Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

**Post-Millwall Arrangements | Leaving The Ground | Please Read**

Comments

• Clubs a joke.
  • Seems reasonable enough to me - especially as they're opening the bars so you can have a beer while you wait!
  • they can't win whatever they do
  • so instead of Millwall fans missing the additional train services to London, Charlton fans will (those that go that way)
  • Perfectly reasonable, the fake outrage brigade will be up in arms though
  • Eh, it's only one game, I'll get over it.
  • let's face it if millwall weren't long of complete c**** up to their elbows these measures would not have to be in place
  • The North lower is going to be rammed.
  • why dont they keep Millwall behind after?
  • any club that requires these measures shouldn't be allowed an allocation, its totally ridiculous
  • Sponsored links:

• Once again catering for Millwall fans needs first so of you want to get a train you have to either wait ages or go round the houses doubt it will be a 25 min wait either
  • so instead of Millwall fans missing the additional train services to London, Charlton fans will (those that go that way)

I assume they mean the 'direct to London Bridge' train that normally goes about 17:20 normal matchdays and isn't any quicker than one of the earlier trains anyway.....

A bit inconvenient but TBH it's a frequent service back into London. Glad the club has been upfront so I can plan my day rather than giving a garbled message 10 mins before full time

prolly don't want them breaking up the seats en masse cos they'll be bored
  • edited March 2013
    only bar open for 30 mins is north lower, so what about everyone else? And why has this only been communicated so late? We are effectively locking our own fans in because of this lot.

I thought any damage is paid for by them? The Jimmy Seed could do with a makeover.
  • If we win, and that is a mighty big IF. I'll let this one slide..

I thought any damage is paid for by them? The Jimmy Seed could do with a makeover.
    CAFC pay for the damage, not the away club.
  • edited March 2013
    I've never heard of keeping the home fans in after a match before. Every other club keeps the away fans in after the game.
    However if we win tomorrow I don't care.
    Does anyone know if Bartrams stays open after home matches and will it be open after the game tomorrow ?
  • It's 25 minutes for fuck sake.

Couple of beers in the lower north then head to the station.

Job done.
  • It will be more than 25 mins you can guarantee that
  • Sponsored links:

• Pisstake. Delay 18,000 Charlton fans to let 3,000 of them get away quickly.
  • Saying that walk up do a right at the oak then walk down Woolwich road could do that fifteen minutes to station
  • nolly said:

It will be more than 25 mins you can guarantee that

You're probably right Nolly, but is it realy a big deal? If you want to go and get a train straight away, have a walk to Woolwich Dockyard.
  • edited March 2013

why dont they keep Millwall behind after?

CAFC pay for the damage, not the away club.
    yep home clubs pay for the damage away fans cause
  • It is a bit of a joke inconveniencing us for that lot to be honest. I understand the reasons but surely it is easier for the police to control 3,300 people rather than the carnage of 21,000?

How many people will even see this announcement? People will be left in the dark until the last minute.

No doubt a load of Charlton will leave early anyway for a bit of rumbling.
  • It's 25 minutes for fuck sake.

Couple of beers in the lower north then head to the station.

Job done.

Tsk tsk being far too reasonable Brendan.
  • So why didnt we rip out more at the toolbox then?!!!
  • Only them, only fucking them.

Nolly is right it will be lots more than 25 minutes. Just keep them idiots behind for as long as is needed.
  • edited March 2013
    If you are desperate to leave. which if we lose i'll be going the other two main ways to get out, either ransom road or charlton lane leading on to the heights or to the village. unless of course they have somehow blocked those off but i don't think they have. And for any trouble makers out there... get your running shoes on. cos you'll never reach the spanners in time if you walk.
  • Fuck it.

We'll probably be 3-0 down with ten to go anyway.