Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

**Post-Millwall Arrangements | Leaving The Ground | Please Read**

Comments

• If they win wont their fans hang around in the JS afterwards anyway to taunt us, can see the 25 minutes being more like 5 - how long does it take 3000 dim Spanners to empty a stand in the best of circumstances?
  • This is taking the piss.
  • Pisstake. Delay 18,000 Charlton fans to let 3,000 of them get away quickly.

Agreed

WSS said:

I think this has been pushed by the police rather than Charlton in my opinion. Bottling it.

Yep

• and there were those insisting this would be like any other charlton v millwall match, not affecting the 'normal fan'.
  • 25 minutes is a huge under estimation in my opinion, will be more like an hour.

If they win, they'll be hanging around to gloat then smashing things up and trying to break through the police cordon. If they lose, they'll be smashing things up and trying to break through the police cordon.
  • If it's a draw then they'll open floyd road as normal and we can all swap scarfs
  • can't believe I have got to walk the long way round to get my coach whilst having to carry three blankets and two flasks. It's outrageous.
  • I thought the 20% increase in season tickets was to cover the cost of new seats , mines a bit faded...
  • Who's worse off though? They get kettled & sent all over the place. No doubt most of them be going back on themselves.

All the pikeys go back up to LB & no doubt the Oak,Bugle etc are more inclined to open & serve the locals.

All the while spotty pikeys are getting irrate at the overzealous plod & end up paying well over the odds for a pint at LB.
  • can't believe I have got to walk the long way round to get my coach whilst having to carry three blankets and two flasks. It's outrageous.

Blimey , you like to stay warm Large? :-0

• Sponsored links:

:-)
  • LOUD NOISES
  • Maybe this a clever tactic to wind up the Charlton fans and get an atmosphere going?
  • Jarman said:

Who's worse off though? They get kettled & sent all over the place. No doubt most of them be going back on themselves.

All the pikeys go back up to LB & no doubt the Oak,Bugle etc are more inclined to open & serve the locals.

All the while spotty pikeys are getting irrate at the overzealous plod & end up paying well over the odds for a pint at LB.

I bet police don't put every spanner on the trains.
  • what happens with all the Millwall fans in the home end? how will they be able to get to the connecting train?
  • what happens with all the Millwall fans in the home end? how will they be able to get to the connecting train?

They will be able to identify themselves to the nearest steward, proving their Millwall credentials by showing their calloused knuckles, then chauffeur driven to a destination of their choice.
  • Has anyone taken into consideration how all these "overseas" fans are going to get home after the game?????
  • shuttle to city airport? :D
  • I think the people to feel for, are those unsuspecting travellers already on the first train into Charlton after the game, suddenly being surrounded by 3,000 soap dodging morons. Have a pleasant journey!
  • 25 minutes is a huge under estimation in my opinion, will be more like an hour.

If they win, they'll be hanging around to gloat then smashing things up and trying to break through the police cordon. If they lose, they'll be smashing things up and trying to break through the police cordon.

I'm afraid I agree with Chris. It's going to be a looooong day.
  • Sponsored links:

• Bottom of Charlton Lane is going to be fun when the level crossing closes, to let the Millwall trains come through
  • Only Charlton could come up with this.........as someone said earler, alieanating your own fans in favour of holigans, keeping back 18k and not 3k

WELL DONE CHARLTON.
  • Rothko said:

Bottom of Charlton Lane is going to be fun when the level crossing closes, to let the Millwall trains come through

yes, we could get the train numbers.
  • Taking my dad to the game and he has real trouble walking. So deliberately bought tickets in the NWC to be near Ransom Walk. Now faced with a walk all round the houses. Or sit and wait for half an hour. What the f***.

So

i) Late announcement - muppets
    ii) Wrong decision anyway, Millwall should be kept in for half an hour - muppets
  • Will be at least an hour. No-one knows what the Spanners are going to do, or our lot. Not everyone will want to cram into the North Lower. Coppers will play it by ear, meaning a guaranteed farce.

I think it's incredible how we are the ones inconvenienced, but as mentioned above, was to be expected.

Having said all this, if we win thanks to Yann in the 92nd minute, I really could not give a flying one!! :-D
  • edited March 2013
    deffo long day, so is Ransom walk going to be blocked too? can see that being a serious and nasty bottle neck otherwise, not good. Can see the spanners kicking off with the Police if they get the treatment we got at Palace too.
  • The thing is, are Millwall fans going to leave at the final whistle quickly and cooperate with Police to make sure everybody gets out quickly and safely? No. They're not. They're going to make it as difficult as possible for everyone. Charlton fans will get pissed off because they will be waiting for more than 25 minutes and everything plan will be chucked out of the window.

The club say that it's too dangerous for all home fans to fit up Ransom Walk but it's acceptable for East, West and North Lower fans to use the North Lower bars.

It all sounds like a recipe for disaster.
  • edited March 2013

The thing is, are Millwall fans going to leave at the final whistle quickly and cooperate with Police to make sure everybody gets out quickly and safely? No. They're not. They're going to make it as difficult as possible for everyone. Charlton fans will get pissed off because they will be waiting for more than 25 minutes and everything plan will be chucked out of the window.

The club say that it's too dangerous for all home fans to fit up Ransom Walk but it's acceptable for East, West and North Lower fans to use the North Lower bars.

It all sounds like a recipe for disaster.

This

So after the game a few thousand will be leaving the North Lower whilst a few thousand are going to try and get in, yep I can see a few problems with that.
  • Rothko said:

Bottom of Charlton Lane is going to be fun when the level crossing closes, to let the Millwall trains come through

going to be even more fun when the lot that haven't been to the game read the statement and make that their first port of call.