Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Your thoughts on Red Division

Comments

• This thread is called 'Your thoughts on Red Division'. You can't ask for people's opinions and then give up just because you hear things you don't like.
  • edited April 2013

This thread is called 'Your thoughts on Red Division'. You can't ask for people's opinions and then give up just because you hear things you don't like.

You can if you're getting grief and threats from your own fans and attract the attention of the police for doing no wrong.
  • This thread is called 'Your thoughts on Red Division'. You can't ask for people's opinions and then give up just because you hear things you don't like.

I just looked through some of your comments.... wow you have a moan at bloody anything.

• This isn't a moan, it's a comment. People's views on Red Division were sought and they were not all favourable. My point is you must expect criticism if you ask for people's thoughts on a subject.
  • 'Fellas lining up to have a word' WTF, over some singing?
  • I think this is a great shame Greenie Jnr especially as we all expect everyone else to listen to how great we were as fans in the 60's 70's 80' even a 90's thread recently, one thing that links all of those eras and those of us who post memories is that we were, in the main, the same age as RD today.

Add a bid spoon of nostalgia and we all think our era was better the the last/next...

To think that a group of enthusiastic supporters who have kept within the law and done nothing but try to improve the atmosphere have been put off by some of our own is very sad.
  • I always was supportive of the idea, atmosphere is something the Valley's needed more of in recent seasons. Having said that, I always thought giving yourself a name attracts the wrong kind of attention.

Hopefully when you're back in the mood for it next year, you can keep a relatively low profile while getting some chants going and enjoying your footie again.
  • edited April 2013

This isn't a moan, it's a comment. People's views on Red Division were sought and they were not all favourable. My point is you must expect criticism if you ask for people's thoughts on a subject.

He took on board people's thoughts and concluded it it is not worth trying this if (enough) people don't want it and are going to give him grief about it.

I had "chat" with you GJ but not met you - good try and many thanks.
  • Having heard some of the things I have about a newer 'element' of our fanbase it kind of makes me glad that I only get to games up here in the North. My missus was at her first game at Barnsley, she had a blinding day and remarked on how good humoured our fans were. Not sure she would say the same if I took her to the Valley, especially if the atmosphere is 'poisonous'.

Sorry the shine has been taken off for you Greenie Jr but a few away trips up here next season in winter will soon sort you out mate ;o)
  • edited April 2013
    Some of the 'older' fans won't be happy until there are no younger fans coming through and they are simply surrounded by fans of their own nature.

Not every person that comes football is going to be like you. All ages, all different vocally etc

It seems that the people that are so pro family club are the least tolerable!

I think away from home it's had a very positive effect and even though the name has gone, our support has become a lot more animated because of it.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited April 2013
    I thought RD's support at Bristol and Watford was refreshing and I was happy to join in. Unfortunately in this day and age of social networking sites the wrong image can be created through no fault of their own and with that, some of the wrong element saw it as an oppotunity to use them as cover for wrongful actions. If there is one thing that did not help their cause IMO was deciding to mass up in the East Stand in the cup game next to the Udders fans. Only done for a bit of banter I know but OB and the stewards didn't need an excuse to come down heavy on them and went way OTT. It is therefore sad that an enthusiastic bunch of young lads feel that their efforts were not appreciated but I would say don't be deterred, keep a lower profile and as AUN says enjoy those away games, you are our lifeblood for the future and finally you don't really need an identity it's what's in the heart not a name CORDYR
  • Shame that greenie jnr has stopped going to the Valley. Hope he gets back into it.

Unfortunately those that actually try and do something for the Club are easy targets for the do-nothings who like to troll on FB etc for their kicks but never have the brains or guts to take the risk of doing something themselves. Easy to snipe from the sidelines, not so easy to step up to the plate and try and make a difference.

What RD tried to do was good imho. Some of the way they went about it was questionable (the masked picture for example) but the core idea was and is sound. Hope they keep up the noise and get some new and old songs going, slowly of course ; - )
  • Some of the 'older' fans won't be happy until there are no younger fans coming through and they are simply surrounded by fans of their own nature.

Not every person that comes football is going to be like you. All ages, all different vocally etc

It seems that the people that are so pro family club are the least tolerable!

I think away from home it's had a very positive effect and even though the name has gone, our support has become a lot more animated because of it.

This IMO
  • Us older fans were once the younger ones and you younger ones will be the older ones eventually. Some songs like Valley Floyd Road are good for everyone to sing- others like the Adams Family are not. There were a group of fans at the Youth Cup tie against Chelsea who were giving fantastic support. If they were the Red Division- Good on yer. On the other hand the small band of fans chanting the Addams Family song and other abuse at the Huddersfield fans from the East stand in the Cup game were just silly, whoever they were, and just made an awful day worse.
  • Us older fans were once the younger ones and you younger ones will be the older ones eventually. Some songs like Valley Floyd Road are good for everyone to sing- others like the Adams Family are not. There were a group of fans at the Youth Cup tie against Chelsea who were giving fantastic support. If they were the Red Division- Good on yer. On the other hand the small band of fans chanting the Addams Family song and other abuse at the Huddersfield fans from the East stand in the Cup game were just silly, whoever they were, and just made an awful day worse.

You've had the desired effect so it can be left now.
  • PL54 said:

Us older fans were once the younger ones and you younger ones will be the older ones eventually. Some songs like Valley Floyd Road are good for everyone to sing- others like the Adams Family are not. There were a group of fans at the Youth Cup tie against Chelsea who were giving fantastic support. If they were the Red Division- Good on yer. On the other hand the small band of fans chanting the Addams Family song and other abuse at the Huddersfield fans from the East stand in the Cup game were just silly, whoever they were, and just made an awful day worse.

Clarify, please?

we was present at both those games the reason the huddersfield game was like that was because, there was more people surrounding the r.d on that day, as it was an "open invite" which was posted on fb and twitter for more people to join in.
  • PL54 said:

Us older fans were once the younger ones and you younger ones will be the older ones eventually. Some songs like Valley Floyd Road are good for everyone to sing- others like the Adams Family are not. There were a group of fans at the Youth Cup tie against Chelsea who were giving fantastic support. If they were the Red Division- Good on yer. On the other hand the small band of fans chanting the Addams Family song and other abuse at the Huddersfield fans from the East stand in the Cup game were just silly, whoever they were, and just made an awful day worse.

Clarify, please?
    If you want clarification, you wont understand the answer.
  • Greenie said:

PL54 said:

Clarify, please?
    Someone try, please, in simple language so that I will understand.

• Greenie said:

PL54 said:

Clarify, please?
    Someone try, please, in simple language so that I will understand.

NO! Your too old now leave it!
  • Sponsored links:

• I think it's a shame. The fact that the older fans were the younger fans once is exactly why they should be cutting these kids some slack.

People want different things from their footballing experience and all these kids were trying to do was create an atmosphere, they were moaned at and branded hooligans for their troubles. For the vast majority of games, it's really not that hard to sit with like-minded fans and I think it's bloody-mindedness and love of moaning that keeps people sitting in the same seats week after week and moaning about it until the experience is ruined for everyone.

• So everyone except me understands and approves this remark, right?
  • No i dont AN

I understand it but i dont agree

If you court opinion then opinion is valid and should either be ignored or accepted

The comment you made about the addams family song is one of the reasons they stopped or jr stopped as they felt that the older fans and others didnt approve
  • edited April 2013
  • The Addams family song was sung before the red division were about.
  • Yes it was and should not be used as a stick to beat them with

The sad thing is a young person with passion and the gazumption to make a difference has decided to stop going for a bit due to the actions of shit OB piss poor stewarding and club mgmt plus fans of his own club feeling either embarrassed , to miserable to understand or just too old to appreciate football has changed

This is one of the biggest disgraces i have seen or heard of

Yet those who have done it are the ones who dont care what their behaviour is because like
    All popular culture activities you do it because you like it you dont care what people think

And that goes from hoolies to thermos flask miseries
  • Yes it was and should not be used as a stick to beat them with

The sad thing is a young person with passion and the gazumption to make a difference has decided to stop going for a bit due to the actions of shit OB piss poor stewarding and club mgmt plus fans of his own club feeling either embarrassed , to miserable to understand or just too old to appreciate football has changed

This is one of the biggest disgraces i have seen or heard of

Yet those who have done it are the ones who dont care what their behaviour is because like
    All popular culture activities you do it because you like it you dont care what people think

And that goes from hoolies to thermos flask miseries

On the money!
  • So everyone except me understands and approves this remark, right?

No i didnt get it either and thought you made a fair comment.
  • edited April 2013
    <blockquote class="Quote" rel="andynelson">So everyone except me understands and approves this remark, right?</blockquote>

I think they are saying you and your type are the reason they've given up.

Just me reading between the lines, you did ask, a number of times!