Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

**Post-Millwall Arrangements | Leaving The Ground | Please Read**

Comments

• I doff my cap to the utter cretins who dreamed this up. What planet do these people live on for Christ's sake? What a frigging joke!
  • The more I think about it, including the ticketless "Wall" fans, this really *could* be a recipe for disaster!
  • edited March 2013
    Nicholas said:

The thing is, are Millwall fans going to leave at the final whistle quickly and cooperate with Police to make sure everybody gets out quickly and safely? No. They're not. They're going to make it as difficult as possible for everyone. Charlton fans will get pissed off because they will be waiting for more than 25 minutes and everything plan will be chucked out of the window.

The club say that it's too dangerous for all home fans to fit up Ransom Walk but it's acceptable for East, West and North Lower fans to use the North Lower bars.

It all sounds like a recipe for disaster.

This

So after the game a few thousand will be leaving the North Lower whilst a few thousand are going to try and get in, yep I can see a few problems with that.
    Indeed. And no point putting a time scale on it, I suspect I'll still be in Charlton come 3:30pm. Thankfully for me I'm in the lower north but from experience at big games, anyone coming in for a beer may as well sit in their seat after the game for an hour.

I know this isn't strictly the club's fault but it has pissed me off, especially when barely anything happened over there in December. It has been blown way out of proportion.
  • All a bit of a joke really and once again our club are trying the very best to make us look mugs .
    Probably the only stadium in world football where those measures will be accepted .
    Lock them in after for 20 mins , end of !
    If our club is so concerned why have they openly been selling tickets to scum in home areas ? I personally know of 2 separate cases where this has happened .
  • Did I miss something in the club statement, cos I didn't see anything anout Charlton being "held back"

All I saw was something saying that Floyd Road would be closed of for 25 minutes. It's not like it's the only way to leave the ground!

Hardly the end of the world and I certainly don't feel "alieanated" seems like common sense, but then I suppose some people have to have something to get themselves in a state over!
  • edited March 2013

Rothko said:

Bottom of Charlton Lane is going to be fun when the level crossing closes, to let the Millwall trains come through

going to be even more fun when the lot that haven't been to the game read the statement and make that their first port of call.

THIS

This arrangement is only going to cause more trouble than without it. Instead of scuffles between Millwall and Charlton, there will now be Millwall against the police on the way back to the station, quite probably Charlton against the police with people trying to break the line to get home early, I think it's inevitable there will be Charlton against Charlton in the North Lower with over cramming and the police presence required to stop too many people piling in, and then on top of all that, those of us that give in and walk the long way round to get home are now sitting ducks for all the non-ticket holding Neanderthals that will have worked out where we're all being funnelled. Absolute joke....

I'm bringing my boys 10 and 12 tomorrow because I felt that whatever happened we could keep our heads down and avoid trouble, now tomorrow thanks to the police I fear it will be unavoidable.

We're still going but what complete mugs the police are. After this and Selhurst any respect I might have had is going down the toilet fast.
  • Im more pissed off with the comment about enabling Millwall fans to get the extra trains... what about us?
    Any fan should be rightly fucked off with that as it makes us look stupid.

Ill be heading out on the whistle and up Charlton lane. Was going that way anyway.

• And there it is. 24 hours before the game and people are already slagging off the police!
  • And there it is. 24 hours before the game and people are already slagging off the police!

Are you the one on here that was defending the Selhurst kettling?

• _nam11 Member
    10:28AM
    People liven up. Could be worse!

Getting rid of 3000 is easier and quicker than getting rid of 18000. Do the math.

Getting rid of us first takes longer, gives the scum more time to wreck the place.

Easier for police to get rid of 3000, and keep an eye on/ and remove any potential muppets who want to stay behind and cause trouble.

Forget "it's unfair" blah blah blah. It's common sense.

No one is a victim of staying behind 25 mins or even longer. The main priority is to ensure the safety of everyone. If staying an extra 30-45 mins after the game, ruins your weekend, you need to get some help.

The trouble is after the game there will be at least 50% of the away crowd looking for a row, where as 1 or 2% of the home crowd looking for trouble
    Therefore it makes more sense to let the home fans out to go home then when the away tossers come out there will be no one for them to fight???
    It's not rocket science
  • Sponsored links:

• edited March 2013
    If you're in the lower north I bet the club don't let you take a beer up to the seats to make room as well.

God I f'n hate Millwall.
  • Rothko said:

Bottom of Charlton Lane is going to be fun when the level crossing closes, to let the Millwall trains come through

going to be even more fun when the lot that haven't been to the game read the statement and make that their first port of call.

THIS

This arrangement is only going to cause more trouble than without it. Instead of scuffles between Millwall and Charlton, there will now be Millwall against the police on the way back to the station, quite probably Charlton against the police with people trying to break the line to get home early, I think it's inevitable there will be Charlton against Charlton in the North Lower with over cramming and the police presence required to stop too many people piling in, and then on top of all that, those of us that give in and walk the long way round to get home are now sitting ducks for all the non-ticket holding Neanderthals that will have worked out where we're all being funnelled. Absolute joke....

I'm bringing my boys 10 and 12 tomorrow because I felt that whatever happened we could keep our heads down and avoid trouble, now tomorrow thanks to the police I fear it will be unavoidable.

We're still going but what complete mugs the police are. After this and Selhurst any respect I might have had is going down the toilet fast.
    Why not open all the bars? We'll be there with kids so NL is probably not an option and I really don't fancy hanging around for an hour waiting to get to the station if it's pissing down with rain...
  • Did I miss something in the club statement, cos I didn't see anything anout Charlton being "held back"

All I saw was something saying that Floyd Road would be closed of for 25 minutes. It's not like it's the only way to leave the ground!

Ok i'll humour you, if you're a Charlton fan and you need to get a train back, then what way do you advise us going?

Wasn't defending it but didn't have a problem with it either.

Wasn't defending it but didn't have a problem with it either.
    despite the fact that local residents also pointed out how ridiculous it was?
  • Yep, because even if you come out the ground, run around past The Oak, down Woolwich Road the police will STILL stop you before you get to the station.

You'll be held back at somepoint somewhere if you leave the ground and want to go to the station.
  • edited March 2013
    No surprise to me.

In society at large the decent majority suffer and are inconvenienced because of the scummy minority. Why would anyone expect it to be any different at Charlton?

The decision now is whether or not to bother with this match and the attendant hassle given that I desperately want to watch the Grand Slam decider and have quite a long journey home.

The England game starts at five so do I risk missing the start knowing that being imprisoned for "25 minutes" is likely to be a conservative estimate as police and stewards love their little bit of power.

Give someone a brightly coloured fluorescent jacket and watch him turn into Adolf Hitler reincarnated. We've all encountered them!
  • I can understand why people are pissed off BUT in this situation you have to focus on the main objective: Get those 3,000 cocaine snorting, Burberry wearing, wife beating, Stella drinking, BNP voting, tower block dwelling, Sun reading, benefit claiming, drug dealing, 'tooled up', Jeremy Kyle show guests OUT OF OUR GROUND AND BACK TO THEIR HOVELS AS FAST AS POSSIBLE.

Seriously, having to play host to Millwall is like having a sex offender burgle your house, the whole experience just makes you feel grubby and in need of a long, hot shower.
  • edited March 2013
    Is it inconvenient? yes I'm sure for some it probably is, it'll probably be inconvenient for me but the point I'm making is it's one game and is it really that inconvenient?

Is it really so difficult to make alternative arrangements for one game? Did anyone really expect that this game wasn’t going to be handled differently?
  • I can understand why people are pissed off BUT in this situation you have to focus on the main objective: Get those 3,000 cocaine snorting, Burberry wearing, wife beating, Stella drinking, BNP voting, tower block dwelling, Sun reading, benefit claiming, drug dealing, 'tooled up', Jeremy Kyle show guests OUT OF OUR GROUND AND BACK TO THEIR HOVELS AS FAST AS POSSIBLE.

Seriously, having to play host to Millwall is like having a sex offender burgle your house, the whole experience just makes you feel grubby and in need of a long, hot shower.

Can we have this up as banner please?

• Sponsored links:

Hardly the end of the world and I certainly don't feel "alieanated" seems like common sense, but then I suppose some people have to have something to get themselves in a state over!

I get where you are coming from, but....

- the vast majority of our home crowd exit via Floyd Rd or Ransom Walk. This is effectively not being allowed to happen. It will be longer than 25 mins.

- If from the West Stand you want to make the 90 second walk to the station at the end of the game, it will add 1 mile to your walk.

- This seems to be fully focused on catering for the away fans whilst disrupting the home fans. If you look at it in business terms, that is pissing off your lifeblood and making them feel secondary importance.

- the effective hearding of Charlton fans on Harvey Gardens outside the back of the North Lower has the potential to cause more hassle than it solves. What happens if more congregate there than envisaged ? What happens if there is pushing a la Palace away ? Will the police control that by drawing batons again and setting dogs off ?

- What happens if a Charlton group walk the long way round and get to the station the same time millwall are still there ?

- What happens once all the Millwall fans are hearded back to the station ? They can't force them all on trains as some will have drove. What happens when pockets start walking in all different directions before the home fans are 'released' ? What happens to their groups that get on trains and get off at say Greenwich or Woolwich ?

Not announcing any details and holding Millwall in for 15 mins would have taken out virtually every part of the above. And if the police genuinely feel they cannot manage this game with 3,000 away fans then there should have been an away fan ban, or a limited allocation.
  • edited March 2013
    Shag said:

I think it might be a case of just putting them on a train back to London Bridge whether they like it or not , same thing happens in west ham/millwall fixtures

Lets hope so. First stop London Bridge.

• Shag said:

I think it might be a case of just putting them on a train back to London Bridge whether they like it or not , same thing happens in west ham/millwall fixtures

The difference here is that the majority of Millwall/West ham fans will live nowhere near each other so have to get on trains out of the other teams area. Loads of Millwall live in our area and need to get the same trains. If they're all stuck on a london bound train but need to go the opposite way, they will be getting off at Greenwich, Lewisham, London bridge etc and you will have big groups of them roaming around for when Charlton get there 20/30/40 minutes later.
  • I agree that the club could never get this right and the havnt !
  • Crazy decision but i would like to make a request for us fans unable to attend, live commentary of the after match farce that is going to happen. ;-)

Is this just our local police over reacting or the norm for most clubs when Millwall visit?

BRILLIANT!
  • Crazy decision but i would like to make a request for us fans unable to attend, live commentary of the after match farce that is going to happen. ;-)

Is this just our local police over reacting or the norm for most clubs when Millwall visit?

It's OK if the aftermath of the Selhurst post-match events is anything to go by there will be endless analysis and reanalysis for the next week!

Hopefully with all of us saying that we over reacted today and what a good decision it was by the police after all... hmmm
  • I can't believe that people are defending the polices' decision.
  • I think AFKA has covered every error with this idea. Something will go wrong guaranteed, and the fans will be blamed for not following the club's advice.
  • It's not exactly going to be 17k innocent Charlton desperate to get away and avoid Millwall at all costs just like it won't be 3k Millwall eating babies and smashing everything/one in sight.