Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

**Post-Millwall Arrangements | Leaving The Ground | Please Read**

Comments

• And was it your Dad's decision to not let people turn left into Charlton Lane to get their coaches/get to the station instead of letting elderly people walk up two steep hills puffing for breath and struggling?

• Every other club in the country just keeps the away fans in until the home support is gone. It is not ideal but it works. What is so different about us ?
  • Why was holding Millwall in not an option? Not having a pop, but it is considered every where else in the country.

This. And 'This' should have been the only 'operation' the club and the Police should have entertained.

Ketman - First of all thanks for coming on here with your honest comments. Yes it was only one game, but the club dont appear to have the greatest relationships with their fans at the moment, but this has just shown how much they think of us! Why on earth didnt they think it through.

Poorly conceived, and poorly executed by the Mets finest!
  • Every other club in the country just keeps the away fans in until the home support is gone. It is not ideal but it works. What is so different about us ?

I thought it was because the club did not want the Jimmy Seed stand trashed i.e. get the away fans out asap.
  • Curb_It said:

And was it your Dad's decision to not let people turn left into Charlton Lane to get their coaches/get to the station instead of letting elderly people walk up two steep hills puffing for breath and struggling?

One would hope and expect that was a police cock up on the day. Can't imagine the club had a say in that part of the farce?
  • If we'd have won, there would have been carnage anyway despite all the measures, as Millwall were left to roam where they pleased.
  • Well if it was his decision, think it was a poor one judging by the responses on here, why was keeping them in not an option.

So many questions need proper answers, I do not believe any other club in the country would treat their own fans in this way.
  • Ketman said:

Well for those that do not know me I am Mick Everett's son. I have spoken to my Dad about the 'Operation' at the weekend. Obviously he cannot comment officially at present but he invites anyone to contact him with any complaints you may have about being inconvenienced at the weekend by email at the club. He has had quite a few messages many of them abusive so thanks for that, try to be a little more diplomatic than calling him a spineless c*** if you wish a considered response.

I am not going to be drawn into a debate but a few facts should be aired. It was Scotland Yard not local police running the show on saturday, they actually wanted to have a line of police horses and dogs up floyd road and everyone released together at the same time as they felt they would be able to handle it. Keeping the Millwall fans in was not even an option, so my Dad felt rather than a blood bath which it would of been without a doubt had this been allowed, the next best thing was to not let the two sets of fans converge. He accepts full responsibilty for the decision and it has obviously upset an awful lot of people.

To throw my small opinion for what it's worth we were inconvenienced for one game, would you of rather been having it toe to toe with a load of them idiots instead which is what would of happened if the police had their way? In 99% of cases I guess you would not, so is it really that big a deal.

As for some of the conspiracy theories about it being a marketing opportunity to sell more beer...really have a word with yourselves that is embarrassing.

That's all I am posting. Keep the faith

Ketters

Fair play to you for coming on here and sticking up for your dad. I admire you greatly for that.

I am sorry but I just don't get "we couldn't keep the Millwall fans in". Why ever not?

You've got a line of riot police fully kitted out, no doubt loads more riot police just around the corner but being kept out of sight so as not to "inflame" the situation, plenty of heavy stewards who didn't look like the sort who weren't "up for it", police horses, police dogs. Not to forget CCTV that is so sharp - I've seen it- that could easily pick out anyone misbehaving. Millwall fans are stupid. But are they that stupid they would cause serious grief knowing CCTV would pick them out?

With all this at the club's disposal, are we seriously supposed to believe the Millwall fans couldn't be controlled in the ground for 20 -30 minutes? If so, what the hell are we paying the police and stewards for?

This is just nonsense that because Millwall might not behave, we must pander to them.
  • WSSWSS
    edited March 2013
    I thought his dad was Rick Everitt.
  • :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Ketman said:

Well for those that do not know me I am Mick Everett's son. I have spoken to my Dad about the 'Operation' at the weekend. Obviously he cannot comment officially at present but he invites anyone to contact him with any complaints you may have about being inconvenienced at the weekend by email at the club. He has had quite a few messages many of them abusive so thanks for that, try to be a little more diplomatic than calling him a spineless c*** if you wish a considered response.

I am not going to be drawn into a debate but a few facts should be aired. It was Scotland Yard not local police running the show on saturday, they actually wanted to have a line of police horses and dogs up floyd road and everyone released together at the same time as they felt they would be able to handle it. Keeping the Millwall fans in was not even an option, so my Dad felt rather than a blood bath which it would of been without a doubt had this been allowed, the next best thing was to not let the two sets of fans converge. He accepts full responsibilty for the decision and it has obviously upset an awful lot of people.

To throw my small opinion for what it's worth we were inconvenienced for one game, would you of rather been having it toe to toe with a load of them idiots instead which is what would of happened if the police had their way? In 99% of cases I guess you would not, so is it really that big a deal.

As for some of the conspiracy theories about it being a marketing opportunity to sell more beer...really have a word with yourselves that is embarrassing.

That's all I am posting. Keep the faith

Ketters

Fair play to you for coming on here and sticking up for your dad. I admire you greatly for that.

I am sorry but I just don't get "we couldn't keep the Millwall fans in". Why ever not?

You've got a line of riot police fully kitted out, no doubt loads more riot police just around the corner but being kept out of sight so as not to "inflame" the situation, plenty of heavy stewards who didn't look like the sort who weren't "up for it", police horses, police dogs. Not to forget CCTV that is so sharp - I've seen it- that could easily pick out anyone misbehaving. Millwall fans are stupid. But are they that stupid they would cause serious grief knowing CCTV would pick them out?

With all this at the club's disposal, are we seriously supposed to believe the Millwall fans couldn't be controlled in the ground for 20 -30 minutes? If so, what the hell are we paying the police and stewards for?

This is just nonsense that because Millwall might not behave, we must pander to them.
    Bang on on all points

• Well if it was his decision, think it was a poor one judging by the responses on here, why was keeping them in not an option.So many questions need proper answers, I do not believe any other club in the country would treat their own fans in this way.

Scotland Yard said so according to Ketman's post.

It makes sense to me that the Police insisted on measures that were outside the control of the Club and Mick, being the man and fan he is, came up with the best answer he could in the circumstances.

My gripe, and I doubt if this has anything to do with Mick Everett at all since it is not his area, is the complete lack of communication from the Club until the very last minute.

These diktats from Scotland Yard must have been in place for some time and fans should have been advised far earlier that they would be inconvenienced leaving the ground.

They could then have made a considered decision as to what they wanted to do and much of the ill feeling would have dissipated as nobody could argue that they weren't told in good time to make alternative arrangements.

• i thought it was Kenny Everit
  • The SY seems likely. Especially after what they had done in the weeks leading up to the game
  • Ketman,
    Thanks for posting but we have two problems the first is the arrangements made for Saturday was at the inconvenience of the home fans and you, your Dad and the supporters can probaly argue about the best options until the cows come home but the second is for me the major one the closing of Charlton Lane, I was in the middle of the 'Kettling' with my Son up Charlton Lane and this was very scary for him, loads of people getting seriously angry and not being told anything, and the only time was when one copper shouted out 'Turn right' which was met with total derision. I wished I just stayed put at the stadium as the arches were opened while everyone was still stuck at the top of the hill!
    Being treated like this has meant that my Son no longer wants to bring his friends to the Bolton game and I am questioning on renewing our season tickets (thats a first will still probably renew but I have never even considered not to before)
    Surely after all this time it is obvious that communication is the most important thing when dealing with crowd control I am sure we are still angry about making consessions to millwall but the kettling that went on has really riled and incensed the true supporters and must not ever happen again.
    Yet again no communication at all from the Club will further infuriate the fans and having a statement three or four days later is not good enough so posting tickets for sale for POTY is not really what we want.

I will send your Dad the above and would be glad to discuss further
  • As stated earlier, if you are that concerned about the fact that you could not walk up a specific road on the highest risk game of the season, and demand answers as to why our friends from Bermondsey could not of been kept in for an hour like we were at theirs, I suggest you write to club as I said, or maybe the police, or I think Razil said something about going through the Supporters Trust & they will take up the various points raised with the club.
  • I bet your old man can't wait to get back to work and open his email tomorrow eh !
  • As a few have said, its the late notice, lack of communication and the "change of plan" that most are upset with.

The club are not 100% responsible, but they are also not 100% blameless.

If a major incident happened in the ground, the club would use the PA and megaphones, so they are available, but were not used. why not? The club must have been aware of the extra road closures no matter when they were put in place, so why were we not told of them? Why were we allowed to leave the ground without being advised of the extra crowds being held at the junction of Charlton Lane? Why even though it was obvious that the crowd was building, as were the tempers alterative plans made, ie open up Ransom Walk? Why were the Police ( including a mounted inspector ) so lacking up to date information? We were they not able to relay anything other than " move on" and "i dont know why, i am just doing what I am told" ?
  • boogica said:

I didnt have a problem left ground at final whistle got back to golf club nice and early had a few beers took shite from the spanners apart from result not a bad day,cant see wot all the fuss is about.

I thought you was going home?

• Ketman

I've never met your Dad but I have only heard the very best things about him from people who have worked with him such as Airman. I don't believe for one nano-second that the blame for this should end up at his door. Thats why I've lodged a Freedom of Information request with the Met asking for all documentation relating to the decisions behind what happened.It's my right to get all of that, and when I get it, I will share it here. BTW if the police hold back such information, i.e. not sending me documentation that your Dad has, or knows to exist, then they will be in breach of the FOI law. Just a little hint...

But at the end of the day, I'm asking the same question as so many others. Why not keep 'em behind, like everyone else does, and like everyone does to us? If the answer was, it is impossible, they will smash it up, then it follows that Millwall are a permanent public order risk potentially in every football ground they visit. In which case that is a serious general matter for the police to deal with.
  • Sponsored links:

• It was an old bill led decision ketman has confirmed it i fully support the decision

The turning left at charlton lane was the biggest issue ignoring the ob is easily done and was not treated with any sort of response to make you changing your mind

Its interesting that its a scotland yard decision as i was led to believe that the decision was based on specific intel gathered by the met and their football intellegance department this seems to back that up

I think its time angry fron kent , charlton , etc move on and forget about it
  • Ive sent an email to a group at the Club. So i input Prothero's and Slaters email at the cafc.co.uk and they have bounced. So neither have a cafc email account?

Or have i done something wrong?
  • NLA, speak to a few of the usual suspects next time you're out. Was a very interesting development from Scotland Yard in the build up. Was almost like something from a James Bond film!
  • I will mate , was that to do with the heli
  • This was a few weeks before mate.
  • By not telling anyone they couldn't turn left no big deal for most ,but how about those less fortunate not being so able bodied,my son recovering from knee op told to take detour which took him 45 mins to do hey but no big deal .he will not go to another game this season.no loss to a club that seams to not give a f**k,so he keeping his cash in his pocket.
  • I will find out mate

He couldve just ignored them or waited the 20 mins as advised no one forced him to leave when he did
  • Curb_It said:

Ive sent an email to a group at the Club. So i input Prothero's and Slaters email at the cafc.co.uk and they have bounced. So neither have a cafc email account?

Or have i done something wrong?

Neither of them have a CAFC email to my knowledge, but if they do it will be deliberately obscure.
  • This was a few weeks before mate.

Why all the secrecy. If you know something then tell us or is national security at stake ?

• Nah you're alright.