Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Your thoughts on Red Division

Comments

• As long as you;re not the ones that bang on the back of the covered upper the good luck to you.

As opposed to the covered lower.
  • Haven't really noticed a big group of you yet (unless udders cup game that was you near the away but was under the impression it was n/u lads) BUT couldn't care less any incline of an attempt at making atmosphere I'm all for it and will happily join in if I ever meet you lads
  • cafctom said:

You're not destroying the club, you're getting behind the team which is great.

Personally, I don't see why there needs to be a 'name' attributed to the group. Its probably half the reason you've found yourself getting abused by fellow supporters on Twitter because it makes you an easy target. Not to mention some police attention at Huddersfield by all accounts.

Really not a fan of copying other supporters' songs, traditions (If you don't bounce your Palace, we're the red and white army etc). For me that just neutralizes the atmosphere and the away fans' perceptions of us. We need to be a lot more unique in our identity if its going to persuade the masses to get behind what you're doing IMO.

This^^^^
  • edited February 2013

@nicholas being accused of smashing up the cars and ground apparently all us, letting off the flares was apparently us too and smashing up the toilets aswell. Being told we're ruining the club and gates will come down to 10,000 all because of us

Cheers for the response, Ignore all the crap and carry on. At the end of the day the only time anything has happened has been at palace and millwall away, two local derbys. Same happens whenever we haver played them in the past well before you lot started the red division.
  • Mixed opinions....

-Don't see the need for a name.
    -Despite your claims, at least some of you see yourselves as 'ultras'. That's also evident by the banner.
    -Same tune over and over.

I do like the idea in concept though, had fun near you guys at Bristol City and you clearly made an effort at Watford down the front. As said before, bring a few older chants in and you'll win a lot more people over.
  • Ambivalent. Good to see new young blood getting behind the team but the name (any name) and the flares monickers is just setting yourselves up for abuse at a time when some of us are concerned about unwelcome "bovver" when we should be concentrating on our Bovril. The banging on the metal stuff is a pain and I'm not a flares fan but if that's not you guys fair enough but as others have said you are making yourselves an easy target. Lose the name, make lots of inoffensive noise and good luck to you in my view.
  • having the initials "RD" etched onto the outside of the flares was not a good idea.

otherwise, keep it going.
  • Thanks for your comments, all opinions are welcome.

The song issue is hard as we wanted to add more songs but the only one that's caught on is we're the red and white army.

The name is so we're recognised for Making a change also giving ourselves an identity makes people want to get more involved and makes us new approachable.

Also like to put it out there that members of RD have never once brought a flare to a match
  • Stick with it.

I imagine the idea of a name is to make people aware of the attempt to create a better atmosphere and make it easier to get involved, which makes sense to me. You can't account for people who believe just because you have a name it means you are up for aggro.

It's like the Barmy army at England cricket games. It creates a unity and anyone watching that wants to get involved has a name to try and attach themselves with. I'd imagine its easier to be part of 'the Barmy army' than it is just 'England cricket fans'. Same applies with red division and charlton supporters.

Away support seems much better. Home support at the valley is always gonna be shite unless theirs excitement on the pitch.

Keep It goin lads.
  • Keep it going lads. Ignore the moaners that don't like change. Add a few new songs to the mix and slow them down a bit. Good luck to you.
  • Sponsored links:

• The song issue is hard as we wanted to add more songs but the only one that's caught on is we're the red and white army.

Think you have to be patient with new songs. Especially if they're long and have a few lines to them, don't think you gave the hoist the flag one enough to bed in if I'm honest.

R&W army is always going to catch on fast as it's an easy to tune to pick up, but you've got to be persistent with the others. It might take half a season but you'll get others joining in eventually.
  • Drink your bovril drink your bovril

Put the East stand on the top

Put the West Stand in the middle

and please don't spill a drop

• The song issue is hard as we wanted to add more songs but the only one that's caught on is we're the red and white army.

Think you have to be patient with new songs. Especially if they're long and have a few lines to them, don't think you gave the hoist the flag one enough to bed in if I'm honest.

R&W army is always going to catch on fast as it's an easy to tune to pick up, but you've got to be persistent with the others. It might take half a season but you'll get others joining in eventually.
    The Andy Hunt song took months
  • What's the hoist the flag song I haven't heard it?
  • Keep it loud and proud boys!
  • I do agree you don't / shouldn't need a name. If you had just gone about it on a match to match basis with your mates, people would notice out of their own accord rather than giving yourself a brand and an easy target and blame for things that probably weren't you.

I like the flares in the right situation. Thought they were great at Millwall.
  • Well the Police know who you are now!

Be sensible and don't go looking for uncessary aggro.
  • Asking the grumpy old men on here for thoughts on what you are doing or should do is probably not a good idea. Make your own mistakes, have a good time making them and don't hurt anyone in the process.
  • Sponsored links:

• As a West Stand bovril drinker I'm all for an improved atmosphere, for my entertainment obviously, as you get nasty looks if you sing or leap up spontaneously. Cardiff was fantastic and I hoped it would become the norm. Some people near me completely let themselves go and started clapping along to the Chrissie Powell chant. Since then though it's been the same as usual, sadly.
    Keep going though. If you are what you say you are then I wish you every success.
  • I haven't noticed it, but then again I haven't gone away this season. But from reports it sounds like you're doing a good job. As previously stated, the name and the first pics of the faces covered etc were a bad idea, and the timing of the trouble/flares coming along at the same time as you is probably just a coincidence.
  • Stick with it.

I imagine the idea of a name is to make people aware of the attempt to create a better atmosphere and make it easier to get involved, which makes sense to me. You can't account for people who believe just because you have a name it means you are up for aggro.

It's like the Barmy army at England cricket games. It creates a unity and anyone watching that wants to get involved has a name to try and attach themselves with. I'd imagine its easier to be part of 'the Barmy army' than it is just 'England cricket fans'. Same applies with red division and charlton supporters.

Away support seems much better. Home support at the valley is always gonna be shite unless theirs excitement on the pitch.

Keep It goin lads.

• The only time I have noticed RD was at home v Huddrsfield and I did not see any reason to move to the East Stand, to be closer to the opposition fans. However, that said sing, chant, make a noise ... why not you are the younger generation.

One of the problems you have is you are a new phenomenon and a few incidents have occurred which may not have anything to do with but immediately you are linked to it, by assumption.

From my perspective as long are you are positively supporting the club respecting other supporters then THEY should respect you. You are the present and future people like me are the present and the past. We are handing over the baton to you and your group to support this club we all love loudly and proudly and in a way that we enables us to say "Red Division" we're proud of them
  • Personally like what he RD are doing, but for it to grow at home games you need your own area.Despite the earlier problems if you could get 200-300RD inblckA and B of the east, you might see a better atmosphere. Any plans to go in real numbers to there again next season or even Millwall this , now that would be fun?
  • edited February 2013
    Great idea, you just need your own song, especially as it will wind "the haters" up even more :) Maybe some of the better song writers on here and come up with something to Joy Division by The Wombats...We are the red division...In fact just change the chorus to use red division and instead of our glass use our flare.
  • I love RD. we need it, sick of bein made to look like a bunch of Muppets by other clubs, its good .like back in the prem days, a bit of fire in our bellies, its a good thing! Keep it up, I'm with ya #cafc
  • edited February 2013
    Good luck to them - more than happy that they've at least tried to do something different.

If only I was 30 years younger, I'm sure I'd have joined in with gusto.

Keep it up guys and have a real try at increasing your numbers.
  • Stick with it do what you want , i have offered you all the advice i think you should pay attention too

If anyone thinks you are ruining the club then they are thick and need to have a good look at themselves

Do not look to encompass to many people that you do not know as it will cause you an issue

• Thought they were quality at Watford.