Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Nigel Adkins

Big plunge on him being the next Premier League Manager to leave - as short as evens with Stan James. They've been on a good run culminating with the comeback at Chelsea, they aren't in the relegation zone either, he is loved by the fans too so the question is "why"?

Comments

• Everyone knows why!! Because he had a run in with Kevin Nolan !!
  • JTJT
    edited January 2013
  • Big plunge on him being the next Premier League Manager to leave - as short as evens with Stan James. They've been on a good run culminating with the comeback at Chelsea, they aren't in the relegation zone either, he is loved by the fans too so the question is "why"?

Well I would have thought the reason was obvious. He's been tapped up by Newcastle.
  • JT said:

I'm sure this happens now and then purely for the bookies benefit. Fake gambles.

Agreed so far as false gambles are concerned. Many a book is made on the back of these but usually they follow something rational to back them up i.e. run of bad form, fallout with Chairman, backing of Chairman etc etc

• I'm sure good ole H has been "in and out" a few times?
  • JTJT
    edited January 2013

• What odds is Lambert?
  • Riviera said:

Big plunge on him being the next Premier League Manager to leave - as short as evens with Stan James. They've been on a good run culminating with the comeback at Chelsea, they aren't in the relegation zone either, he is loved by the fans too so the question is "why"?

Well I would have thought the reason was obvious. He's been tapped up by Newcastle.
    LOL I seriously hope Newcastle get rid of Pardew first otherwise I've done my money for the third time this season backing him to be next to go!
  • What odds is Lambert?

9/2 with Stan James and William Hill. Adkins now 4/7 with WH but, seemingly, 7/1 with Skybet (suspect you can't get on at that price though).
  • Unless they've had a row over a January transfer budget/possible new signings, i can't see why they'd get rid of Atkins. 5 games unbeaten, including draws with Arsenal and Chelsea
  • Sponsored links:

• What odds is Lambert?

9/2 with Stan James and William Hill. Adkins now 4/7 with WH but, seemingly, 7/1 with Skybet (suspect you can't get on at that price though).
    1/5

• JTJT
    edited January 2013
  • JT said:

JT said:

Make it members only...

Make it members only
  • What odds is Lambert?

1/5

Oddschecker wrong as usual as still showing 7/1.

• Riviera said:

JT said:

JT said:

Make it members only...

Make it members only
    Done.
  • Just browsed a couple of Saints forums and no chat about this. Maybe it's under Members Only?
  • After Markus Liebherr, the chairman (Nicola Cortese) rushed into sacking Pardew as it was well known down here they didnt see eye to eye, however, Pardew had the fans backing and Corteses decision was extremely unpopular. Adkins was the man Cortese wanted and appointed him.

Up until this season, Adkins has had full backing from Cortese. He was backed in the summer with 2 big money signings and seemed to be the man to Cortese thought was to bring success into the club.

Back in November, it was reported down here that Cortese was ready to sack Adkins as they were in the relegation zone and hadnt won in a handful of games. The away win over QPR saved his job and he followed that up by beating Newcastle, a game which I went to. The backing for Adkins that day was like the backing for Powell at the Cardiff game. They didnt sing his name for 15 mins, but during the game there were various chants for him from the main section of fans.

The fans love Adkins, they dont always agree with his tactics and his inclusion of Guly, but apart from the FA Cup game against Chelsea, saints fans see a team battling on the pitch. Cortese however is only interest in the £££ and wants success and success for him is to bring in an international manager.

My ex's step dad did alot of electrical work for Cortese. he's a man that wants something done the way he wants it and will get his way. He will let people know in private when he's not happy. No matter of the backing of the fans, Cortese has imo, decided to get rid of Adkins. Whether that be now or the end of the season, Adkins days are slowing running out.
  • JTJT
    edited January 2013
    Had a text from my Bro who covers Southampton for work, Adkins is to be sacked today and replaced by some bloke from Espanyol.

Price is dropping by the min though
  • 1/5 on Skybet now.
  • edited January 2013
    Ridiculous decision if true
  • Sponsored links:

• If they sack Adkins it will be the most ludicrous sacking in Premier League history, utterly bonkers.
  • JT said:

Had a text from my Bro who covers Southampton for work, Adkins is to be sacked today and replaced by some bloke from Espanyol.

Price is dropping by the min though

Espanyol's manager is a mexican who only took over there 6 weeks ago. Very odd.

• Still get evens i think
  • madness if true.
  • Didn't do himself any favours sticking up for the fella that dived last week but still a bit of a crazy decision to give him the elbow.
  • Will that be the 3rd premier league manager to go this season
  • Will that be the 3rd premier league manager to go this season

Yes
  • Let's get rid of the guy who's won us 2 straight promotions, and now has us outside of the relegation zone and bring in a guy with no knowledge of English football who was sacked by Espanyol 6 weeks ago. Great move!!

Who the f*ck advises these club owners?
  • Really stupid decision.

I don't especially like him but he has done a pretty decent job down there. I dare say he will have a rather large number of potential suitors interested in him so don't feel too bad for him