Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Your thoughts on Red Division

167891012»

Comments

• Any movement of fans to create a singing area will have to be organised by the club. I'm all for it to be honest, can only be a good thing as far as I can tell

But that's what the covered end is, you get a ticket for the upper north if you wanna stand and sing.

if you wanna sit and be quiet eating your prawn sandwich, you get a ticket in the west
    I'm in the West Upper, find the sarnies a bit too expensive for my liking.
  • Don't get me wrong I am all for more people singing but all I am saying is Red Division us not getting more people singing, it will be the same people just in a different area and looking like idiots if it turns out like the palace ultras.

the other thing is I think we have a fan group where there are lots of people who are 50+ who are more than happy to sit quietly

We don't have much of a 'geezers' following in the same way Chelsea and Leeds do.
  • Any movement of fans to create a singing area will have to be organised by the club. I'm all for it to be honest, can only be a good thing as far as I can tell

But that's what the covered end is, you get a ticket for the upper north if you wanna stand and sing.

if you wanna sit and be quiet eating your prawn sandwich, you get a ticket in the west
    I'm in the West Upper, find the sarnies a bit too expensive for my liking.
    Imported prawns mate just inflates the price
  • Don't get me wrong I am all for more people singing but all I am saying is Red Division us not getting more people singing, it will be the same people just in a different area and looking like idiots if it turns out like the palace ultras.

the other thing is I think we have a fan group where there are lots of people who are 50+ who are more than happy to sit quietly

We don't have much of a 'geezers' following in the same way Chelsea and Leeds do.
    Good.
  • Cafcloyal said:

Oi, we all used to be young once and some of us still haven't grown up! Now what's the proper words of that 'Ally Ally Oop' song for Saturday I don't want to stick out like a sore thumb at Forest. :-)
    its ally ally oohh ally ally oohh CAFCccc Red and white armyyyy

Cheers mate have a gold star for care in the community. :-)
  • edited December 2014

Why has this even been brought up it's like 2 years old. What a divvy I was haha

You wait until I dig up the Marvin Sordell thread.

On another note I think the club could do more to improve the atmosphere at the valley.
    Jesus Christ, I've had some blinders haven't i
    Tip of the iceberg, the Fox has contacts primed to haunt you :-0

Good.

Numbers wise you are correct, but we do have an element of fans that are growing in their reputation, regardless of anyone's opinion on how groups of young men attend football and spend their time and loyalty to their club, we are a team from sth east London with a high level of estates and groups of young men within our catchment area, it's only natural that they will gravitate towards a club,

The fact we had no home for many years meant a generation went elsewhere, now they attend in and around the ground

Football has always had this element, it always will, we have always had at charlton these fans, and they are fans, some will disagree that's neither here nor there for me,

Red Division were not this group were not trying to be they were trying to generate noise and enjoyment for like minded vocal youngsters, I never agreed with the naming of a group, I worried for their safety as they were being portrayed as something they were not, by other clubs

• Why has this even been brought up it's like 2 years old. What a divvy I was haha

Nothing to be embarrassed about at all GJ.

Its mainly an age thing. I think people sometimes forget that those who contribute on here will range from their teens up to their 70s. Everyone of them though was a teenager once, and there will be hundreds on here who at that point were caught up with being / or wanting to be the latest little youth mob, or the next breed of youngsters at the back to take the atmosphere on. That would have been the case in the old Covered End, in the Arthur Wait at Selhurst, the North Bank at Upton Park, and now the back of the North Upper.

its always happened, and always will. Those of us older than that need to cut the youngsters some slack, and those youngsters equally need to know not to cross the line (ie. chucking of flares on your own etc)
  • Why has this even been brought up it's like 2 years old. What a divvy I was haha

Its mainly an age thing. I think people sometimes forget that those who contribute on here will range from their teens up to their 70s. Everyone of them though was a teenager once, and there will be hundreds on here who at that point were caught up with being / or wanting to be the latest little youth mob, or the next breed of youngsters at the back to take the atmosphere on. That would have been the case in the old Covered End, in the Arthur Wait at Selhurst, the North Bank at Upton Park, and now the back of the North Upper.

its always happened, and always will. Those of us older than that need to cut the youngsters some slack, and those youngsters equally need to know not to cross the line (ie. chucking of flares on your own etc)
    Good post AFKA, Jnr has no need to cringe, Im so pleased I didn't live parts of my youth out on the internet.......!
  • Greenie said:

Why has this even been brought up it's like 2 years old. What a divvy I was haha

Good post AFKA, Jnr has no need to cringe, Im so pleased I didn't live parts of my youth out on the internet.......!
    Age should be no barrier - there's still time, Greenie, there's still time. :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Far more cringe on here than a bunch of lads wanting a better atmosphere at Charlton matches @Greenie Junior
  • i personally think we should start up red division again just to boost our players morale
  • Sounds a bit Soviet Union
  • Sounds a bit Soviet Union

still a good way to get behind the team and have a laugh along the way