.

Good luck finding a parking spot on the east side.
  • Sponsored links:

• LenGlover said:

I am a lawabiding citizen and football is a leisure activity.

I do not attend matches to be treated as a common criminal and falsely imprisoned.

I don't know whether the police or Charlton are behind this absurd scheme but, in my experience, if the powers that be in any walk of life are allowed to get away with oppressive behaviour once they get the taste for it and repeat that behaviour.

Charlton, if they are the instigators of this, might think they are being clever in making a one-off killing on bar profits from a captive (literally) audience but people like me will not renew their season tickets if they are to be treated in this fashion on an ongoing basis.

No decent lawabiding fans, home or away, should be oppressed and effectively imprisoned whilst attending a game of football but IF it has to happen then it should be the fans of the team with the greater hooligan reputation, Millwall, who suffer.

If the police are behind this then the scum amongst our support who threw seats, flares, vandalised toilets and cars at away games this season have a lot to answer for.

Once again the decent lawabiding majority suffer.

Well said mate, sadly there will be a few morons here who will try and ridicule you...here we go line em up....
  • One of the few realistic comments on this thread. I was at both Millwall and Palace away and the behaviour of some Charlton 'supporters' was appalling. However keeping us behind is rather a strange strategy to say the least.
  • I think I might hang around the North Lower & have a couple of beers after the game

If they could open and Bartrams and the other lounges for a few hours after the game AND show the rugby one could begin to forgive.

Making it a £1 a pint would also help.

• So what's the arrangements BEFORE the game. Have Charlton fans got to wait while Millwall fans buy the programme first. Have we got to wait while they are shown to their seats or do we have to be seated first before they take their seats.

Or do Millwall supporters only get obnoxious after a certain time of day, rather like some South London Gremlins? Hope it ain't raining tomorrow!
  • I didn't like the idea. But if it means I don't have to be within 100 metres of these goons i'm all for it