Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Nigel Adkins

Comments

• Options
    IF it's true, and if it is it'll be a complete nonsense (his team just fought back to draw away with the Euro champions), I'd like to see ol Nig at Doncaster. He'll have them in the Prem in 4 years or less
  • Options
    On a plus point Lamberts odds have drifted.
    Got a derby tomorrow, can see him going soon.
  • Options
    He must have another job lined up. Ridiculous decision if they have sacked him.
  • Options
    if true a spectacularly ridiculous decision. Adkins is a great manager. If I were a Saints fan I'd be up in arms and be doing something about it. They will stay up this season and following two back to back promotions from League 1 that in itself is a great achievement. Sometimes I am baffled by some Chairman's decisions, this is one of them. Bonkers.
  • Options
    Shit club shit fans shit board

Good manager
  • Options
    If they get rid of him now they deserve to go down.
  • Options
    Very good manager. Did it at Scunny without money and done it at Soton with money.

Large and I were backing him for the Charlton job on here years ago.

He won't be unemployed for very long.
  • Options
    What do they expect a guy with almost no knowledge of English football who will probably never have even heard of half the Saints squad to do better than Adkins?

Not to mention he just got sacked after a horrendous start to the season with Espanyol, and he'll have to deal with a squad no doubt pissed off at Adkins going.
  • Options
    JTJT
    edited January 2013

He won't be unemployed for very long.

Blackpool?

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    That what your brother said?
  • Options
    No just a thought.
  • Options

What do they expect a guy with almost no knowledge of English football who will probably never have even heard of half the Saints squad to do better than Adkins?

Not to mention he just got sacked after a horrendous start to the season with Espanyol, and he'll have to deal with a squad no doubt pissed off at Adkins going.

That is the key point, they are Adkins players and will be gutted.

If I were the new manager I would be tasting my tea very carefully.
  • Options
    why did this go members only?
  • Options
    Tip off and somebody had probably just had a large wedge on it :-0
  • Options

why did this go members only?

Because I was asked to make it such. I assume that there was a concern that unfounded accusations might be made - or some people wanted to get on Adkins prior to the price crashing!
  • Options
    Confirmed.
  • Options
    Southampton FC @officialsaints
    Southampton Football Club has appointed Mauricio Pochettino as First Team Manager having relieved Nigel Adkins of his duties. #saintsfc
  • Options
    I'm backing them to go down
  • Options
    ridiculous
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    unbelievable decision
  • Options
    I dont' believe it till JTs brother says so.
  • Options
    Fuming if you was a Southampton fan
  • Options
    Who cares, they're a scummy lot.
  • Options
    Yep. On Sky Sports News now. CRAZY !!!
  • Options
    Strange decision that one.
  • Options
    The Mexican wave comes to the south coast .. viva Zapata !!! .. (I hope he makes a right mess of the job)
  • Options
    Unlike Pardew, Adkins can at least walk away with an unblemished record as a Manager.
  • Options
    Pochettino was sacked at Espanyol having got 9 points from 13 games.

Very strange.
  • Options
    According to wikipedia
    Southampton Football Club has appointed Mauricio Pochettino as First Team Manager on the 18/01/13

He takes it up the mucker on Tuesdays, as seen in his picture to the right.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mauricio_Pochettino