Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Your thoughts on Red Division

Comments

• I really don't understand why so many people have an issue with them having their own name/identity. If that's what they want, where's the harm in it? There are plenty of other sub-groups of Charlton fans who choose to call themselves something, including Lifers, but no-one bats an eyelid at these.

As for the Red & White Army, I like it. But then, I was always a fan of the White Stripes. It strikes me that one of the poorest things about Charlton as a club (other than the bank balance) is the repertoire of songs, If Red Division have increased our playlist by just one, then they've done a bloody good thing.

Keep up the good work.
  • edited February 2013
    Stop singing Palace songs. Simple as that toget more people on your side. It was said a hundred times on a precious thread so you obviously don't really care what the rest of the fans really think. Until the song stops will call you red and blue division as that is what you remind me of when you sing palace songs. Why not pick an old song from a musical, how about you'll never walk alone. Who cares if another team sings it eh?
  • It aint a palace song though

Here we go again

First time i heard it was stevenage atleast 2 seasons before palace sang it
  • it was sung at the England game last week too.
  • I wonder if the England fans at the euros refused to sing it because it was a 'palace song'
  • How about some kind of banner tribute to the parent Palace group?
  • Do people have the same problem with the 'Barmy Army'? I mean they all support England so why do they need a name?
  • JT said:

I wonder if the England fans at the euros refused to sing it because it was a 'palace song'

Some did.

Definitely could do with something that doesn't cause an argument, like the hoist the addicks flag chant.
  • I wonder if the England fans at the euros refused to sing it because it was a 'palace song'
    England supporters hate Palace.
  • It is a fact that many people associate the song with Palace, even if other clubs/countries sing it.

If you hear hooves, think horses not zebras.

I would not call You'll never walk alone a Celtic song, even though they sing it.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 2013
    Are they the lads that wear those skinny jeans (young lads seem alot thinner then when I was their age), saw plenty of them at Millwall (not sure if they were RD or not). Anything that improves the atmosphere is OK by me, though as previously mentioned it would have been good for Palace and Millwall away, just need to get it going at the Valley (like the Cardiff game).
  • MrOneLung said:

Stop singing Palace songs. Simple as that toget more people on your side. It was said a hundred times on a precious thread so you obviously don't really care what the rest of the fans really think. Until the song stops will call you red and blue division as that is what you remind me of when you sing palace songs. Why not pick an old song from a musical, how about you'll never walk alone. Who cares if another team sings it eh?

In that case we'd better stop singing Valley Floyd Road as Forest were singing their version years before we adopted/adapted it.

Certainly most of the Covered End don't have a problem singing Red&White army, it just seems to be a few keyboard warriors.
  • MrOneLung said:

In that case we'd better stop singing Valley Floyd Road as Forest were singing their version years before we adopted/adapted it.

Certainly most of the Covered End don't have a problem singing Red&White army, it just seems to be a few keyboard warriors.
    Well said.
  • How about 'We're the Red and White Army, we cant win at the Valley'? ;o)
  • They were good at watford not much else sticks in my mind. They really improved it at watford which I enjoyed.
  • A fart could of improved the atmosphere at watford... i thought most of the home fans were cardboard cut outs but with less brain cells. Only noise came from our end (apart from the 3 minutes they were 3-2 up)
  • Hope some of RD are making the next 2 away trips, definitely adds to the noise from our stand and the players appreciate it more when they can hear us
  • A fart could of improved the atmosphere at watford... i thought most of the home fans were cardboard cut outs but with less brain cells. Only noise came from our end (apart from the 3 minutes they were 3-2 up)

I cannot argue about the lack of atmosphere generally but your going to get even less sitting next to the family stand sadly..

I cannot argue about the lack of atmosphere generally but your going to get even less sitting next to the family stand sadly..
    The thing that suprised me was even when you scored it seemed a little half-hearted. A good team in excellent form deserved a little better from your crowd i thought....unless you were 'expecting' to beat us.
  • Maybe some of the latter or we just don't have the passion of support the really traditional big clubs do...I am sure there are a few fans who support other clubs as well as Watford.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 2013

A fart could of improved the atmosphere at watford... i thought most of the home fans were cardboard cut outs but with less brain cells. Only noise came from our end (apart from the 3 minutes they were 3-2 up)

The thing that suprised me was even when you scored it seemed a little half-hearted. A good team in excellent form deserved a little better from your crowd i thought....unless you were 'expecting' to beat us.
    To be fair VG our support was a lot like that last season when we expected to coast through games.

• Nicholas said:

A fart could of improved the atmosphere at watford... i thought most of the home fans were cardboard cut outs but with less brain cells. Only noise came from our end (apart from the 3 minutes they were 3-2 up)

To be fair VG our support was a lot like that last season when we expected to coast through games.

Fair point!
  • Keep it up....

But try and learn a bit from these geezers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnl5EZjso4I
  • That video is mental.
  • dont let ME14addick see that video for christ sake!
  • i think rd are a good thing for the club, they behave and are clearly passionate about there club in a non intimidating way. so what if they did/didnt let off flares just let them have there fun, who are we to judge
  • dizzee said:

Keep it up....

But try and learn a bit from these geezers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnl5EZjso4I

I wouldnt like to be on those teams forums after those matches. Proper telling offs I reckon.
  • Haven't seen the twitter site or any of the comments having a go at you but are you 100% sure all the abusive comments are from fellow charlton fans? Could any be from another club just trying to wind you up?
  • keep up the good work RD! Fair play. As far as the cutting out offensive songs. You will have trouble with that because most on here find anything offensive!
  • i think rd are a good thing for the club, they behave and are clearly passionate about there club in a non intimidating way. so what if they did/didnt let off flares just let them have there fun, who are we to judge

because there illeagal blah blah blah