Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Nigel Adkins

Comments

• Options

English football is under attack from imbeciles like Cortese. Hopefully we can build up groups like the new Supporters Trust here, perhaps (ever so slightly) lessening the chances of similar fiascoes taking place at CAFC.

Just one of several comments that I agree with 100%. Makes me ashamed to be such a devoted fan of professional football

• Options
    O'Driscoll, Hill, Di Matteo were all candidates for the daft sacking of the season, but this one trumps the lot. Top class manager who will get a better job before the sun is over the yardarm. Blackburn must be gutted that they've appointed the dreadful Appleton now there's an opportunity to get a top class bloke like Adkins on the rebound.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    This is definitely the most baffling of the lot, especially considering his replacement's managerial experience consists of a very mediocre time at Espanyol, and he can't speak English.
  • Options
    very very strange ... seems a nonsense decision and very unfair, he's done a good job
  • Options
    Not sure them abusing the new manager will do any good. For a start he won't understand them because he can't speak English!
  • Options
    Incredible. A job for Appleton?
  • Options

Incredible. A job for Appleton?

lol
  • Options
    Looks like Southampton could be then next Blackburn, fans showing there anger at the wrong person during the match.

Ridiculous decision by the owner but not the new managers fault for taking a job.

• Options

O'Driscoll, Hill, Di Matteo were all candidates for the daft sacking of the season, but this one trumps the lot. Top class manager who will get a better job before the sun is over the yardarm. Blackburn must be gutted that they've appointed the dreadful Appleton now there's an opportunity to get a top class bloke like Adkins on the rebound.

Don't think he'd go to Blackburn!
  • Options
    'Arry is probably having a smirk at this, that's one of the relegation places accounted for!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I hope our board don't do the same thing to Powell. Each time we get 2 dodgy results in a row I start to worry. If he is given the chop under similarly unjustified circumstances I think I'd have to jack in watching football and spend my Saturday afternoons writing hate mail to Jiminez.

this, with knobs on.

Think how many games Powell lost when he first took over and they didn't sack him.
  • Options
    Stupid soton board what the f are they doing f**king the club poor atkins done a fine job
  • Options
    Doubt he will be out a job for long, pretty baffling.
  • Options
    Hope they get relegated f#cking yokels.
  • Options
    So do I. Proper scummy club with scummy fans.
  • Options
    Rather than just being a completely ridiculous decision, this is very typical of what is happening in the Premiership now with rich foreign idiots who know nothing about the game.
  • Options
    edited January 2013

What do they expect a guy with almost no knowledge of English football who will probably never have even heard of half the Saints squad to do better than Adkins?

Not to mention he just got sacked after a horrendous start to the season with Espanyol, and he'll have to deal with a squad no doubt pissed off at Adkins going.

this x a billion !!!

I hope the saints fans make a stand & hopefully a bit more than the Chelsea fans did

bonkers !!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Plaaayer said:

So do I. Proper scummy club with scummy fans.

Think yourself lucky you don't have to live amongst them.

• Options
    the worst sacking since Parky
  • Options
    Salad said:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czvIhn2acVU
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Salad said:

Cue Large :-0
  • Options
    Salad said:

thought he retired or left the Beeb of his own accord. Shocked to hear he was sacked. Was it Emu's fault?
  • Options
    It's always difficult to comment from an 100% informed position on the goings on at other clubs but this looks like the most bonkers sacking of the season by some distance to me.
  • Options
    Windass has spoken;

Dean Windass ‏@DWindass10
    What's the point in us english ex footballs doing our badgers never going 2 get jobs don't have 2 say why!

Uafa A and uafa B license that's wot I mean!

U all no wot I ment ime from hull lol!

Deary me !

• Options
    Doing our badgers!!!
  • Options
    mental. Hope they go down. Adkins is one of those managers you want to be available at a time you are without a manager yourself as a team. Great record. To replace him with a bloke with no experience in the UK and who does not speak English is beyond stupid IMO.
  • Options
    the wise words of windass
  • Options
    Might help if he could spell UEFA
  • Options
  • Options

Adkins is one of those managers you want to be available at a time you are without a manager yourself as a team. Great record.

Well, a few Chairman are going to look at their own struggling manager and think, "We need Adkins".

He won't be short of job offers.