Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Your thoughts on Red Division

Comments

• Off_it said:

Where did you get that photo of Henry, Oggy MOG and me?
  • Keep it up lads. Enjoy the away trips and ignore those who are slating you, you can't please them all!

• Keep going RD , one new song a year with limited lyrics is as good as a take up as you'll get from Charlton , so nothing too clever , it's just not us
  • LenGlover said:

Drink your bovril drink your bovril

Put the East stand on the top

Put the West Stand in the middle

and please don't spill a drop

Nice one, your in Len.
  • Loving the RD vibe, was thinking of getting it crocheted onto my blanket and flask.

What ever you do , don't go there with RD emblazoned on your T shirts.
  • Yes,
    Yes,
    Yes,
    Slow down valley Floyd road, I think it's sung too fast.
    No still quality , keep it going!
  • Just keep the atmosphere high throughout. It'll make such a difference at home especially towards our poor home record. E.G - Cardiff
  • Drop the flare picture, and the red & white army song is a Palace song and should be stopped - anything to improve the atmosphere is great but for some reason, you seem to have picked up a reputation in the short time you've been about.
  • Posting without reading.

Do one thing: care less about what others think of you, just support Charlton as you see fit. (Within the confines of the law and common decency)
  • I still don't really see a difference than the Palace Ultras. It's embarrassing when they do it but somehow great when we do?
  • Sponsored links:

• tom- k said:

I still don't really see a difference than the Palace Ultras. It's embarrassing when they do it but somehow great when we do?

That's the spirit of football. ;)

• Weekend warriors
  • Crack on lads, words in songs are just that dont sweat it

Slow down though for funks sake. That is all
  • Don't bang on the back of the Covered End ??????????????????

Are you mad or just very very old ? People have been banging on the back of the CE since at least the mid 60s. Should we also ban the drum ? How about clapping too loudly? Jesus Christ

Greenie Jnr act your age, you're young you're not supposed to give a shit what all of us old bastards think of you. In fact when you get critisised your supposed to act up all the more. Its
    good manners the fact that you're seeking opinion but honestly I reckon a fair percentage on here were running around in the 70s with scarves tied around their wrist causing mayhem but have forgotten what it's like to be young having fun. Just go for it mate enjoy yourselves & support the club in whatever way you want. You're doing a great job & you don't need anyones permission !!!
  • Bob speaks wise words
  • You need to remove more seats.
  • I've heard of the red division but haven't seen them. Certainly didn't improve the atmosphere at the valley the other week when we didn't have the drum.
  • Think they said before they are trying to make a bigger difference away rather than at home at the moment.

Which is fair enough cos if the football is shit at home they got no chance anyway.
  • JT said:

Bob speaks wise words

Bob took the words right out of my mouth. Crack on...
  • Don't bang on the back of the Covered End ??????????????????

Are you mad or just very very old ? People have been banging on the back of the CE since at least the mid 60s. Should we also ban the drum ? How about clapping too loudly? Jesus Christ

Greenie Jnr act your age, you're young you're not supposed to give a shit what all of us old bastards think of you. In fact when you get critisised your supposed to act up all the more. Its
    good manners the fact that you're seeking opinion but honestly I reckon a fair percentage on here were running around in the 70s with scarves tied around their wrist causing mayhem but have forgotten what it's like to be young having fun. Just go for it mate enjoy yourselves & support the club in whatever way you want. You're doing a great job & you don't need anyones permission !!!

Great post
  • Sponsored links:

• Improved atmosphere at selected aways, atmosphere at home games feels/sounds the same from the north upper

In favour of anyone improving the atmosphere, palace away every week would be great.

RD Ideas - different songs, relentless signing despite the score, ticker tape, everything else you are doing is great

Club ideas - Bring back the killer flag pre match, sort out the music

Ultimately we need to get all 3 sides singing to make the valley a fortress atmosphere wise
  • Keep it simple and change your name to RD.

Slow the songs down (a lot).

Drop the White Stripes song. Everyone does it and it's so boring.

Sing Valley Floyd Road more and try to get more than one verse before giving yourselves a clap. Keep it going.

Bounce more. It's good to look at. Maybe ask Hamer if he wants to bounce? I remember Bob Bolder doing the twist at Ipswich away one year when we asked him to!

Be more creative with new songs. Try to be the ones to follow not the followers.

Hope that helps.
  • I remember the Red Division lads bouncing and singing down the stairs at Wolves after we got a draw. If it hadn't have been for them - our silent away following would have disgraced themselves. In my opinion, and it is only my opinion, the presence of the Red Division have made both the Millwall and Palace games a quality atmosphere - if you want to throw flares, you go ahead and throw flares.

Some of the Ruperts we have following us make me laugh - they'd moan if you turned up with a Charlton shirt that a stain on it or chino's with double creases in them.
  • Defo more bouncing. Love the 'we're gonna bounce in a minute..."
  • tl95 said:

I remember the Red Division lads bouncing and singing down the stairs at Wolves after we got a draw. If it hadn't have been for them - our silent away following would have disgraced themselves. In my opinion, and it is only my opinion, the presence of the Red Division have made both the Millwall and Palace games a quality atmosphere - if you want to throw flares, you go ahead and throw flares.

Some of the Ruperts we have following us make me laugh - they'd moan if you turned up with a Charlton shirt that a stain on it or chino's with double creases in them.

Quality
  • Not hard enough!

; )

seriously I think it's great, better atmosphere since you started definately
  • edited February 2013
    Even the upper west joined in the red & white army, I think we have learnt the words;-)
  • Don't agree that Palace and Millwall atmospheres were in any way improved by the presence of "Red Division." Would have been a quality atmosphere irrespective of them attending - I didn't even know where they were, for example.

As for the rest, nothing wrong with what they're doing or their aims, and we're all part of the same club after all.

Not sure about the name though, as a lot of people have said. Ultimately you're no different from any other supporter so not sure what the purpose of the branding is.

Notwithstanding this, as long as you don't break the law, no-one (and not the fucking police, although they clearly try) can or should tell you what to do or how to support the club.
  • Don't agree that Palace and Millwall atmospheres were in any way improved by the presence of "Red Division." Would have been a quality atmosphere irrespective of them attending - I didn't even know where they were, for example.

As for the rest, nothing wrong with what they're doing or their aims, and we're all part of the same club after all.

Not sure about the name though, as a lot of people have said. Ultimately you're no different from any other supporter so not sure what the purpose of the branding is.

Notwithstanding this, as long as you don't break the law, no-one (and not the fucking police, although they clearly try) can or should tell you what to do or how to support the club.

I don't get why a subgroup of Charlton supporters need an identity personally. Wear the badge, not some gang name.

We already have a distinctive identity borne of our history - and that shouldn't be understated or forgotten. 1984 and 1986 went a long way to shaping the club we know today, why we hate Palace like we do, and why the Valley and what Curbishley, Murray et al brought to the club are so key to who we are today.

I have no issue with people getting involved, trying to get the singing going (we really do need that) and generally injecting a bit of youthful energy into our support, but be part of who we are, don't try to redefine it.

As for the Palace atmosphere, it was no better or worse than most previous atmospheres. That said nothing will rival the energy of the crowd at Selhurst years ago that got Pitcher crapping his pants and getting subbed at half time, that was a very special afternoon.

If the kid who ran over and jumped upon that car was one of yours, best have a quiet word in his shell-like.
  • edited February 2013
    Up for them carrying on, but it's just THAT song - generic, not special, reminds of Palace and sung OVER and OVER again. - Sure we could do better. Then again I spose it's better than silence.