Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

**Post-Millwall Arrangements | Leaving The Ground | Please Read**

Comments

• I don't get the train and park on the east side so not that much inconvenience for me, but why don't they just hold Millwall back? I was under the impression any damage done by away fans is paid for by the offending clubs supporters?

Seems stupid holding CAFC fans back, just hope Kerms and JJ score a double each and we'll win 4 nil to make up for it

• edited March 2013
    Love it BR 3. I have nicked that one.?
  • edited March 2013

They can f*ck off, still going up Ransom Walk whether it's closed or not.

Brilliant! Post-match entertainment. I look forward to watching that!
    hope there's gonna be a live stream of this

cue Benny Hill music as Nathan draws the Millwall mobs out of the immediate vicinity
  • Why does this Government do something about crime.

Just march them out of the ground and straight into Bellmarsh and throw away the key.
  • Redrobo said:

I think I might hang around the North Lower & have a couple of beers after the game

If they could open and Bartrams and the other lounges for a few hours after the game AND show the rugby one could begin to forgive.

Making it a £1 a pint would also help.

£1? didn't you read the article....It's FREE!

To all those with a ST and 4 away stubs pre-Feb
  • edited March 2013
  • Haha what have you stolen oakster? Think you belong in the away end for that!
  • Curb_It said:

Haha what have you stolen oakster? Think you belong in the away end for that!

oops!
  • Sponsored links:

• edited March 2013
    I cant believe there are 8 pages on this

Why do you think that the club aint told you till today

It is not a great marketing ploy to tell your customers there will be an inconvience on sat
    Resulting in you having an xtra hr locked in because police intel has realised there is a very significant chance of serious trouble

And expect ticket sales to reach the target number

You can leave no one is keeping you in you just have to go another way home

All fans in the away end will be to the best of the OB ability be put on trains towards london bridge and not allowed off until past greenwich the same as we were at palace

To question the logic behind the decision is just madness they are trying to reduce the damage done to the stadium and when you consider what they have done in recent games has been substancial

They also know that theres a good chance of you getting or witnessing something you may choose not to in a normal match day experience
  • Takin' farckin' liberties is what it is.
  • Going back into London????
    I was under the impression we had an underground line a very short distance away, might even beat them back to LB
  • Exactly walshie if people want to go home that way shanksie pony to dome tube into town
  • Why are people saying Millwall will be put on trains afterwards? The message on the website clearly states Millwall fans will be lead towards the station, nothing about being put on trains.

As the club have announced this is a joint decision they can take 50% of the blame. Why would any club deny its own fans using the train station and forcing them away from public transport. The 25 minutes thing is a joke, it will take an age to clear that lot who will be on the Lower Road and the Village before the home fans are (don't believe they will be on the trains).

Keep them in, disperse the home fans first, good enough for 91 other clubs. If the club/police cannot control a group of away fans without have to resort to these sort of measures then only offer that club tickets on a restricted basis, only those who come on a coach from their ground will be let in.
  • Nla I'm disappointed in your stance. Home fans are being restricted and inconvenienced but you think that's ok?

Going to set Mickey on you.
  • The last Valley match my Millwall mate attended, the train's 1st stop was New X.
  • edited March 2013
    Im gonna borrow one of nolly''s millwall shirts and wear it under my jacket. Come full time will stroll to the gate do an exaggerated bowl up to the stewards, flash the replica top and they will let me out for the safety of the 20k charlton around me and ill casually make my way to the station.

McGyver would be proud of this plan.
  • The line about not wanting Millwall fans to miss their trains is an insult. When we were held back for an hour at there place a couple of years back that wasn't considered an issue.

Nothing like alienating your own fans whilst catering for the needs of a visiting team.

This has been done as the club are clearly worried the stand will get trashed if Millwall are held in.

This could have been dealt with weeks ago. Very simple. Away fans are told that they will be kept in when the tickets are issued. What other club would cater for the needs of away fans before its own?

Did Leeds do something similar? No. They made it clear they didn't want away fans thereand made it as hard as possible to get tickets.

The club wants to have its cake and eat it. Doesn't want to loose the revenue, doesn't want to have away fans in the area for any length of time so will piss off its own supporters.

Absolute bollocks.

Absolutely spot on Clem.
  • Sponsored links:

• I haven't read a thread on here with so much bedwetting for ages. Particularly from people on here, that we know drive to the games.

If you drive & normally park towards the station, then park somewhere else, it ain't that bleedin' difficult.

• edited March 2013
    Generating interest all over the country, Man City are coming down for a nose aswell.

I just hope they leave the poor kids at QE alone.

Luton '86 (?) all over again.
  • It's funny. I live in the States and we do have a reputation for, what's the word, ah yes...... whinging. What is it the Aussies say? Ah yes, 'whinging poms'.

Now, I finally understand.
  • B i just dont see the big deal mate honestly i will be parking in the same place i always do the chances are we will be 3 down just after half time i reckon i will be home before the end

The ob who goes in cons mentioned the other day that millwall fans getting tickets for the game from their box office were being told to expect to be put on a train home even if you drove

Now considering he told us weeks ago we were going to be kept in after or not allowed from the anti to the station or from floyd rd to station or down from the village to the station

I reckon he may be right on that front to other wise it would be them that got held back because you wouldnt let them out first and say please go home and dont congrigate on the many side roads home and dont double back rd the anti

I am more interested in the plans for those found in the home end
  • This will be the biggest police operation at a Charlton game, very expensive, the club can't afford for the away end to be trashed.
  • I cant believe people cant see that mate those
    Scummy pricks have smashed the jimmy every time we have played them keeping them in will cause more damage
  • Why are the bars in upper north not being opened or is it obvious? Or answered already?
  • I assume they're worried that the height advantage might allow some bottles thrown to reach the Jimmy Seed.
  • This will be the biggest police operation at a Charlton game, very expensive, the club can't afford for the away end to be trashed.

Clubs don't pay for the policing outside the ground. Most of the inside will be carried out by stewards. So yes it will cost more, but I doubt there will be that many police in the stadium.
  • What a joke! Scum always benefit because the rest of us are too law abiding. I can't believe this and wonder if its worth going to be kettled again!