Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Your thoughts on Red Division

Comments

• edited April 2013
    Keep Red Division, lets be honest Charlton need atmosphere.......
  • Don't let the red division die. Thet are our future. I'm sure most of the CL old farts were young and passionate once.

This. I read through the thread "red division of 80/90s" and it was class. Sounded like some real friendships were formed on the terraces of Upton Park and Selhurst and a lot of fun was had. So why should our generation miss out?

I understand why people condemn football violence,the flares and other illegal acts at football,but to put a group of kids off supporting their/our team? Pretty poor in my opinion

• edited April 2013
  • Some of us from back then were not at the
    Same school we had no mobiles abd no social media we were brothers through charlton and still see eachother at football now some 20+ years later

I am sure the same can be said of those 30+ later etc

The boys should take stock learn and return without seeking approval
  • Some of us from back then were not at the
    Same school we had no mobiles abd no social media we were brothers through charlton and still see eachother at football now some 20+ years later

Agree with this.
  • Fancy coming cafc this weekend pal few beers and the footie
  • Yes mate, I aint got my boy so that will be good.... At West Ham tomorrow v Mancs meeting at 4pm....... Oh and for the record I expect our youngsters to be singing the whole way through that match and will disappointed if they don't.
  • Think the word thing has been exaggerated/lost in translation a bit.

From what I remember it was more people wanted clarification from RD that they weren't claiming to be anything more than a group of singers in the ground.

Was nothing more than that, they said that's all they were into and it was left at there. Personally I wasn't the biggest fan, but each to their own.

• uncle said:

Some of us from back then were not at the

Agree with this.
    so do I.
    The atmosphere at the valley sometimes is dire and needs something to get it going.
    imho the RD shot themselves in the foot with the masked photo, the flag and the sitting near the away fans.
    They were PERCIEVED by the authorities to be something they are not.
  • Red Division seem a bit quiet, were they shut down, don't seem to be active on twitter anymore
  • Sponsored links:

• Shame if they have gone, think they were a good thing

All the talk of Palace comparisons is rubbish IMHO, as the Ultra thing is becoming more and more popular at many clubs
  • They probably got tired of all the stick they got from other Charlton supporters, just for trying to improve an atmosphere.

• I just hope none of the lads have been put off going to matches. Some were quite young and the criticism of them was way OTT, as was their treatment by the police at the cup match.
  • They've quit.
  • The blanket brigade can rest easy
  • Doubt it was the "older pro family type" who were threatening RD.

From the comments I've seen the "older/family" fans were quite supportive.

The fans who seemed to have a problem with them were, imho, younger fans and/or those who felt it was "embassassing" to sing palace songs or be like the palace ultras or have a name as this wasn't "cool" in some way and didn't fit their image of fans should behave.

Seems more like it was the stewards and police who put them off using the name in any case.

Agree with NLA, should have just got on with it and not sought approval. Support the team how you want be that singing or sitting in silence (within reason and the law) but let others do the same.

• If they have quit (and I don't really have any feelings on this one way or the other) then I would be interested to see if the flares all disappear this season.
    A lot of the early aggression against the RD was (IMO) because fans thought they were the ones bringing flares to the game. The denied this and said the emergence of flares at the same time as they started was coincidental.
    So if they go away and the flares go away, will this also be a coincidence?
  • DRF said:

If they have quit (and I don't really have any feelings on this one way or the other) then I would be interested to see if the flares all disappear this season.
    A lot of the early aggression against the RD was (IMO) because fans thought they were the ones bringing flares to the game. The denied this and said the emergence of flares at the same time as they started was coincidental.
    So if they go away and the flares go away, will this also be a coincidence?

No because now clubs are more aware of the fad of bringing flares to football, so cut down on it.

Not a fair way to judge
  • Think they've quit now. Shame as I think it was a better atmosphere, Bristol City away. You lads made that a much better day.
  • was hoping I could inspire them to show at Wednesday's demo, after all it the yoof who are being priced out of the game that is a huge concern of ours and others, and we want a good Charlton contingent, perhaps someone can pass this on them
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2013
  • edited June 2013
    clearly I have no sway but I would ask you to have a re-think lads and get yourselves onto the terracing for the Welling game.

we need supporters like you.

you're one of the reasons my son and his mates get so involved. this lot are the next generation.

still a while to go before the season kicks off properly and what else are you gonna do on a Saturday....Bluewater, hang around on street corners with your hoods up, be radicalised?

• can't agree more, and if us oldies needs to don our hoodies poorly fitting jeans and large trainers and stand with you I'm in! I'm great at doing the embarassing Dad bit :D
  • Football season has finished......
  • Macronate said:

clearly I have no sway but I would ask you to have a re-think lads and get yourselves onto the terracing for the Welling game.

we need supporters like you.

you're one of the reasons my son and his mates get so involved. this lot are the next generation.

still a while to go before the season kicks off properly and what else are you gonna do on a Saturday....Bluewater, hang around on street corners with your hoods up, be radicalised?

• Though RD was brilliant, echo what others say. Get back involved next season lads.
  • Anyone at Watford away will agree that they should carry on. Seem like a decent group of youngsters.
  • They've "quit". Ok? Does that mean they aren't capable of making an atmosphere still?
  • Just do it anyway. Why do you have to be called something?! You do not need a group name and a Twitter account to make an atmosphere.

Bristol city last season was excellent. I stood amongst them accidently as i didn't even know who they were then. Just thought they were a few youngsters up for a laugh. Do not see why that has to change.
  • We need to flare/fire bomb the entire lower tier at the den next season, that will teach them to take it away from us.