Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

**Post-Millwall Arrangements | Leaving The Ground | Please Read**

Comments

• @jodaius.....that was the line direct from plod at huddersfield
  • Can't believe people are still dripping and moaning, your not being kept in,you can all go home straight after the game, yes some have a 15 min diversion , it's Your choice if you want to stay in the ground or leave!
    were all starting to sound like train spotting anoraks!?!?!?!?!?!?
  • Just to be pendantic I think ALL 18,000 or so Charlton supporters should take the club up on their offer and "pop" into the North Lower bar (or whever it is that is going to be open) and get a drink.........I'd love to see the chaos that ensues !!!

I , for one, will be making my protest during the game.

Intriguing! How?
    by booing ?

Dress up as Moses and scream "Let my people go!" for 90 minutes

• edited March 2013
    Seems to me that rather than having anything to do with the safety of people getting home, most of this thread is about people being pissed off because they will be inconvenienced.

Unfortunately, that is unavoidable but if everyone gets home safe, imo that inconvenience is justified.

I don't for one minute think that the club are putting profit before safety. I'm sure that all the options were discussed and I am happy to accept that the club and the Police believe that this is the best option until I see otherwise.

• i think the police should invite all who want a no holds barred rumble on to the pitch at the end ,
    publicise it during the game and let all the hard men realise there will be no police/steward interruption
    they wont have the stewards or police in between them to make them look all hard with hand signals and gestures
    then everyone who wants to rumble can and the normal punters can watch or go home without any agg

What and ruin the pitch!

I have to say I am more concerned as to if arrangements have been made to remove and hold away supporters who have obtained tickets in the home stands. There should be zero tollerance - even for "nice" fans and friends.

It does spoil it for those who are afraid for their children and parents safety. Any away supporters identified should not just be ejected, but held until well after the area is clear of supporters.

You can bet that if you do report an away fan near you, bugger all will be done unless they cause trouble. Not good enough IMO.
  • Dress up as Moses and scream "Let my people go!" for 90 minutes
    This
  • Can't believe people are still dripping and moaning, your not being kept in,you can all go home straight after the game, yes some have a 15 min diversion , it's Your choice if you want to stay in the ground or leave!

Not anoraks, but we WILL be held from going in the station. If you seriously think that the OB won't let the fans walk up Floyd road together but that they will say it's OK for them to enter the station down that alley hand in hand just because we've had a pleasant 10min stroll down the Woolwich Road then you are deluded

• Agree. Whether or not it's the best (or fairest) approach is questionable but I really don't think there's some kind of profit making conspiracy.
  • edited March 2013
    I quite like Woolwich Dockyard. It reminds me of the days I used to jump the train from Stratford to New Cross via the free ferry.
  • CatAddick said:

Can't believe people are still dripping and moaning, your not being kept in,you can all go home straight after the game, yes some have a 15 min diversion , it's Your choice if you want to stay in the ground or leave!

Not anoraks, but we WILL be held from going in the station. If you seriously think that the OB won't let the fans walk up Floyd road together but that they will say it's OK for them to enter the station down that alley hand in hand just because we've had a pleasant 10min stroll down the Woolwich Road then you are deluded

We will be held from going into Charlton station until the scum are cleared out.
    You can wait or find an alternitive route. Is it really that much of a hassle for one game?

• Sponsored links:

• Riscardo said:

The line about not wanting Millwall fans to miss their trains is an insult. When we were held back for an hour at there place a couple of years back that wasn't considered an issue.

Nothing like alienating your own fans whilst catering for the needs of a visiting team.

Absolute bollocks.

Clem has this spot on .... the line about the train is an insult
    Unfortunatly, the more noise/fuss you kick up, the more you will get noticed/what you want.
    No room for "nice guys" anymore in this world.

Indeed, and not just at football.
  • So Ransom Walk is going to be closed for how long, half an hour?
    And then they're going to let everyone through there but just half an hour later? Or have I got this wrong and it's going to be closed for longer and anyone who wants to get out onto Woolwich Rd has to go up past The Oak and over the crossing?
  • What a joke, still going to demand they let me out on 86 mins, is being held hostage allowed!
  • Seems to me that rather than having anything to do with the safety of people getting home, most of this thread is about people being pissed off because they will be inconvenienced.

Unfortunately, that is unavoidable but if everyone gets home safe, imo that inconvenience is justified.

That's not the case. If the Millwall fans were kept back, then it would give us plenty of time to leave the ground and the area, get on our trains, go through Greenwich/London Bridge before the scum are let out.

This way, there's no guarantee they'll get on the train promptly, and the Millwall scum element are free to hang around at any station further up the line if they want to cause trouble.
  • You are allowed out whenever you want!
  • Seems to me that rather than having anything to do with the safety of people getting home, most of this thread is about people being pissed off because they will be inconvenienced.

I don't for one minute think that the club are putting profit before safety. I'm sure that all the options were discussed and I am happy to accept that the club and the Police believe that this is the best option until I see otherwise.

Have you ever been to a match or even heard of a match, where home supporters were stopped from making their normal way home until away supporters had been cleared out first? It is ALWAYS away supporters who are held back. Why not in this case?

• What a joke, still going to demand they let me out on 86 mins, is being held hostage allowed!

Why would you not be allowed out, no ones going to stop you leaving the ground, you just cant use Floyd Road.

Go up Charlton Lane and you won't have a problem.

The safest option would be no away supporters. Do you really think that would ever have been considered? No, neither do I.
  • 25 minutes delay if only,if its a shit game the best entertainment will be watching the stewards, old bill trying to clear the JS not easily done i think.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited March 2013

Seems to me that rather than having anything to do with the safety of people getting home, most of this thread is about people being pissed off because they will be inconvenienced.

The safest option would be no away supporters. Do you really think that would ever have been considered? No, neither do I.
    Agreed.

That's not fair, not allowing the spanners in for their cup final.

Have you ever been to a match or even heard of a match, where home supporters were stopped from making their normal way home until away supporters had been cleared out first? It is ALWAYS away supporters who are held back. Why not in this case?

I must admit I've never heard of such a thing. It's shocking to be honest. I understand as an away fans that for safety reasons I'll be (unjustifiably in my view) detained, but home support is unheard of. Ridiculous. This will make things worse, it's clueless.
  • They can f*ck off, still going up Ransom Walk whether it's closed or not.

Best of luck with that Nathan.

Exactly. And that is what is 'cruel and unusual'. Yes, in the past as an away fan I would have fully expected to be kept in and herded/marched to the station; and that treatment appears to be making a comeback this season. What I would not expect is as a HOME fan to be inconvenienced in the same way. Surely that's one of the benefits of being a home supporter?

Millwall must be loving this already....'Oooh they're so frightened of us they let us have the run of SE7 while they all hid in the Valley'

• edited March 2013
    The only way this is going to work is for the police to kettle all 3,000 of them all the way to the station and onto the trains. Seeing as the trains only hold about 1,000 people you'll need 3 of them. I'm dammed sure those who don't want to get on the train will make it known.

25 minutes? and the rest.

Some of the Met's finest brains come up with this shite.

• What's the likelihood of the police blocking the Charlton fans from the station that have made the walk around Charlton lane?

Can't really see them letting 500 charlton fans mix in with Millwall if they're this desperate for us not to meet with them.
  • One comment i saw on a millwall site just about sums this pathetic 'plan of action' up:

"Don't anyone move. The longer we stand there singing "WEMBERLEEEE", the longer they've got to stand there and listen to it!"
  • edited March 2013

One comment i saw on a millwall site just about sums this pathetic 'plan of action' up:

"Don't anyone move. The longer we stand there singing "WEMBERLEEEE", the longer they've got to stand there and listen to it!"

they're idiots. we can just walk out anyway.
  • If the boot was on the other foot, we would stand and sing as well. Stop pretending otherwise