Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

**Post-Millwall Arrangements | Leaving The Ground | Please Read**

Comments

• Ha, so from the West Stand the 'slight detour' will take you past the ground, the Oak, the level crossing, the old Horse and Groom, right the way down the lower road, then back up past the Anti. Slight detour !

You've got to laugh. Bonkers stuff.
  • So why didnt we rip out more at the toolbox then?!!!

Because we are Charlton and we do not do that sort of thing :-)
  • So why didnt we rip out more at the toolbox then?!!!

cos we're better than that aren't we ????
  • why dont they keep Millwall behind after?

prolly don't want them breaking up the seats en masse cos they'll be bored
    I thought any damage is paid for by them? The Jimmy Seed could do with a makeover.
    CAFC pay for the damage, not the away club.
    yep home clubs pay for the damage away fans cause
    Amazed that this is the case. Seems a ridiculous situation.
  • WSS said:

It is a bit of a joke inconveniencing us for that lot to be honest. I understand the reasons but surely it is easier for the police to control 3,300 people rather than the carnage of 21,000?

How many people will even see this announcement? People will be left in the dark until the last minute.

No doubt a load of Charlton will leave early anyway for a bit of rumbling.

This, why has this been left so late, meeting was yesterday, this news should have got out sooner
  • North lower will be rammed and i'd imagine they will have to turn people away who want to go for a pint
  • "Although holding back away fans for a short time after the game was considered, this would have meant that Millwall supporters would have missed the additional train services running into London from Charlton after the game".

Jokers. Probably more Charlton fans needing to get a London bound train than Millwall.
  • The line about not wanting Millwall fans to miss their trains is an insult. When we were held back for an hour at there place a couple of years back that wasn't considered an issue.

Nothing like alienating your own fans whilst catering for the needs of a visiting team.

This has been done as the club are clearly worried the stand will get trashed if Millwall are held in.

This could have been dealt with weeks ago. Very simple. Away fans are told that they will be kept in when the tickets are issued. What other club would cater for the needs of away fans before its own?

Did Leeds do something similar? No. They made it clear they didn't want away fans thereand made it as hard as possible to get tickets.

The club wants to have its cake and eat it. Doesn't want to loose the revenue, doesn't want to have away fans in the area for any length of time so will piss off its own supporters.

Absolute bollocks.
  • This is just pandering to the club with the bigger hooligan element. The game wasn't rescheduled to 12:30 and we don't have the same trouble with other away supporters. When is something going to be done about a persistent element of Millwall's supporters - I know the club itself tries but it clearly needs some assistance.
  • "Although holding back away fans for a short time after the game was considered, this would have meant that Millwall supporters would have missed the additional train services running into London from Charlton after the game".

Jokers. Probably more Charlton fans needing to get a London bound train than Millwall.

I was thinking the same, I know quite a few Millwall fans who will be there none of whom will be coming/going by train
  • Sponsored links:

• Prob stop people go up the oak and Woolwich road now because of me I feel like Bertie smalls
  • To be fair, I think the club and the police are damned if they do and damned if they don't on this one. They clearly want to minimise the risk of the two sets of fans meeting - if you put aside small inconveniences, the best way to do this is to move the 3k (or 4k by the time they've finished bunking in) Millwall fans out of the area as quickly as possible, much easier to herd a smaller contained group away than a much larger group coming out of multiple exits.

Plan to spend another half an hour out of the house and have a beer to celebrate (please God, let us be celebrating!).

• Should be same arrangement as we had at theirs in 2010. They suffer being kept in and home fans disburse first. IMO
  • This is the equivalent of a 100 speeding offenders / tax evaders / licence fee non-payers being locked in their cells while 5 mass murdering peadophiles get to eat their christmas lunch in the canteen in peace !
  • I say we should trash the place!

• I think this has been pushed by the police rather than Charlton in my opinion. Bottling it.
  • Not being funny afka but that sort of thing happens
  • So, The OB get the SmallWall fans up to the station and put them on trains to London Bridge. Meanwhile the Charlton fans have to walk the long way round so that by the time they get there the Spanners have all gone. The rest of the Charlton fans will be enjoying a pint in the ground or will have made their way home via an alternative route. This is a slight inconvenience, but it means there is no trouble and the only damage done is to the JS stand and the local hairdressers. The Police and the club call it a success, pat each other on the back and more importantly no-one gets hurt (apart from Barbara in the hairdressers).

Chill out people. It's for one game, you'll all still be home in time for X factor or whatever it is you young people watch these days.

I was thinking the same, I know quite a few Millwall fans who will be there none of whom will be coming/going by train
    Might not be coming by train but they will be getting a free train ride back to London Bridge whether they like it or not
  • So I normally park on some of the roads off Victoria Way, so looks like I will have be delayed in trying to make a speedy getaway to get back to near Tunbridge Wells in time for the England game!!

Anyone have any suggestions on where to park the other side of the ground, Charlton Lane side?
  • Sponsored links:

• The line about not wanting Millwall fans to miss their trains is an insult. When we were held back for an hour at there place a couple of years back that wasn't considered an issue.

I find it hilarious they seem to think all the Millwall fans want to get the train back to their homes in Deptford, Bermondsey and Woolworths (or whatever its called). Like its 1974 still.

The majority of Millwall fans live in the same places as Charlton fans. We share the same catchment area these days you know....

I find it hilarious they seem to think all the Millwall fans want to get the train back to their homes in Deptford, Bermondsey and Woolworths (or whatever its called). Like its 1974 still.

The majority of Millwall fans live in the same places as Charlton fans. We share the same catchment area these days you know....

Yeah, but we run more coaches than they do!!
  • So I normally park on some of the roads off Victoria Way, so looks like I will have be delayed in trying to make a speedy getaway to get back to near Tunbridge Wells in time for the England game!!

Anyone have any suggestions on where to park the other side of the ground, Charlton Lane side?

yes.

yes.
    And can you share them with me?!

yes.
    I have.
  • If we lose then I can imagine this will backfire big time.

But if we win everyone will be giving it the biggun and it will probably be quite a good thing. Looking forward to seeing how this pans out.

yes.
    I have.
    Oh yes, nice one cheers.
  • To be fair, I think the club and the police are damned if they do and damned if they don't on this one.

Would anyone be damning them if they'd said 'Millwall will be kept in for 20-25 minutes after the game'. No one would care, it's the norm.

Could you imagine police herding Millwall fans away to the station, whilst 20k Leeds or Cardiff fans were made to detour the long way round at their home ground.
  • I think it might be a case of just putting them on a train back to London Bridge whether they like it or not , same thing happens in west ham/millwall fixtures
  • Isn't this effectively doubling the policing efforts, as they will have to plan on the chance that a couple of hundred Charlton fans will try to break through the lines post-match a la Palace away ?