Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Your thoughts on Red Division

Comments

• Keep it up, people can accuse you of all sorts but if you have done nothing wrong then **** them.
  • To be honest if I didn't come on this website I wouldn't have a clue that Red Division existed. For the record, I'm a season ticket holder in NW Upper.
  • dizzee said:

Keep it up....

But try and learn a bit from these geezers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnl5EZjso4I

I'd love to be in the middle of some of that. Quality.
  • dizzee said:

Keep it up....

But try and learn a bit from these geezers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnl5EZjso4I

I'd love to be in the middle of some of that. Quality.
    Go support Fulham then
  • maybe need to do something about your image, help a few old ladies with their shopping, charity work, help the trust do flyers and surveys, that kinda thing
  • razil said:

maybe need to do something about your image, help a few old ladies with their shopping, charity work, help the trust do flyers and surveys, that kinda thing

Underhanded...but clever! :)

• edited February 2013
    I know its hard to believe, but CAS Trust is down with the kids, isn't it! We tweet, we lol, we PMSL, we ROTFL n stuff.. and even wear hoodies. We are the new kids on the block, they were wrappers right?

But seriously, we are online, social media, on the pulse, and on your phone, we are talking to fans finding out what they think, not just a group of our mates, but every Addick who will speak up and be heard - who else is or has ever done that?

So sign up and lets take this club back to where it belongs with a Voice that shouts out loud about our club, with an atmosphere of banners, flags, and noise in a full stadium, with active motivated fans who feel a sense of ownership and pride for their Club, because its in their blood. We need to rebuild revitalise and regenerate our grass roots which in some places are crumbling. Let's stop the rot now, CAS Trust is growing over 100 new members in a fortnight. 5000 hits a month since launch 2 months ago.

Join us!

www.castrust.org/join

We will not Die, Charlton Til I die... and all that!
  • Don't have a problem with the RD be good to see you all or some of you at Hull on Saturday
  • edited February 2013

To be honest if I didn't come on this website I wouldn't have a clue that Red Division existed. For the record, I'm a season ticket holder in NW Upper.

have to agree with this. couple of season ticket fans i know who don't go on fans forums had no idea who the red division were. they thought it had something to do with the russians.

• edited February 2013
    In truth, I just get the impression that the Red Division is a bunch of mates who have just given themselves a name to make them feel like they belong to something 'cool', but deep down is no different to any other group of teenagers who sing at Football.

I know that sounds patronizing, I really don't mean to sound harsh by it. I would go as far as saying 90% of Charlton fans who don't use Twitter or Charlton Life have never heard of you. The other 10% may have seen the banner and wondered what on earth it was.

I cringe at the Palace 'Ultras' stuff but at least their role in the stadium (where they sit, what they sing, wear etc) is pretty defined and recognizable to everyone else. If you're going to have any significant impact on the atmosphere, you're going to need to make yourselves known inside the ground, not just on social media and with a banner.
  • Sponsored links:

• Do they go away games?

If they do and they say they don't know who RD are then they're talkin poo
  • .i can see some survey#3 questions here..
  • edited February 2013
    Loving the effort and away day atmosphere in general has gotten better. Perhaps a relocation from the north upper to spread the atmosphere around a bit. But hopefully this group is still in its infancy and you'll be planning for next season. Keep up the good work.
  • Do they go away games?

I go to away games. I wouldn't know, but for this forum
  • Well done to Red Division for making loud support their purpose and yes the rest of us do need leadership when it comes to singing and the best they have done is when they are singing about charlton and not the opposition. If I were a player I would prefer to listen supportive songs of me and the rest of the team and not about the opposition. If I were a player I would prefer for support to be related to the game and not for that support to virtually ignore the game, go down to the other end of the east stand to focus on the opposing teams fans (Huddersfield fa cup) I loved Watford Millwall Palace away and it did bond us all together and so long as we can respect property and decency we should become stronger and louder as a fanbase so yes well done and keep it up
  • edited February 2013

Do they go away games?

Really?? So you haven't seen the 20ft banner with 'Red Division' across it? Or the drum that doesn't stop getting banged at nearly all away games.

If you went Watford, for example, I can't see how you didn't realise there was a large group of youngsters at the back that moved to the front. That was them.

I wouldn't say I 'know' any of them, but they are pretty easy to spot.
  • plenty of space down the front at Watford
  • look its easy make sure you dont sing any song that hhas any thing in it that could be even slightly:
    *racist
    *Homophobic
    *Hight-ist
    *Fat-ist
    *regional-ist
    *Vegan-ist
    *(anything that could be an IST)
    *No songs with swear words
    *Dont stand up
    *No flares worn or set light to
    *No banners unless they say "be careful out there"
    *Make sure you all have a CRB check before going to the Valley

After you master all the above -----either take your pulse to see if your actually living or go to the theatre where there will be a better atmosphere
  • It's all about positivity for me. I like the songs as long as they exclude bad language, you certainly improve the atmosphere in the North Upper. Good behaviour is essential otherwise you will only damage the reputation of the Club. Keep it up lads, and somebody please remove that picture of me and my mates on the bench !
  • Sponsored links:

• RD are no diffrent to me and all the boys who stood at the back of the north bank upton park. We had a laugh we sang our hearts out we went to away games. That was 20+ years ago most of them boys are now bald overweight men who still go to the valley and still sing and go to away games. These are the best days of your life RD carry on with what you are doing as long as we dont go down the palace route i dont mind to much. I think the only thing you have done wrong is to give yourself a name. Hopefully the club relise that a atmosphere is what is needed at the valley and dont start hounding you out but i wont hold my breath on that.
  • It's good that they've gone unnoticed IMO. It's shuts up the people who complain about the group giving themselves a name.

I only really noticed them at Wolves and Watford after a mate pointed out their banner.

Hoist the Addicks flag has to be sung at Hull!
  • Are we in for another RD appearance in East standard block A for the home game on march 16th? The north stand wasn't the same without you guys for the huddersfield game, and it looked like you had fun
  • Do they go away games?

Really?? So you haven't seen the 20ft banner with 'Red Division' across it? Or the drum that doesn't stop getting banged at nearly all away games.

If you went Watford, for example, I can't see how you didn't realise there was a large group of youngsters at the back that moved to the front. That was them.

I wouldn't say I 'know' any of them, but they are pretty easy to spot.
    Yep really. Swear we've always had a drum?
  • Totally in favour of RD. Keep it up lads. Agree about getting an original signature song though.
  • Rob said:

Totally in favour of RD. Keep it up lads. Agree about getting an original signature song though.

How about singing this from the Wombats:

Let's dance like Red Division
    And celebrate the irony
    Everything is going wrong
    But we're so happy

You could sing it after we've conceded to try and get the atmos back. Would be better still if you invented a little dance to go with it though - or perhaps just bounced up and down.
  • Yep anyone giving some more passion and voice to supporting the team is brilliant. If im on my own i choose to be at the back with the atmosphere.

Just one thought about the buzzing down to the front stuff, If i'm with my little boy, il head towards the front as we will need to sit and also not be in spitting distance of some of the more vitriolic songs. if then all you guys head down to the front and are standing are we supposed to move again ?
  • just saw that we have now got the most hooligan groups than any other club. some berk has labelled the red division as one of them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_hooligan_firms
  • Think we need more of this guys.

(Yes I realise I've posted it before. It's probably my favourite video. Ever)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUX-SgwWNzY

• Red Division's youth wing in full flow at Hull. Lad of ~ 7 standing & singing non stop, even had others join in from time to time.