Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Nigel Adkins

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2013
    To paraphrase Yoshida, their Japanese defender's comments about Nigel Adkins on Premier League World:

"He is a very nice guy. It is probably the first time that I have worked with such a positive person and Manager in my career. What is great about him is the way he treats his players. His attitude towards us definitely has a positive affect on the team and is a big reason for our change in form".
  • Options
    I'm hearing that Adkins left the ground in tears.

No one seems to have a bad word about him. Paul Hayes and a few other of his scunny team mates all saying positive things for him on twitter. Good luck to him. Like someone about said above, he won't be out of a job too long.
  • Options
    Could see a manager lose his job to make way for Adkins to come in at a Championship club, possibly Birmingham?
  • Options

Could see a manager lose his job to make way for Adkins to come in at a Championship club, possibly Birmingham?

Clarke has a rolling contract.

B'ham probably can't afford to get rid of Clarke.

• Options
    Bet Notts Forest are kicking themselves. McLeish....Lol !!!
  • Options
    Was Adkins the physio come good?
  • Options

he is .. who needs Maurinho .. we got our physio
  • Options
    Thought so
  • Options

This.
    Maybe massives? Lucky Palace filled their position quickly after Frredman .
    He's a quality manager.

• Options
    edited January 2013

Also one of the few ex professional goalkeepers especially from the lower leagues who has made it as a manager not to mention in the Prem.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    From a football in general perspective, absolute joke.
    From a southampton and anything/one associated with them perspective, f*** 'em.
  • Options
    not sure if someone else has posted this but this is the wikipedia page of nicola cortese the executive chairman at southampton. read the first line. class.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicola_Cortese
  • Options

not sure if someone else has posted this but this is the wikipedia page of nicola cortese the executive chairman at southampton. read the first line. class.

hahahaha .. That won't stay up for very long
  • Options
    Isn't he Swiss?
  • Options
    Never a "fan" of the saints or Adkins after his bust up with Kevin Nolan ( I was sat behind Kevin) but I'll say this is up there with the craziest decisions. Fans like him, players give their all for him. Perfect combination.

Actually feel for the Saints fans.
  • Options
    edited January 2013

Isn't he Swiss?

no the bloke who bought them was a billionaire german born swiss banker markus liebherr. he gave control to cortese. liebherr died couple of years back. cortese is in charge of all decisions where Southampton fc are concerned.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    From the statement Cortese gave, it sounded as if he was saying "thank you for your work getting us here but we need someone else to take us further".

First of all, he's only had half a season to prove himself and was just finding his feet at that level. Were they expecting Football Manager style miracles? And secondly, would Curbs have got the chance to take Charlton forward in 1999 when we were relegated in our first season? I doubt it more and more with each of these needless dismissals.

Only when these decisions begin to consistently backfire will anyone realise what they're doing.
  • Options
    Joke decision. For once I feel for the manager sacked.
  • Options

Nothing in the first line now but...

Fun Facts

Nicola Cortese wears lifts in his shoes as he is insecure about his height. In 2012, Cortese installed a solid gold toilet in his private bathroom at St. Mary's. Nicola Cortese keeps the heads of all his victims in a freezer underneath the Stadium. He is fond of slavery and keeps communications chief Jordan Sibley chained to a desktop computer in 6x4 shed at the club's Staplewood training ground.
    [edit]In Popular Culture

- In the Bible, Nicola Cortese is the primary antagonist
  • Options
    New manager stitched up the owner in his opening press conference.

Pochettino - "i know about the squad, been researching it for weeks"
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Haha oh dear.
  • Options
    It's becoming a joke. One of the (many) things i used to like about english football was the fact that managers were "almost for life", with time on their side to build teams and "change" and transform a football club. Now, this f.....g global world has transformed everything ! as in Italy, or Spain or Argentina etc. managers are chopped and changed like underwear ... sad sad times ...
  • Options
    Epic epic fail
  • Options

What do they expect a guy with almost no knowledge of English football who will probably never have even heard of half the Saints squad to do better than Adkins?

Not to mention he just got sacked after a horrendous start to the season with Espanyol, and he'll have to deal with a squad no doubt pissed off at Adkins going.

I doubt he'll get the respect of the players.

Really is senseless...Southampton were in their best form of the season and ofcourse its the transfer window which probably meant they had new signing lined up which won't happen now.

• Options
    Reading Corteses Wiki ( sadly he is once again described as a "banker") you realize that this guy is just some jerk who was fortunate enough to charm Markus Liebherr. At least if TJ did the unthinkable, he d be able to say to us "well it's my money" Not Cortese. He's just some jerk banker. He knows no more about football than you or I basically, beyond what he has learnt in his time spending Liebherrs inheritance at Southampton.

At the risk of repeating myself: jerk!
  • Options
    Just started reading this thread and thought it must be 1st April....

Very sad day for the fans but sincerely hope "Ms" Cortese ( used to think he was female) is subjected to some serious, longterm abuse as his team plummets back down into the Championship.

Good luck to Nigel for the future ( but would advise him to change his name )
  • Options
    Mad, mad decision. Can see no logic behind this.
  • Options
    Adkins' Southampton record
    Played: 124
    Won: 67
    Drawn: 25
    Lost: 32

New bloke gave us the pen when Owen fell ????? against Argentina in wc
  • Options

Salad said:

the worst sacking since Parky

thought he retired or left the Beeb of his own accord. Shocked to hear he was sacked. Was it Emu's fault?
    Selling life insurance for the over 50's now

• Options
    Ridiculous decision. Almost guaranteed that this will go tits up for Southampton. Cortese will deserve it as well. Shame about the fans though.