Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

**Post-Millwall Arrangements | Leaving The Ground | Please Read**

Comments

• Anna isn't saying that at all... I still think nillwall are fucking scum. He's just bringing out the bigger issues. I type this ratarsed from a pub in the old Kent Road... oh the irony!!! COME ON YOU FUCKING RIP ROARIN GOAL SCORING ADDICKS!!!
  • Complete joke, I need to get to London after the game and can't hang around for 30mins waiting for station to open for Charlton fans. Many Charlton fans could walk to Woolwich Dockyard in that time and be on the trains to meet all the Millwall fans - which makes the police arrangements a nonsense. They just hold them back in the ground for 20mins while Charlton fans leave - it's not difficult, it's been done everywhere else for years.

Just go to North Greenwich

• Cal_1991 said:

BR3Addick said:

Oi, I posted this on page 3 of the 'millwall home' thread, thief!! :)
    Ooops i spent a while trying to find a good one thought it was my original sorry about that lol.

• I wonder how many people this will put off renewing season tickets next year? Why do we love to shoot ourselves in the foot. If i didnt have a season ticket and feel obliged to go I wouldnt bother.
  • redman said:

I wonder how many people this will put off renewing season tickets next year? Why do we love to shoot ourselves in the foot. If i didnt have a season ticket and feel obliged to go I wouldnt bother.

I have one and thinking about not going tomorrow now

• I think Anna kissed is saying... "Remember the poll tax???" I do. Now that day and night was a great coming together of everyone to say NO!

I think.
  • Sadly, we see yet another scenario of Supporter 'A' v Supporter 'B'. I find that terribly sad. So much positivity can be realised in football, such as the 'Fans United' initiative at the old Goldstone Ground, whereby supporters of various clubs all got together for a common cause (i.e. to help an ailing Brighton & Hove Albion, who were, at the time, being shafted by the spivs and the speculators).
    Yes, Millwall have a 'trouble' element. And, yes, Millwall have some decent supporters, too.
    I would not welcome it, but I would expect some trouble tomorrow, for some people will see a football crowd as their own personal battleground against their 'enemy'. Charlton isn't the enemy. Millwall isn't the enemy. Palace isn't the enemy. The State, that takes your hard-earned money, that gives you a daily kicking, that keeps you awake at night, that offers, but takes; THAT is the enemy. And the State is well-versed at opposing Supporter 'A' v Supporter 'B'.
    It will hit out at both.
    For those of a more enlightened disposition, I offer this: “‘An it harm none, do what thou wilt”. (i.e. "Do what you will, so long as it harms none." )

Cuckoo.
  • redman said:

I wonder how many people this will put off renewing season tickets next year? Why do we love to shoot ourselves in the foot

Don't get that at all. Why would anyone be put off renewing their season ticket?
  • Covered end =thick as pig shit. Not literall you understand ...sorry I'm pissed!
  • Well, just ploughed through this thread and have to say I'm very disappointed at this cunning plan to keep us all safe from the Four Horseman of the Apocalypse tomorrow.

Like other Lifers, I was angered and inconvenienced by the lock in at The Den and by the rerouting of away fans at Selhurst. Both of these actions were for our own safety, we were told. The "Spanners" and the "Palarse Scum" ( not my words) were not to be trusted to wish us safe passage on our way home.

Yet once again, tomorrow will shall be the fall guys and gals, albeit in our own back yard ! Unbelieveable.

As someone has already pointed out, those who drive to games like myself, will be forced to reconsider our parking plans- already severely restricted on match days and with very few marshalled car parks available- or endure a lengthy walk back to our usual spots on what looks like being a wet afternoon . To celebrate 2 upcoming birthdays, we have 4 extra family members coming to the game, 2 of whom are children so the thought of an extra mile or so on foot is not a welcome one. Others have also indicated a similar problem for the elderly and infirm. We do NOT all use the train but many park on the station side of Charlton !!!!

The one positive for me in this farce is that the home fans will be SO angry and pumped up by this decision that they will use this in the best way possible....by releasing all that pent up frustration on getting behind the team to an unprecedented degree. The lion's roar ? Forget it ! Let's raise the roof & deafen those nawty neighbours of ours with the noise only 20,000 enraged haddocks can make.... Then let's watch our battling lads in the red shirts do the business on the pitch.

COYR !!!!!!!

• Sponsored links:

• Sadly, we see yet another scenario of Supporter 'A' v Supporter 'B'. I find that terribly sad. So much positivity can be realised in football, such as the 'Fans United' initiative at the old Goldstone Ground, whereby supporters of various clubs all got together for a common cause (i.e. to help an ailing Brighton & Hove Albion, who were, at the time, being shafted by the spivs and the speculators).
    Yes, Millwall have a 'trouble' element. And, yes, Millwall have some decent supporters, too.
    I would not welcome it, but I would expect some trouble tomorrow, for some people will see a football crowd as their own personal battleground against their 'enemy'. Charlton isn't the enemy. Millwall isn't the enemy. Palace isn't the enemy. The State, that takes your hard-earned money, that gives you a daily kicking, that keeps you awake at night, that offers, but takes; THAT is the enemy. And the State is well-versed at opposing Supporter 'A' v Supporter 'B'.
    It will hit out at both.
    For those of a more enlightened disposition, I offer this: “‘An it harm none, do what thou wilt”. (i.e. "Do what you will, so long as it harms none." )

I've read that about 12 times and I think he's trying to say we should all just forget about the football and go and torch the Houses of Parliament?
  • Fanny...if only!
  • boggzy said:

Fanny...if only!

Well , boggzy, I'm frustrated even if you're not !

• Anna_Kissed sounds like Anarchist...I'm onto you!
  • I know what you're getting at @Anna_Kissed . With you all the way in normal circumstances but sorry sister, it's Millwall ffs. My normal pinko beliefs go out the window for those ne'erdowells.

• Anna is clearly Millwall. Blame the media. Blame the government. It's not our fault. Bla bla bla.
  • Anna is Charlton. 100%.
  • Think 'White Riot' might be a more apt soundtrack.
  • edited March 2013
    If you are going to shut Floyd Road there's no question you need to shut Ransom Walk, because it won't cope. However, I wouldn't underestimate the potential for overloading Charlton Lane when the level crossing shuts. That could also be dangerous.

There's very little chance that this strategy emerged for the first time on Thursday morning. The club has no responsibility whatsoever for how fans are dispersed from the area so I think the idea that it is a joint decision is implausible. Put it another way and ask yourself if the club had had a different view to the police what weight it would have carried.

The decision to open one bar after the match only will have been made on cost grounds and because the decision-maker(s) is/are sceptical it will be used at all.

Finally, bear in mind that Prothero etc know nothing about Charlton fans and have no experience of this fixture. Indeed TJ has invited potential investors to the game, which is not a choice I'd have made.
  • Sponsored links:

• What took you so long, Airman?
  • What took you so long, Airman?

Not been online all day!
    It will hit out at both.

• SE9SE9
    edited March 2013
    Finally, bear in mind that Prothero etc know nothing about Charlton fans and have no experience of this fixture. Indeed TJ has invited potential investors to the game, which is not a choice I'd have made.

When told this the other week I said we dont need there help we can look after ourselves against Millwall ;-)

Think the Ob have got this right to protect innocent fans tbh. I can see those metal fences being put up at by the chip chop where the two sets of fans normally meet, Fence up by the Kebab shop, Fence up at the station, and fence up at dellefield rd after the station exits. They may even let them go Kent bound as well as there wont be any CAFC on that platform and that means it gets rid of 3000 quicker. Can see Millwall Fighting with OB all the way back and at station. They were having a riot when trying to get to us after the game in Dec

Alot of people have to remember that the OB are going to have to deal with the lot in the ground and the lot with out tickets that will be about after the game. They have their Intel about what Millwall are planning or saying dont you worry about that

If the OB hadnt had this plan you would see alot of people not going CAFC anymore after this one due to what they may experiance.

Lets wait for next week when reports of what they the OB had to deal with before and after the game to judge if this is right.

• Am loving Guy Debord's arrival in the thread. I agree that we're mediated into sparring demographics with similar needs and interests by commercial organisations seeking to maximise profit and market a lifestyle (and don't get me started on the media) but surely, SURELY, football support is one area that escapes, to some extent, accusations of false division-to-conquer? It's my-village-versus-yours, it's pride in the local community, it's tangible community-identity, not the illusion of personal identity sold to us five billion times a day on billboards and TV screens.

Aleister Crowley was the 'Do what thou will' quote, right? Didn't check, honest :P
  • edited March 2013

Sadly, we see yet another scenario of Supporter 'A' v Supporter 'B'. I find that terribly sad. So much positivity can be realised in football, such as the 'Fans United' initiative at the old Goldstone Ground, whereby supporters of various clubs all got together for a common cause (i.e. to help an ailing Brighton & Hove Albion, who were, at the time, being shafted by the spivs and the speculators).
    It will hit out at both.

• Inviting investors might not be a bad thing IF we get a result

They aren't going to see any of the rubbish outside the ground before or after, but they might see a bit of passion during the game, which let's face it, they aren't going to see at home to Bolton
  • edited March 2013
    There is one extra train, leaving Charlton @ 42mins past, going straight to LB.

Can't believe that this has only been organised in the last day or so.

Must get to station to get the number!
  • If you are going to shut Floyd Road there's no question you need to shut Ransom Walk, because it won't cope. However, I wouldn't underestimate the potential for overloading Charlton Lane when the level crossing shuts. That could also be dangerous.

There's very little chance that this strategy emerged for the first time on Thursday morning. The club has no responsibility whatsoever for how fans are dispersed from the area so I think the idea that it is a joint decision is implausible. Put it another way and ask yourself if the club had had a different view to the police what weight it would have carried.

The decision to open one bar after the match only will have been made on cost grounds and because the decision-maker(s) is/are sceptical it will be used at all.

You obviously know a lot about crowd control than I do, but wouldn't it been simple to only allow the west stand to us Ransome Walk by erecting a few statigitily positioned barrier, this would greatly ease the potential major problems at the level crossing or is this to obvious.
  • I cant believe there are 8 pages on this

Why do you think that the club aint told you till today

It is not a great marketing ploy to tell your customers there will be an inconvience on sat
    Resulting in you having an xtra hr locked in because police intel has realised there is a very significant chance of serious trouble

And expect ticket sales to reach the target number

You can leave no one is keeping you in you just have to go another way home

All fans in the away end will be to the best of the OB ability be put on trains towards london bridge and not allowed off until past greenwich the same as we were at palace

To question the logic behind the decision is just madness they are trying to reduce the damage done to the stadium and when you consider what they have done in recent games has been substancial

They also know that theres a good chance of you getting or witnessing something you may choose not to in a normal match day experience

Thank fuck for that. Sanity at last.