Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Your thoughts on Red Division

Comments

• Red Division's youth wing in full flow at Hull. Lad of ~ 7 standing & singing non stop, even had others join in from time to time.

He was class, please don't score, please don't score!

Was that RD around him? I'm trying to remember which player at the 2unlimted chant, was it Pritchard?

• Don't think it was RD.

Didn't hear a 2 unlimited chant but surely it would work better with 2 players (Man City sing it to the Toure brothers), Ricky Fuller and perhaps Hamer
  • just saw that we have now got the most hooligan groups than any other club. some berk has labelled the red division as one of them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_hooligan_firms

Its amazing how much of what you read on wikipedia is correct isn't it?
  • I'd like to join Red Division, they sound fun...is there an age limit?

• Red Division's youth wing in full flow at Hull. Lad of ~ 7 standing & singing non stop, even had others join in from time to time.

Was that RD around him? I'm trying to remember which player at the 2unlimted chant, was it Pritchard?
    That was me and my mates. We're not in RD.

The young kid is a guy called Taylor, he's hilarious, loves the singing!

That was me and my mates. We're not in RD.

The young kid is a guy called Taylor, he's hilarious, loves the singing!
    He is my mates boy deffo RD yooooooooothhhhh
  • Taylors my boy, he's 5, loves the singing and was starting loads of songs off on saturday, he had a great time despite the result
  • edited February 2013
    They need to up their game a bit. Check out the old Skool "Red Division" threads to see how it should be done.
  • Just wanted to show this, not got anything to do with Charlton but shows what the stripey nigels are up to.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IL47U4rZj_k

Palace fans never called them scum etc when they let flares off and made a show. Hey we're not nigels are we? We're posher than that :D
  • Are they singing we are the nigels 20 seconds in that? lol

:----)
  • Sponsored links:

• bring danny haynes bring danny haynes bring danny haynes on - qaulity
  • All gone quiet?
  • "over there"
  • Should try sitting in the lower west for the Bristol game think that would be quality!
  • I'd imagine the fact that they had their first experience of being treated like criminals put a few off.
  • All gone quiet?

Yep Greenie Junior's had enough of the agg. Not been to the Valley for a few games. At the moment hes not renewing, just going away games next season.
    I think the Police attention to what was explained to them and the club as a bunch of teenagers having fun and not a firm (makes me laugh that expression) was a pain. They lads started it with the best intention and I think they've been worn down, but if/when he sees this I'm sure he will answer.

On a personal note and, again, not wanting to get too involved, I dont blame him, I got fed up with some of the moaning posters on here saying that the RD shouldn't sing this song or that song, getting stick for flares, even though it was not them! There was even a cheeky message on one of the other threads 'blame the red division', which although posted in jest, people will see and the seed is sown. Through enough shit, etc. etc.
    It was just a bunch of teenage kids trying to start some atmosphere, thats all, but as usual on here and elsewhere he got too much stick from the old farts that shout loudest, he doesn't need it.

On the flipside, thanks to the other supporters who were positive, you know who you are.

I dont know what the other lads are up to in RD, I suppose we'll find out come August.
  • Wow all the moaners have put off a young fan...well done. Why can't people support their club how they feel? It's absolutely mental.
  • I can't say I've really noticed the "Red Division". What is the difference between a member and an ordinary Charlton Fan? If my son wants to join how does ho go about it?
  • It was informal andynelson. That was the whole point. Just some younger fans giving it a go in a semi organised manner to create some atmosphere. In my limited experience of seeing/ hearing them they did a great job and hopefully can carry on adding to the atmosphere regardless of what banner they go under and hopefully might have inspired a few others too
  • I'm sorry to have read this Greenie. They were brilliant at the Bristol City and Watford games.
  • Sponsored links:

• I am not surprised he got pissed off with it. The police is one thing but your own fans offering you constant advice on what they'd do / what to sing / what not to sing / what speed to sing at etc must have been tedious.

Being accused of flares and seats etc wouldn't have helped.

Well done to those who scuppered it.
  • Shame that greenie tbh a real shame i would hope that the OB and the shoddy behaviour of
    Those at the club who shouldve embraced and assisted them are the main cause and not listening to other fans who do little or nothing to be vocal other than moan and groan whinge and generally have no life other than

To engage in the behaviour mentioned above
  • edited April 2013
    NLA its a combination of things as i posted above im sure he'll correct me if im wrong!
    I'm sure he will be back but at the moment he's gone cold over it!
    On the plus side we have not lost since he stopped going so he's locked in my cellar until end of May! ;o)
  • Think the 'group' as a name has finished. I said to the boys I couldn't be arsed with the aggro, from police and from fans. Some fans weren't singing songs because we started them and got told a few 'fellas' were lining up to have a 'word' with us lot. As if grief from the police wasnt enough, you get it from your own fans and it just seemed like wasted effort on our front. Most the boys agreed. The lads all still go home and away though.

Haven't been to The Valley since Millwall as I'm just not enjoying it there anymore, as a day and I find myself thinking why am I here? There's been an almost poisnous atmosphere between our own fans this season IMO.

Won't be renewing but will be going to always cos as a day, win or lose I enjoy it more.

Will be back at the valley for the Bristol game
  • Keep him locked up till after the play off final 8)

Sad though tbh he feels that way
  • Think the 'group' as a name has finished. I said to the boys I couldn't be arsed with the aggro, from police and from fans. Some fans weren't singing songs because we started them and got told a few 'fellas' were lining up to have a 'word' with us lot. As if grief from the police wasnt enough, you get it from your own fans and it just seemed like wasted effort on our front. Most the boys agreed. The lads all still go home and away though.

Haven't been to The Valley since Millwall as I'm just not enjoying it there anymore, as a day and I find myself thinking why am I here? There's been an almost poisnous atmosphere between our own fans this season IMO.

Won't be renewing but will be going to always cos as a day, win or lose I enjoy it more.

It's a shame that, not surprised though, charlton fans are there own worst enemies at times
  • edited April 2013
  • Junior - I am sure some would be interesting to hear more about these 'fellas' wanting a chat thing. What a nonsense.

We're pissing ourselves about Millwall's infighting.....
  • Jr thats shit mate

You shouldnt be feeling like that about football until you have kids of your own and things become more important at home

You need to not give a feck about opinions mate

If you go back to any popular culture the longevity of such groups results from not giving a shit like punks , skins, mods, teddys,

And never let ob or stewarding put you off its them you irritate when games are poor as long as you dont step over the boundry of legal - illegal

Most know you were just harmless lads trying to generate noise i know it didbt sit well with all but tbh you were not a hoolie firm and if people got embarresed by it or offended then they need to look at themselves if we have fans that want to be hoolies then i would hope they would want to have a word with hoolies not shirters and understand that those actions are frowned upon and therefore i woukd doubt it was anyone to be concerned about

Shit to hear mate, thought you lads were excellent at Bristol & Watford.