Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Your thoughts on Red Division

Comments

• Portch said:

Portch said:

Portch said:

Yeah definitely. But to be honest most people on here will probably say it's embarrassing, but shouldn't they care about the atmosphere at games at The Valley? After all it can have an effect on our team's performances on the pitch.

Pretty sure most of the payers love the atmosphere at the ground, most speak about how great the fans are in interviews and on twitter.

Would it be nice for more people to sing, well aways but from where I "Stand" in the upper north everyone in the mighty J block do sing.

do we need to turn ourselves into the Palace Ultras, definitely not.

So yes more singing maybe but not something that is rehearsed its football not a tv programme.

the Millwall fans at the end of the game that was embarrassing, it was clearly rehearsed and as soon as the ref blew the full time whistle they started
    They do like the atmosphere but imagine how much better it could be if more than just north upper sang?

What do you mean about the Millwall fans? You talking about the smoke grenades?
    No I mean the clearly choreographed singing as soon as the ref blew for full time
    I don't recall that.
    Really?

As soon as the whistle went they all started singing
    millwall, you'll never beat millwall, you'll never beat millwall, millwall
  • Oh yeah that's the one, cheers haha. Can't wait for our visit to the Den actually, maybe we'll have another striker on board by then?
  • New song to the tune by The Wombats: Lets sing with Red Division and celebrate the irony, Charlton are our number one and we're so happy...
  • Any movement of fans to create a singing area will have to be organised by the club. I'm all for it to be honest, can only be a good thing as far as I can tell

But that's what the covered end is, you get a ticket for the upper north if you wanna stand and sing.

if you wanna sit and be quiet eating your prawn sandwich, you get a ticket in the west
    Being a west stand crustacean I almost flagged that :)
  • Portch said:

Portch said:

Portch said:

Yeah definitely. But to be honest most people on here will probably say it's embarrassing, but shouldn't they care about the atmosphere at games at The Valley? After all it can have an effect on our team's performances on the pitch.

Pretty sure most of the payers love the atmosphere at the ground, most speak about how great the fans are in interviews and on twitter.

Would it be nice for more people to sing, well aways but from where I "Stand" in the upper north everyone in the mighty J block do sing.

So yes more singing maybe but not something that is rehearsed its football not a tv programme.

the Millwall fans at the end of the game that was embarrassing, it was clearly rehearsed and as soon as the ref blew the full time whistle they started
    They do like the atmosphere but imagine how much better it could be if more than just north upper sang?

No I mean the clearly choreographed singing as soon as the ref blew for full time
    I don't recall that.
    Cos you were probably scarpering down Floyd Rd at the time............... ;-)
  • A group of adults (assume they're all over 18?) giving themselves a name, especially one like 'Red Division' is pretty embarrassing.
  • edited December 2014

the other thing is I think we have a fan group where there are lots of people who are 50+ who are more than happy to sit quietly

Oi, we all used to be young once and some of us still haven't grown up! Now what's the proper words of that 'Ally Ally Oop' song for Saturday I don't want to stick out like a sore thumb at Forest. :-)
  • A group of adults (assume they're all over 18?) giving themselves a name, especially one like 'Red Division' is pretty embarrassing.

yes, I mentioned that to the local Hells Angels.
    I'm still trying to remove my head from my arse.
    What do The Masons make of it all ?

The Women's Institute are up in arms.
  • Sponsored links:

All started when those Germans called themselves 'Nazis'.
  • Any movement of fans to create a singing area will have to be organised by the club. I'm all for it to be honest, can only be a good thing as far as I can tell

Think the club getting involved was where the problem started. Used to be a cracking atmosphere in the Covered End until they rebuilt it and designated upstairs as the singing bit.

Used to be constant noise in the E and F Blocks, and none of us needed to give ourselves a silly name.
  • Portch said:

Portch said:

Millwall couldn't choreograph a piss up in a brewery...
  • Oi, we all used to be young once and some of us still haven't grown up! Now what's the proper words of that 'Ally Ally Oop' song for Saturday I don't want to stick out like a sore thumb at Forest. :-)
    its ally ally oohh ally ally oohh CAFCccc Red and white armyyyy
  • cant see how this is trying to be like palace we wont be calling ourselves ultras and all dressing in black but even so because of there ultra group they have been rated the best fans in the country and are known for being loud and as for a name can attract people to group and its better people saying that red division lot where signing all game than that Charlton group where signing all game
  • Rated by who? I didn't get asked.
  • I can assure you it isn't.
  • papers, media and fans obviously we wouldn't rate them and I dont think they ring up every football fan in the country and ask them so not surprise you didn't get asked
  • Portch said:

Portch said:

Millwall couldn't choreograph a piss up in a brewery...
    No, but they could choreograph a piss up with special brew in the street.
  • Sponsored links:

• Please get rid of this thread. I'm cringing at myself
  • Please get rid of this thread. I'm cringing at myself

Your thoughts on Red Division?
  • The joys of youth Jr anything that annoys so many old fuddy duddy blanket users is good for me don't cringe embrace
  • WSS said:

Rated by who? I didn't get asked.

Probably because you're over 18.
  • Don't start doing all the palace displays and shitty flags, but I think a group of people who will actually sing in North lower will boost the atmosphere, and it'll look much better on FLS or if we are on telly again.
  • Problem is that North Lower tickets are the most expensive in the home end to match the Jimmy Seed prices we charge away fans. No-one will move there and pay higher prices.
  • Why has this even been brought up it's like 2 years old. What a divvy I was haha

You wait until I dig up the Marvin Sordell thread.

On another note I think the club could do more to improve the atmosphere at the valley.
  • If they do go down the Palace route - bouncing about in the ground, hoods up, spending all game goading the oppo etc etc - they need to realise they could come unstuck somewhere and will only have themselves to blame.

I don't think at somewhere like Birmingham they will be able to explain that they were only there to 'create an atmosphere'!
  • Why has this even been brought up it's like 2 years old. What a divvy I was haha

You wait until I dig up the Marvin Sordell thread.

On another note I think the club could do more to improve the atmosphere at the valley.
    Jesus Christ, I've had some blinders haven't i