Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Nigel Adkins

Comments

• Options

why did this go members only?

because Adkins is being appointed Charlton manager this evening

• Options
    He's an Argy and not Mexican. He shouldn't be allowed to work in this country, although I suppose by now he has a Spanish passport.
  • Options
    I've moved it back now to "other football".
  • Options
    Owe JT a beer - just won some cash after taking a punt on his advice!
  • Options
    Price had already been hammered unfortunately. Twitter is a killer for that
  • Options
    Disgrace
  • Options
    new manager doing press conference at 2.30pm - with an interpreter, can't speak English. What a joke.
  • Options
    The new Manager probably won't fancy a CF in the Lambert mould. Have we got a spare £5m?
  • Options
    Sometimes we expect loyalty from our players and managers - it has to work both ways - if club owners show no loyalty why should the players or managers?
  • Options
    Saints fans on my facebook page are fuming!

"Fucking joke, never going to st Mary's while Cortese is in charge, best manager in years"

"Could not be more fuming!!!!!! Blood is boiling!!!!!! I am so so angry I can't concentrate. Anyone around I can punch!!!! Cant understand!!! Just at a loss at the logic. Could be genious move in the long run but who cares!!!!! That man has saved my club and I'm forever grateful. So angry at the lack of faith!! Blackpool have got themselves a genious. Walk in there Nige and keep your head high!!! Managerless clubs will be mad. As for you Nicola you got yourself some transfer requests coming in I bet!!!"

"WHY THE HELL HAVE WE SACKED ADKINS!?!"

"Adkins has been fired! I hope the protest and boos on Monday can be heard from my flat. Disgraceful!"
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JT said:

Price had already been hammered unfortunately. Twitter is a killer for that

Not surprising as she has just got married for a third time :o)
  • Options
    Wonder if he's happy about coming from the sun kissed shores of Barcelona to Snowy, smelly Southampton? (No offence to anyone on here who is from Southampton).
  • Options
    Sickening. What has football become. I am fuming and I have no affiliation to the club - can't imagine how their fans (or Adkins himself!) are feeling. Just won at Villa and drawn at Chelsea.

I hope our board don't do the same thing to Powell. Each time we get 2 dodgy results in a row I start to worry. If he is given the chop under similarly unjustified circumstances I think I'd have to jack in watching football and spend my Saturday afternoons writing hate mail to Jiminez.
  • Options
    What a feck up, get some money on Saints getting relegated, this is worse than QPR under Paladini.
  • Options

Wonder if he's happy about coming from the sun kissed shores of Barcelona to Snowy, smelly Southampton? (No offence to anyone on here who is from Southampton).

None taken, it's a dump!
  • Options

"Fucking joke, by ever going to st Mary's while Cortese is in charge, best manager in years"

"Could not be more fuming!!!!!! Blood is boiling!!!!!! I am so so angry I can't concentrate. Anyone around I can punch!!!! Cant understand!!! Just at a loss at the logic. Could be genious move in the long run but who cares!!!!! That man has saved my club and I'm forever grateful. So angry at the lack of faith!! Blackpool have got themselves a genious. Walk in there Nige and keep your head high!!! Managerless clubs will be mad. As for you Nicola you got yourself some transfer requests coming in I bet!!!"

"Adkins has been fired! I hope the protest and boos on Monday can be heard from my flat. Disgraceful!"

It is a crazy crazy decision from what I thought was a stable, sensibe management. See you next year after your relegation
  • Options
    AGAINST MODERN FOOTBALL
  • Options
    Everton, United and City 3 of his first 4 games.

• Options
    English football is under attack from imbeciles like Cortese. Hopefully we can build up groups like the new Supporters Trust here, perhaps (ever so slightly) lessening the chances of similar fiascoes taking place at CAFC.
  • Options
    Pochettino was sacked in November with Espanyol bottom of La Liga.

Adkins was on a 5 match unbeaten run & only two defeats in last 12.

Crazy decision!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Most be more to it, shirley?
  • Options
    Bit of breaking news re Charlton at 1230 according to the official twitter...
  • Options

"Fucking joke, by ever going to st Mary's while Cortese is in charge, best manager in years"

It is a crazy crazy decision from what I thought was a stable, sensibe management. See you next year after your relegation
    Umm, I'm not a Saints fan...but I reckon they will drop now. Adkins would have saved them.
  • Options

I hope our board don't do the same thing to Powell. Each time we get 2 dodgy results in a row I start to worry. If he is given the chop under similarly unjustified circumstances I think I'd have to jack in watching football and spend my Saturday afternoons writing hate mail to Jiminez.

this, with knobs on.

• Options
    At least the Saints fans have taken to their new manager.........

"Get him out. 90 minutes of pro Adkins chants and volleys of abuse towards this guy"

"get lost..not wanted..he wont be here by xmas"

"Immediate emotional reaction.
    I don't want that f**king Argie in charge of my club. I want Nigel Adkins!"

"**** off Pochettino, not wanted"

"WHO THE ****ING HELL ARE YOU?!?!?!?!
    OneNigelAdkins!!!!!!!!!"
  • Options

Umm, I'm not a Saints fan...but I reckon they will drop now. Adkins would have saved them.
    sorry, I realised after I posted .. the clue is in your name
  • Options
    And people wonder why people are falling out of love with the game.

I'm angry for saints fans ridiculous decision
  • Options
    They should be aiming it at the board not the new manager
  • Options
    Awful decision, he deserves at least a season in the premiership considering the last two years, and was sure Southampton were going to stay up with him in charge. Not so sure of that now.