Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

**Post-Millwall Arrangements | Leaving The Ground | Please Read**

Comments

• Theres such an easy way around this. Trap the away fans in the ground, as should be, and load up the whole area with CCTV. Warn the fans that any damage done will be traced back.. Don't treat the innocent like bullies, I've paid BIG money for my 5 year season ticket and being treated like a hooligan at my own home teams ground, after watching a spray of shite on the cowmeadow/pitch... ain't right. The whole club atm is embarassing me, nothing good is coming from this season at all.
  • Theres such an easy way around this. Trap the away fans in the ground, as should be, and load up the whole area with CCTV. Warn the fans that any damage done will be traced back.. Don't treat the innocent like bullies, I've paid BIG money for my 5 year season ticket and being treated like a hooligan at my own home teams ground, after watching a spray of shite on the cowmeadow/pitch... ain't right. The whole club atm is embarassing me, nothing good is coming from this season at all.

Hard to argue with any of that. Good post, I reckon.

• Sparrows-
    So a few punches is ok?
    Think you should have a look on YouTube before you comment any more?
  • Stewards were very poor as well
  • B the intel of the normal OB was passed on to a higher level the choice of the OB to flood Floyd road with OB and put a line between, at the part of floyd road did not cover what the intel had allegedly reported back as to what could be a serious issue,

now as mick says they are unwilling to ellaborate on that intel,

if its the same as what had been mentioned by OB to some with regards to the risk that was meant to take place then thats their business,

but imo it does not match the things the OB are saying,

its not very often scotland yard take control on these situations so something spooked them ,most people said at the time that the intel was bollox however maybe it was maybe it wernt we wont find out, but the comncern was with those that did not have tickets or intend to ever enter the ground other than to cause disturbance and in the surrounding areas of charlton

and it does not match the fact that 4 weeks ago we were trold in the cons by the OB that the process that happend was going to happen, Mick is saying they took that decision 24 hrs before the match, but how does that happen when OB told people you will all be kept in, you will not be able to access floyd road or the tunnels 4 weeks or more before the decision mick talks of

IMO the noises coming from the club are intebded to pacify fans and not be wholely truthful

Great post, common sense at last.

The scum should have been kept back for 30-45 minutes, humiliating to treat home fans in this manner.
  • You lot are a bunch of moaners aren't you? It's happened so just move on.
  • I think in future after this fiasco best to go with what the police say if there happy with a line to keep it safe that's good enough also I doubt that charlton waiting for palace and assaulting them at the station would happen in the Millwall fixture would it
  • Yeah we're moaners. Good job you weren't around in 1985 Nathan. We'd still be at selhurst.

Whilst Saturday's events aren't on the same scale as leaving The Valley, they showed the little regard the club hold the fans in.
  • nolly said:

I think in future after this fiasco best to go with what the police say if there happy with a line to keep it safe that's good enough also I doubt that charlton waiting for palace and assaulting them at the station would happen in the Millwall fixture would it

Nolls but read the statement from the OB a line all the way up floyd road, and then you get to the top by the cafe and do what let people get trains together ??? its a crockl of shit statement and one that if any thinks about it is to pacify and decieve

do people honestly think that any risk elemants that wantewd to engage wouldnt do so as soon as the police line finished or are we suggesting that the police line would go left and right to keep people apart all the way to the station, and then what the carriages split up into millwall and charlton fans its a load of old bulls**t
  • Sponsored links:

• there was never any intention to allow both sets of fanms to leave together and never ever any intention from the ob that, that would be the millwall fans being inconvienced,

it was always going to be charlton and i do understand why they left it so late as it would have had an impact on ticket sales, it was not a ploy to sell more pies or booze but was kept from you to not impact walk up tickets in the week

• edited March 2013
    To be fair Millwall had a massive turnout in at least 2 pubs before hand... Now nothing of note happened bar Woolwich & Blackheath alot later on so you have to say the 'police operation' in Charlton was a success bar people makng a 20 minute detour what tbh wasn't ever going to be plods problem.

For those who believe in all unity and love between games at Charlton, I'm sure your opinion would of fast changed had you been dodging coins etc and groups potentially trying to break ob lines on Floyd Road.
  • What happened in woolich and blackheath?
  • A charlton lad hospitalised by a group of them. Our lot then bumped into said group.
  • edited March 2013
    an alone charlton lad as well they couldnt do it when said lad was with pals
  • edited March 2013
  • Trouble talk for elsewhere please
  • Yeah we're moaners. Good job you weren't around in 1985 Nathan. We'd still be at selhurst.

Whilst Saturday's events aren't on the same scale as leaving The Valley, they showed the little regard the club hold the fans in.

The club's communication was better in 1985!
  • Haha, very true, atleast we got a leaflet !
  • Sponsored links:

• Two things:

I would still like to know why (whether it was an ob decision or Cafc) millwall were not held in for however long was necessary. They often get held in up and down the country without wrecking away ends - what was different here? Put a msg out in their end saying cctv in operation etc. Leave the bars open for them if need be.

ME states there was serious disorder after the away game. Im pretty sure I was present at the 'event' in question and I would hardly call it serious disorder - didnt see a punch thrown. Few things lobbed too and thro, plenty of ob about and a few millwall scrotes playing cat and mouse with the ob up the road. More violence at palace at home.
  • It was based on ob intel mate that was all , i am unsure of the validity of the intel but it was always their intention to keep addicks in not scumwall and so it proved , regardless of any
    Statement that opinion wont change
  • It was based on ob intel mate that was all , i am unsure of the validity of the intel but it was always their intention to keep addicks in not scumwall and so it proved , regardless of any
    Statement that opinion wont change

FIOs always dress it up as if they get their info from some kind of MI6 type operation, fact is, all they do is lurk on a few websites, try and talk to fans and talk to their opposite numbers. They knew about as much about Saturday as the average Charlton/Millwall fan. The 'inteligence' line is their get out of jail free card when they piss people off or just generally bollocks things up.
  • Not the case I'm afraid pal. The events in the run up showed they actually know a lot more than they let on.
  • For a local derby, it was a pretty insipid affair, little passion or aggro on the pitch, and little aggro (happily) off the pitch.

As for the Millwall not being kept behind decision
    1) surely if they trashed the JS, we'd send Millwall a bill, I'm sure Palace have sent us a bill for the damage done at Selhurst
    2) not keeping away fans behind because they might react angrily seems curious logic, if the Charlton fans had rioted after the game, would we be let out first after the game at The Den next season, with the home fans herded away from us? And if Millwall fans were such a problem, why were they sold alcohol in the stand?
    3) the level crossing situation was bizarre, fortunately I was one who got there before the side route was blocked. If they thought the crossing was potentially dangerous, surely they should have their resources there to control people. As it was, there wasn't a hint of trouble.
  • I will mate , was that to do with the heli

Not to do with Heli mate. Other things, that the club/Ob wont share.

• And to an extent after imo the ob seemed to know exactky who was where and when

The known elements on both sides who did not have tickets to the game where watched and were not able to congrigate near the ground due to they knew they were watched

The police had it bang on the money first timei have known it
  • And to an extent after imo the ob seemed to know exactky who was where and when

The known elements on both sides who did not have tickets to the game where watched and were not able to congrigate near the ground due to they knew they were watched

The police had it bang on the money first timei have known it

That explains why a number of scum locked themselves in the female toilets in The Great Harry several hours after the game finished. Obviously fed up with being watched.
  • That's why I said to an extent

But smudge said we ain't allowed to talk about it but that did make me laugh when I heard
  • Brought a grin to many faces! As you say AFKA is a good lad so will respect his wishes not to have it detailed on here.